REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Get your driving records online

this is new to me not sure if i'm the only one... (sorry i tried to cut/paste but it's all screwed up so go to the URL instead):

Driving records

http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing...vingrecordsgen

Quote:

Your driving record, also called a driver's abstract, is a record of your driving history. It lists when
your driver's licence was first issued, plus any driving tickets or other offences you've received in the previous five years.

Get your driving records online
You can easily request a driver’s abstract, an insurance and claims history record or a commercial driving record (National Safety Code abstract) for your employer through our online application form.

Get your driving records
You will receive your driving record and/or insurance and claims history by email. The record(s) attached in the email are digitally certified by ICBC.
Please note, email is not a secure method of transmitting sensitive personal information and by using this service you accept this risk. If you are concerned, you may use the alternative methods indicated below.

If you don't see the email, please check your spam or junk folder first then try your request again.

Driving records you may need
Driving record (driver's abstract)
You can use a copy of your driving record to apply for a driver’s licence when you move out of B.C., to become a member of any car-sharing company(s) or to volunteer driving for school activities e.g. field trips. Your driver's abstract is a public (P) record of your basic driving history in the last five years.

Insurance and claims history record

You should get your B.C. insurance and claims history record if you’re moving away from B.C. and planning to apply for auto insurance. Your next insurer will likely ask to see this record for your insurance coverage history and your claims history as a driver. You may request a claims history record for up to the last 20 years, if needed.

Commercial driving record
If you’re a driver applying for employment purposes, you’ll need a National Safety Code (NSC) abstract. The (N) print is a record of your basic driving history and any commercial vehicle-related convictions in the last five years.

Request for your driving records
You can request for your documents to be emailed or mailed to you or another organization of your choice by phone, mail, fax or visiting any ICBC driver licensing office.
Have your driver's licence number ready when you call during office hours (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)

B.C., Canada and the U.S.
1-800-663-3051

Lower Mainland
604-661-2800

Bulk requests for NSC abstracts
Fleet operators can request 20 or more NSC abstracts using the National Safety Code Abstract Request form. Please send or fax the completed form to:

Mailing address
ICBC Licensing Support Services
Box 3750 910 Government Street
Victoria BC V8W 3Y5
Fax: 250-978-8012

Find out more about NSC abstracts for fleet operators.
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 08-10-2016 at 11:27 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,188 Times in 2,411 Posts
New to me, that is awesome. Finally can get approved for BCAA evo after being lazy to call ICBC for 8 months.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:55 PM   #3
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Out of curiosity, do police only see your driving violations from the past 5 years, or all your previous tickets?

(...because I definitely have more tickets than what showed up on the record. lol).
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70789...ds-online.html

It was posted before, but always good information for those that missed it or weren't aware.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:56 AM   #5
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by heleu View Post
Out of curiosity, do police only see your driving violations from the past 5 years, or all your previous tickets?

(...because I definitely have more tickets than what showed up on the record. lol).
In the car, we only see the previous 5 years. However, we can request a complete abstract from the Motor Vehicle Brance that shows every conviction. I've received 11 pages once, but have seen longer.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-21-2016, 02:20 PM   #6
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
In the car, we only see the previous 5 years. However, we can request a complete abstract from the Motor Vehicle Brance that shows every conviction. I've received 11 pages once, but have seen longer.
What does it show? Just if you received a ticket, or do police log when they pulled you over?

Lets say I get pulled over for a standard license and registration check, does that get logged?

I only ask because I have been yanked two times, within minutes of each other. Both Burnaby RCMP. And on one other ocasion by North Van RCMP, and then 1 hour later by West Van PD.

Just wondering if they can see that I was pulled over another time that day.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 02:55 PM   #7

Every thing done on the computers, in terms of checks/queries is logged in order to keep people accountable, just like most companies/databases.

Licence plate checks show on cpic for a couple of days, but generally only show that it was checked/stopped, not necessarily the reason for the check/stop.

If a file is generated for anything, how quickly it shows up depends on when it was submitted and how quickly transcription pushes it through. The overwhelming majority of stops don't generate files.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
Old 08-21-2016, 07:23 PM   #8

Just re-read your post. The abstract shows all convictions as a driver or passenger (no seat belt tickets). It shows the date the ticket was issued and the date it was paid, as well as the jurisdiction it was received in. It also shows all licence suspensions/prohibitions, whether Criminal Code or Motor Vehicle Act.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:33 AM   #9
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I rather not look at my driving record thank you very much.
gawesome is offline   Reply With Quote