REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   IPA fans? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/709776-ipa-fans.html)

jumsoo 07-27-2016 11:31 AM

IPA fans?

my favorites are Fat Tug and four winds.

bluejays 07-27-2016 01:05 PM

Steamworks jasmine IPA is my go to

Hondaracer 07-27-2016 01:15 PM

imo the two best IPA's going are

Driftwood - Fat Tug
Central City - IPA

personally i think if i had to definitively choose one over the other, as a strictly pure IPA i'd probably go with the CC, enjoy fat tug immensely though.

Non-locally i love anything from Green Flash, their IPA and West Coast Pale Ale are awsome, also their "Pallete Wrecker" is about as bitter as it gets, over 150IBU i believe.. which yea, after 100 it becomes kind of a pissing match, but i think you'd be hard pressed to find anything hoppier than it lol.

I'm at the point where outside of drinking mass quanities of beer where i would probably take a corona, Keiths, etc. i NEED to have a bit of bitterness to enjoy a beer these days

Whether it's an ISA, ESB, IPA, etc.

BlackV62K2 07-27-2016 01:52 PM

Locals: My goto IPA: Driftwood Fat Tug. I'm really liking the Yellow Dog IPA right now.

For non locals, Portland's Breakside IPA. Tried the Green Flash IPA in San Fran, good but strong :drunk:

jumsoo 07-27-2016 01:53 PM

if you ever go down to seattle area, try chuck's hop shop. it has great selections of craft beer especially IPA's

Hondaracer 07-27-2016 02:01 PM

Had the Yellowdog last weekend actually and yea, quite good!

Another one from Green Flash I forgot about it called "Rayon vert" or green flash, lol. It's rare but really awesome well.

Personally don't really care for some of the bigger "popular" ones like Lagunitas etc. and I've never liked any of the IPA's parallel 49 has come out with.

neggo 07-27-2016 02:20 PM

Hitachino beers were my go to for everything when I was living in Japan, including their IPA. Unfortunately, they're incredibly hard to get here in Canada and the only place to get them is in Alberta.

Now that I'm back, my go to is usually four winds. I've got a dageraad IPA in my fridge, so I'm looking forward to trying that out.

BlackV62K2 07-27-2016 02:23 PM

Driftwood Sartori coming in a couple months. Another favorite but that's only annually.

Hondaracer 07-27-2016 03:21 PM

Oh yea the Sartori is killerrrr

Although last year I didn't like it as much as the previous year, but it's always somthing I look forward to

pherio 07-28-2016 11:08 AM

As Mentioned already:
Yellow Dog - Play Dead IPA
Steamworks - Jasmine IPA

Moody Ales - Affable IPA
is great as well