REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 07-28-2016, 12:59 PM   #1
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Disneyland Packages?

Trying to find packages to disney for 2 ppl in september. Flight / Hotel / Passes (and car if possible)

anyone have recommendations for websites to check out? I tried expedia but no passes on the site?
Advertisement

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:02 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
If you plan on going to the other parks, just book flight + hotel and buy a CityPass.
Southern California CityPASS
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
If you plan on going to the other parks, just book flight + hotel and buy a CityPass.
Southern California CityPASS
thought about that, how far drive is san diego from LA / Anaheim?? Might plan a hotel near disney thats close to both

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 08-04-2016, 02:34 PM   #4

bump

Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #5
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
I booked through Expedia. No crazy deals to be had. Got to buck up for Disney. Sadly I booked when our dollar was even weaker. Almost 5k for flight, hotel and 3 day passes for a family of 5 and my youngest was free

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:14 PM   #6
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Booked a WestJet Vacation package via Flight Centre last October. 3 night, 4 days for $1600 for two. This included flights from YVR to LAX, pick up and drop off (shuttle van) to and from LAX, Hotel, 3 Day Park Pass (admission for 3 parks on 3 days, we did Cali Adv. and then twice to DL). Booked like a month in advance, so don't know if its on the cheaper or expensive side.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:54 PM   #7
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
thought about that, how far drive is san diego from LA / Anaheim?? Might plan a hotel near disney thats close to both
i did the city pass 2 years ago. it looks like it is lego land instead of universal now
drive is not that bad to san diego. about 2 hours if i remember correctly.

found tickets at orbitz.com. booked with air canada since it was the cheapest. probably the last time I will book with air canada. return flight was on air canada rouge and it was the worse flight i had. as the seats from small and cramped with limited leg room.

booked a shuttle to hotel from LAX. walked to avis to get the car rental since it was down the street. so don;t need to pay for the airport fee. i did seaworld on sunday, universal on monday, returned the car and disneyland for 3 days straight after since i figured there would be less people at disneyland during weekdays

i stayed at a hotel across the street from disney so its a short walk to the gates each day. can always hang out at downtown disney each day as the close late and don't need a pass.

Last edited by lilaznviper; 08-10-2016 at 03:01 PM.
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:07 PM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
The drive sucks. Much rather go to Legoland the day before you leave and stay there for the night.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
i did the city pass 2 years ago. it looks like it is lego land instead of universal now
drive is not that bad to san diego. about 2 hours if i remember correctly.

found tickets at orbitz.com. booked with air canada since it was the cheapest. probably the last time I will book with air canada. return flight was on air canada rouge and it was the worse flight i had. as the seats from small and cramped with limited leg room.

booked a shuttle to hotel from LAX. walked to avis to get the car rental since it was down the street. so don;t need to pay for the airport fee. i did seaworld on sunday, universal on monday, returned the car and disneyland for 3 days straight after since i figured there would be less people at disneyland during weekdays

i stayed at a hotel across the street from disney so its a short walk to the gates each day. can always hang out at downtown disney each day as the close late and don't need a pass.
Might do this..... sounds smart but lego land over universal studios now...

Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 08-11-2016, 02:47 PM   #10
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
LA to SD is roughly a 3-4 hour drive but it highly depends on the traffic. It was one of the main reasons why we skipped SD when we were in LA
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:36 AM   #11
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
LA to SD is roughly a 3-4 hour drive but it highly depends on the traffic. It was one of the main reasons why we skipped SD when we were in LA
Anaheim is much closer to San Diego and is only about 1.5 hour drive. Even LA-SD is 2 hours if you go outside of peak traffic.

Go visit it if you have a chance. It's a much more laid back kind of city and gives off a Vancouver vibe. There's Seaworld, Coronado Beach, The Zoo and Their Gaslamp District is like a way nicer version of our Granville St. Entertainment district.

On the way back to the LA metro area you can hit up Temecula on I-15 (instead of back on I-5) which has a nice "wild west" vibe and tons of cool antique stores.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:50 PM   #12
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Last time we went we flew into San Diego spent 3 days there did the zoo and some other shit then drove to Anaheim for Disney. I really like San Diego, I have a good friend that lives in Murietta which is near Temecula so we stop there as well.

I plan on going again sometime next year, I'll probably book it around Xmas for the Spring and give it to my wife & son as a Christmas gift/Surprise. Let us know what/where you book I'd like to hear some feedback for when I book my trip.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote