REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY

USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Cars, Sedans, Wagons, SUVs, Sport Bikes for Sale...

Old 08-08-2016, 01:16 PM   #1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

RARE 2004 Saturn Redline AWD VUE SUV

Ok, I realize this is the last place this will get attention...a small SUV on steroids.....or at least, one that's been working out? It has a Honda V6 drivetrain (motor and 5 speed auto tranny)...so it's not your typical N/A offering. Here's my CL ad....

Offered for sale is this very rare 2004 Saturn VUE Redline Limited Edition AWD.

Well before the popularity of high performance SUV's, Saturn decided to step it up by offering a legitimately sporty, small suv with 250hp. In it's day, there was nothing comparable in the segment.

Finished in jet black over a tan and black interior (leather) it is a beautiful example of what very well may be a collector down the road.

Saturn only produced 1507 of this special edition in this inaugeral year, of which, Canada got 250 in total. There were 3 colours offered, 2 interior colours, and choice of FWD or AWD, so if you do the math, a black over tan AWD model will be in extremely limited numbers. In all honesty, I have yet to cross paths with this exact vehicle. It certainly stands out.

What really makes these special is that GM had an agreement in the early 2000's that let them trade their diesel engine technology for Honda drivelines - in particular, the 3.5L 6 cylinder out of the MDX and Pilot. Providing 250hp and 242ft/lbs of torque, it was a big step up in refinement, reliability and power from GMs 6's. As well, Honda supplied them with their 5 speed auto. transmission. Really, the best of both worlds, in that you get reasonable (cheap!) repairs and parts, being GM, and bulletproof reliability being a Honda drivetrain! Do a Google search and you will see how high customer satisfaction is with the first gen Redlines. After 2007, they became rather bland. The first generation is regarded as the purest and most fun of the VUE Redlines....if not the best looking =)

There have been no accidents, and the overall condition is excellent, especially given that it is 12 years old. The paint shows very well, and the interior is in very nice and very clean condition, This has been used as a people mover - not a work suv - and it shows. I'd rate the body and paint an easy 9 and the interior the same.

All available options offered by Saturn are here, from heated front seats (drivers 4 way power) - premium cd sound system, power sunroof, stability/traction control, leather, A/C, power windows/locks, alarm/keyless entry, roof rack and more. And again, this is not the FWD version, but the all wheel drive model. Of course, being the Redline, you get the factory lowered suspension, stiffer springs, 18" sport wheels, ground effects kit, specific front and rear fascias, chrome exhaust tip, and unique touches in the interior, available only on this model. I also have a set of both summer (tan) carpeted mats and winter (black) rubber mats.

These retailed for $37000 in 2004 so they weren't exactly cheap in their day, but when all things are considered - utility, performance, reliability, looks, economy, rarity and comfort - they were truly one of a kind. Oh and of course, don't forget Saturn's big claim to fame - polymer body panels! Practically dent proof and will never rust!

All service records have been kept, including original bill of sale! (locally sold at Lansdowne Pontiac Buick Saturn) Recently fully serviced and ready to go. Needs nothing and inspections more than welcome.

You will not find a nicer example anywhere...if you can even find another black over tan Redline!

The price is $5200 and it can be seen anytime (within reason)

You will not be disappointed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saturn1.jpg (170.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg saturn3.jpg (156.3 KB, 0 views)
Advertisement