REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 07-21-2016, 08:07 AM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Recommend a contractor for concrete repair

last winter my parents had to deal with some plumbing issues, and a plumber had to break up part of their aggregate concrete patio to get at a broken drain tile. about a 2'x2' section of the patio was torn up and they were supposed to fix it afterwards, but it was done poorly. all they did was slap something mixed up from home depot into the area and called it a day.

i tried using the yellow pages and called two companies and they said the job was too small for them to bother with.

does anyone know a smaller outfit that does good work who can do small jobs like this?
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:00 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
You can't redo it yourself?

Sounds decently small. Break up the area that problematic, most likely what wasn't done is the prep below. Dig down abit, throw in some crushed rock, tamp it down with a tamper rented from HD, then put sand ontop, tamp again, then either use some quick-setting readymix from HD or get a 24x24 concrete paver and live with a unique square in your patio.

TBH, 2' x 2' most contractors wouldn't take on as the "profit margin" just is not there for that kind of work. If you do not want to do it yourself, I'd wait for a larger project that needs undertaking, and try to toss this into the mix.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Agreed. Break up the shit they put in there, square up the hole, set the base and use a 24x24 exposed aggregate paver.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

or be prepared to pay $500 for someone to do it all
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:08 PM   #5
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
exposed aggragate, in terms of pouring and placing yourself isnt really somthing you're average person can do.

Unless you're gonna drop in a pre-made paver, its going to be $500+ like blkgsr said.

exposed aggregate isnt so much how hard it is to place (which it definitely is something for an experienced placer) it's moreso the time and steps it takes to get the final product.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:37 PM   #6
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Outdoor rugs are cheap. Lol

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote