REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 07-25-2016, 12:32 PM   #1
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Tanzania

Anyone been?

Looking to go at the end of December.
Advertisement
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:22 AM   #2
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,214 Posts
I'd like to know too!
Would love to hit up Serengeti, Ngorogoro Crater, Zanzibar, and climb Kilimanjaro in the near future

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:39 AM   #3
Old School RS

Thanked 3,930 Times in 1,197 Posts
I spent 3 months traveling through Africa in 2014, I wrote a fair number of blog posts although most are just photos from many of those destinations:
Africa | MARK UHLMANN

I am about to head out the door but the one thing I will say is there is simply no replacement for time. In my opinion, anything less than a month is not worth the expense and difficulty of flying to East Africa. Short of the uber $$$ private plane everywhere approach, the only way to get between these destinations is to drive. The destinations are long ways from each other and the roads are terrible - there are many days where we did 8-10 hours at an average of 50km/h or less because the roads were dirt, gravel, or simply so riddled with potholes that you couldn't go faster or risk damaging your vehicle.

More to come.

Mark
Old 07-26-2016, 09:02 AM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

my coworker grew up there (father ran the company of a diamond mine there; private jets, school in nairobi etc) so i was just talking to him and he said 30 days too.
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:25 PM   #5
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
spent a month in uganda. had several chances to go to Zanzibar which i regret not doing!
totally know what you're talking about lowside. from kampala i had to take a 6 hour ride in a rackity van with no suspension and literally doubled in the designed passenger capacity, including some livestock. the first time was an experience but did it like 4 times it was the worst.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote