REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   2016 PNE (https://www.revscene.net/forums/710049-2016-pne.html)

MG1 08-21-2016 05:33 AM

2016 PNE

No matter how boring it is, I make it a point to go at least once a year.

Perogies from Hunky Bills, something from Jimmies, and a Buckeye Root Beer. Hunting for free stuff.

Oh, and visit the jesus tent............ :troll:

Ludepower 08-21-2016 05:59 AM

Love the PNE. Always something to do.

MG1 08-21-2016 08:13 AM

Other than rides, 'cause too old to ride, what new attractions are at the PNE this year?

and of course, the newest fried something food.

Just remembered the Ribfest. I can only afford one place, so counting on RS to tell me the best place to go.

Hondaracer 08-21-2016 09:28 AM

Went last night had an awesome time.

Had ribs from the place second from the end, they were alright but probably wouldn't go with them again. I think I had the pulled pork from gator BBQ last year and it was killer.

The craft beer fest is a little weaker than last year because now it's rotating breweries instead of everyone being there at once. There are around 8 there now. Also kinda sucks with the $10 admission you don't get two free beers anymore.

$20 for 10 drink tickets.

The couple who do dueling pianos there are, imo, the best live act in the city right now, they are absolutely outstanding and the people watching it always a great time there lol

punkwax 08-21-2016 10:21 AM

We go once a year as well. Taking the family Wednesday. This year I won entry/ride tickets/beer fest tickets from the Fox! :victory:

Using the savings to take the kiddies to Science World Thursday. Then Splashdown Friday... yeesh. I swear I work harder when I'm on vacation.

68style 08-21-2016 11:32 AM

^ I feel tired just reading that

Inaii 08-21-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkwax (Post 8782010)
We go once a year as well. Taking the family Wednesday. This year I won entry/ride tickets/beer fest tickets from the Fox! :victory:

Using the savings to take the kiddies to Science World Thursday. Then Splashdown Friday... yeesh. I swear I work harder when I'm on vacation.

Aww congrats! I've been trying to win but no luck lol (probably because the back of my store doesn't pick up cfox).

tiger_handheld 08-21-2016 05:10 PM

any of the younger folk check out Whambam? How was it?

Vansterdam 08-21-2016 09:18 PM

Im totally going septemer 1 for the Drull Hill/Sisqo concert lol

LC21 08-21-2016 09:33 PM

Went today, was quite slow considering it was opening weekend too. Did anyone try the deep fried coffee?

hchang 08-21-2016 10:56 PM

^ how do you deep fry coffee?

Marshall Placid 08-22-2016 12:58 AM

The Angry Birds section (new this year) was good.

In addition to the regular carnival games, there is a new section of midway games run by the same people that run the Richmond Night Market.

Durrann 08-22-2016 08:01 AM

anyone get in for free yesterday showing their pokemon app?

MG1 08-22-2016 08:10 AM

Tomorrow is free day from 11:00 am till 1:00 pm. I go just before 1:00 pm, get my hand stamped right at 1:01 pm, then come back in the evening. If not tomorrow, next Tuesday, when they have another free two hour window of freeness.

Why pay when everybody else pays for your admission on the other days. Oh, don't forget, PNE is closed on Mondays, except for the final day.

6o4__boi 08-22-2016 08:25 AM

rofl my buddy was telling me how there were asian grandmas not speaking a shred of english but carrying iPads and showing the pokemon GO icon to get in during the free times

swiftshift 08-22-2016 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludepower (Post 8781993)
Love the PNE. Always something to do.

:fuckyea:

Verdasco 08-22-2016 10:16 AM

went on opening day, was bumping

had pulled pork and half rack for $20 on the first stand on the left, was awesome, I would rank this and gators the go too , the other 2 were meh imo. Get the $20.00 selection of meat, do not get the $17.00 of half rack

Deep fried funnel cake, $7, so fcking good

Super dogs were awesome

magic show at 7 wasn't that great except for a couple performers, long as show for 1.5 hrs....

the couple performing was good, the host was fucking garbage and not funny, marty putz was a bad comedian (washed up imo) , juliana chen was stunning! first lady to win the major magic competition, scott pepper was meh, hot bitches in there too, come half an hour early to get good seats. The only tricks that made me go "wow, how did they do it" was the couple performing, I am a very skeptical person btw

if you like ice cream from the machine (soft serve), get the $5.00+$1.00 for waffle cone near the BBQ area on the far right (beside the washroom) , big ass ice cream cone!

Best place to win a medium to large prize is the game where you pick the spots to win and you spin the wheel with the button. I believe nightmarket has this and its easy... near whitespot to the right.

remember, bring sunscreen andi f you want to park where the old ladies ask for money, say $10.00, i had people ask for $20 and fucking $25!! just LOL... :lawl:

saw wam bam while being on the ferris wheel lmao... the concert was pretty nuts .... hedley's vocals were fucking amazing, reminds me of The weekend when I saw him live, voice sounds the same like ti was in the radio!

MG1 08-22-2016 04:34 PM

If anyone is going tonight, can you please post the parking times along Hastings between Renfrew and Playland entrance? The stretch where they allow you to park on the south side of Hastings.

I know that it is okay to park after 6:00 pm, but cannot remember what the morning times were.

TIA

Inaii 08-22-2016 04:55 PM

None of the signs I see on google maps show any morning times (south side, eastbound). Only no stopping from 3-6pm.

Doubl3_H 08-22-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8782292)
If anyone is going tonight, can you please post the parking times along Hastings between Renfrew and Playland entrance? The stretch where they allow you to park on the south side of Hastings.

I know that it is okay to park after 6:00 pm, but cannot remember what the morning times were.

TIA

They are closed on Mondays

MG1 08-22-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubl3_H (Post 8782300)
They are closed on Mondays

Damn, it............ maybe ghost rider works there tonight, hee hee, hue hue, pew pew.

egg on face

MG1 08-22-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 8782299)
None of the signs I see on google maps show any morning times (south side, eastbound). Only no stopping from 3-6pm.

Thanks............ that means just got to get there before everybody else, lol. Gotta beat those............ wait, I'm one of those (frugal asian).

604pt 08-22-2016 09:18 PM

they're closed every Monday except for the last Monday.

Not really racist! 08-22-2016 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8782069)
any of the younger folk check out Whambam? How was it?

Had free ticks so I went, I'd argue it would be worth $35 if I had paid mainly cause of Hedley

There were either families or teenagers, barely anyone in between really

Hedley was awesome live and they ended up chainsawing the piano they played on for some reason, the beginning was kinda random as they did a medley of random songs, crowd tripled in size when it started

Jason Derulo was okay, his first show so he just sang his platinum hits with dancers

Guthrie was decent, brought his two band members from soulDecision so half was dedicated to that and you could totally tell the age of the crowd since nobody knew the words when they played Faded

Mr.HappySilp 08-23-2016 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 8782147)
Went today, was quite slow considering it was opening weekend too. Did anyone try the deep fried coffee?

Went on Sunday. It was pretty quiet (around 2pm). Not much line up for shows, Angry bird etc etc etc. Superdog was awesome as usual.Games are fun but I feel the rides are a bit overprice. GF and I both paid $17 for entrance and at first we weren't planing on playing any rides. Later we wanted to play and it close $44 extra per person....... Way overprice. I don't think I will pay this much again next year.