REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-18-2016, 08:55 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,752 Times in 700 Posts
Rugged Maniac 2017 - Only $39 until Sep 9, 2016

I just got this registration code for Rugged Maniac 2017. I participated this year and it was a pretty cool event.

It's not as long as Tough Mudder (21km), Rugged Maniac is only 5km and it has more obstacles.

Overall, I had a great time with my friends. It was actually really fun and overall was a good event. We ran with two girls of pretty low fitness levels (ie. do not workout on a regular basis, and a little chubby) and they made it through. We weren't the fastest, but the girls did it and they were super proud of themselves.

If you guys are interested here is the link

https://register.ruggedmaniac.com/ev...de/VANCOUVER17

Enter code "VANCOUVER17" and it will be discounted to $39. I know it says $49, but after you input the code, it'll discount to $39.

Expires Sep 9, 2016

Early bird pricing is usually $60, then increases to $100 closer to the date. We paid $60, but at $39, this is an absolute steal. I would highly recommend it.

Registration includes:
- Rugged Maniac Shirt
- Medal
- One Beer (strongbow tall boy or Canadian)
- Free Photo's during the event

Here is the official site for it: https://ruggedmaniac.com/
Advertisement

Last edited by PeanutButter; 08-23-2016 at 09:56 PM.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:40 PM   #2
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
If it's anything like tough mudder then their idea of making everything cash only is really stupid. If you don't have a spectator friend holding onto your money then it's going to get soaked and/or fall out during the race.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:05 PM   #3
degenerate extraordinaire

at least spectating for the above event is free, unlike with tough mudders where you have to purchase a spectator ticket
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
If it's anything like tough mudder then their idea of making everything cash only is really stupid. If you don't have a spectator friend holding onto your money then it's going to get soaked and/or fall out during the race.
The event itself is run very well.

They have a free bag check, and it's not slow at all. I didn't have to wait at all.
They have a big tent where you bag check and there are people who guard the entrance. The bag ticket is your bib number, so they just make sure the bag tag is the same as your bib and you're all set. It was painless.

Also, registration is super fast and efficient. They probably had over 30 people at registration.

They have a number of showers, it's really just hoses with holes in them suspended, but they worked fine.

Overall, the event was run very smoothly and I didn't have any complaints at all. Oh, and they had free water along the course and ended off with free water bottles, fruit, and chocolate milk. It was pretty solid.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post
at least spectating for the above event is free, unlike with tough mudders where you have to purchase a spectator ticket
Yeah!

Rugged Maniacs motto seems to be, we're cheaper, not as long (5km only), have more obstacles, and don't nickel and dime you.

I sound like I work for them.. hah, but it really is quite the event.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Strongbow is actually cider
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
Strongbow is actually cider