REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Traffic Violation (https://www.revscene.net/forums/710310-traffic-violation.html)

Recon604 09-10-2016 05:50 PM

Traffic Violation

This summer I pleaded guilty to excessive speeding. I noticed I can search myself from the "Court Services Online" with all other criminals on there.

Unfortunately, I am little worried that this might affect my future in looking for a job. Since maybe traffic violation is treated like a criminal record?

Pretty sure someone on here experienced this, did it affect your employment, or how do I get it removed?

sho_bc 09-10-2016 09:00 PM

1) It doesn't get removed.

2) You can search yourself on Court Services Online like all of the other criminals, people who have been charged under the Motor Vehicle Act (and I'm pretty sure all other Provincial/Federal Acts) and people who are involved in civil litigation. So lots of people who aren't criminals.

3) The only reason it should affect your employment is if you're required to provide a driver's abstract. It may be a factor in your employment depending on the job, the interviewer, your reasoning for going that speed if asked, etc etc etc

Recon604 09-10-2016 09:28 PM

lesson learned. I hope it doesn't stay on there for life =S

sho_bc 09-10-2016 09:29 PM

I have a traffic ticket that was dismissed from 10 years ago still showing.

zulutango 09-11-2016 05:16 AM

Is it showing up as a conviction...or as you having been charged? If it was dismissed then you might consider talking to somebody in the court system to get it removed.

sho_bc 09-11-2016 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 8787262)
Is it showing up as a conviction...or as you having been charged? If it was dismissed then you might consider talking to somebody in the court system to get it removed.

Mine shows as dismissed. Which is fine with me. Doesn't affect anything for me at all.

sebberry 09-11-2016 06:46 AM

You drove a little bit too fast and now you're lumped in there with all the drug dealers, rapists, wife beaters, bank robbers, tax cheats...

Don't you dare drive around listening to music from an mp3 player that's not securely bolted to the dash or you might end up on death row...

zulutango 09-11-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebberry (Post 8787266)
You drove a little bit too fast and now you're lumped in there with all the drug dealers, rapists, wife beaters, bank robbers, tax cheats...

Don't you dare drive around listening to music from an mp3 player that's not securely bolted to the dash or you might end up on death row...

Thus sayeth the King Of Hyperbole,,,,and it was good in his sight. :smug: