REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Revscene Spotted (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscene-spotted_189/)
-   -   Need help with hit and run dash cam video. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/710176-need-help-hit-run-dash-cam-video.html)

46_valentinor 08-30-2016 09:29 PM

Need help with hit and run dash cam video.

My mom's friend was involved in a hit and run. We have everything captured but ICBC said they can't see the license plate so they won't be doing anymore investigation. Can anyone figure out who's car this belongs too or magically figure out at least part of the license plate?

Incident happens at the last 40 seconds of the clip.

inv4zn 08-30-2016 10:34 PM

lol, a silver CRV in Vancovuer? Good luck with that.

It's a hit&run so apart from the deductible, her premiums wouldn't go up, no?

And I guess if you were really inclined, you could camp out there and see if it frequents the area.

v_tec 08-31-2016 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46_valentinor (Post 8784508)
or magically figure out at least part of the license plate?

Found it. Pretty sure this is the licence plate:

Not sure how much the deductible is and how much you value your time. But if you're desperate, you can ask businesses in the surrounding area if they have any video coverage?

underscore 08-31-2016 07:42 AM

At least you have evidence of the HnR so if they try to make a claim with ICBC they should get caught. Go through the video frame by frame in VLC media player if you want to try to see part of the plate. Otherwise go to businesses in that area and see if you spot it again, or ask the businesses if they know whose it is (don't say they hit you though, make up some excuse for trying to find them that would be beneficial to the CRV driver, ie you saw it had a low tire or something).

6o4__boi 08-31-2016 07:53 AM

yeah tough...it's pretty much next to impossible to make it out at that angle

Side note, anyone affiliated with icbc know if the videos submitted by people on hit runs like this situation actually work?
Like, does ICBC cross reference a database whenever a car goes through for estimates in case it was involved in a hit and run?
I like to think they do but i have my doubts.

Alby 08-31-2016 04:31 PM

^ im going through the process myself with a HnR. my adjuster did say that they haven't gotten any claims/reports of the said vehicle that hit me. so based on that, i think they do cross references. luckily for me tho, my dashcam did catch the plate

kross9 08-31-2016 04:41 PM

I go down that road every day to get home down there and Kent Ave.

that exact spot and the 3 way further down i have almost been T-boned as well...

will keep my eyes open around that area for you!

Limitless 09-02-2016 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think this is the best angle of that clip... but it's pretty much impossible to make out the plate. All I can see is that the last digit/number is either a 0 or a C :/ Rain and dashcam quality makes it impossible to see. If you really wanted to you can send me the video and it might be more clear since youtube kills the quality a little bit when uploading, but it's a slim chance unfortunately.