REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:38 PM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I'm in kits and both bikes and cars try to time the lights while crossing major streets and blow their stop signs at high speed with complete disregard for everyone and everything.

Had I not been aware of the problem I likely would have been hit by bikers and cars as both a pedestrian and driver. It's that bad.

I've actually had both groups get angry with me for daring to cross an intersection with the assumption that they would slow down as they approached their stop sign.

Manc out
Advertisement
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #27
HELP ME PLS!!!

I was crossing, at a major intersction with lights at burrard and 1st .. I was 1/2 way across the crosswalk and a car blew past me on a red light, not slowing down or anything. if I didn't see it, and stop walking, I would've been on his windshield.

protip: don't be on your phone while crossing intersections.

kits sucks ass. even Richmond isn't that bad.

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:57 PM   #28
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
You take issues with Kits, you haven't been to downtown?

I was screamed at by some cyclists (always hardcore geared to the teeth guys) on multiple occasions for daring to complete my left turn to Alberni from Burrard. Guy screamed so loud you could hear it echo.

I'd have to say I don't have too much problem with cyclists. Douchebags on 4 wheels though? Every single fucking day. The vehicle you ride doesn't make you a douche. You're a douche because you're a douche.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2016, 06:33 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
I was driving in Kerrisdale. I think east blvd. A woman ran a 4 way stop when I was about to turn so I honked. I drove up next to her at the light and I opened my window and saw she had 2 kids in the back (they were behaving). I asked if she saw the 4 way stop and she said she saw it last min. I told her to be careful and reminded her to drive safe especially with the kids at the back. She thanked me and we went our separate ways.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:34 PM   #30
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
You take issues with Kits, you haven't been to downtown?

I was screamed at by some cyclists (always hardcore geared to the teeth guys) on multiple occasions for daring to complete my left turn to Alberni from Burrard. Guy screamed so loud you could hear it echo.

I'd have to say I don't have too much problem with cyclists. Douchebags on 4 wheels though? Every single fucking day. The vehicle you ride doesn't make you a douche. You're a douche because you're a douche.
too true. I was sitting on a park bench right off hornby and beach ave, watching that 4 way. I watched probably 50 cars in a row all roll through without making a complete stop. not a single one! and yet here we are complaining about bicycles
unit is offline   Reply With Quote