REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-12-2016, 03:50 PM   #26
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

How do you know if the cars are not declared stolen? Do the exporter keep VINS?
Advertisement
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:08 PM   #27
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Oh wow did I LOL when I saw this title. . .

This is a huge problem right now at Ford. Base EcoBoost Mustangs, base Ford Explorers, and F150's are the hot items. So the question why does the dealer care? Well they don't really care but Ford Canada cares and will fine the dealer the full price of the vehicle if they are caught making deals to known exporters. There is even a black-list for people who are known exporters who will never be able to buy another new Ford again. But they don't care they are already back in China.

Its not like these exporters are sneaky about they will order the same car from 6 separate dealers in the same name. Or they will walk in and say they want to buy a Mustang but if you give them a good deal they will buy 5. Like who does that? Haha. Now they are getting better so they will buy two mustangs then get their "friend" to come in and buy two and his friend and so on. We had a deal where a guy ordered so many Ford Explorers that he forgot how many he bought and forgot to pick up one of them. We called him and he was already back in China.
brrrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:43 PM   #28
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringTeg View Post
Calgary man finds toughest part of owning 2009 Ford F-150 truck is finding replacement part - Business - CBC News

How about a 9 year old F150

Makes you wonder how long manufactures supply parts for
From another thread but very fitting. At least if the part breaks on these imported trucks, they can buy new trucks or make the replacement part themselves.
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2016, 10:16 AM   #29
RS Lurker, I don't post!

They were buying Ford Explorers last year, September/October 2015, as they were in high demand.

Earlier this year it was base Mustangs (4 cyl)

Right now it's luxury F150's

The second vehicle in the picture grey F150 with sport wheels, looks like it has a tow hitch added to it, so I'm guessing that was a demo or even a used vehicle
OurManInVanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #30
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Joined 8 and a half years ago and this is your first post?
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2016, 11:02 AM   #31
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrz View Post
We had a deal where a guy ordered so many Ford Explorers that he forgot how many he bought and forgot to pick up one of them. We called him and he was already back in China.

so its already paid for?

can i have it?
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2016, 11:28 AM   #32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:

This is a huge problem right now at Ford. Base EcoBoost Mustangs, base Ford Explorers, and F150's are the hot items. So the question why does the dealer care? Well they don't really care but Ford Canada cares and will fine the dealer the full price of the vehicle if they are caught making deals to known exporters. There is even a black-list for people who are known exporters who will never be able to buy another new Ford again. But they don't care they are already back in China.

Its not like these exporters are sneaky about they will order the same car from 6 separate dealers in the same name. Or they will walk in and say they want to buy a Mustang but if you give them a good deal they will buy 5. Like who does that? Haha. Now they are getting better so they will buy two mustangs then get their "friend" to come in and buy two and his friend and so on. We had a deal where a guy ordered so many Ford Explorers that he forgot how many he bought and forgot to pick up one of them. We called him and he was already back in China.
I know an exporter for luxury vehicles, he did the same thing but with a fully loaded range rover. He had purchased so many vehicles he couldn't keep track. Hes banned from all BMW locations in the lower mainland he has now moved onto victoria. He was paying neighbors $500 for there driver license numbers to take to the dealerships for purchases.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2016, 11:34 AM   #33
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,291 Times in 2,507 Posts
Damn man... I need to get into this car exporter business...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:36 PM   #34
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
I know an exporter for luxury vehicles, he did the same thing but with a fully loaded range rover. He had purchased so many vehicles he couldn't keep track. Hes banned from all BMW locations in the lower mainland he has now moved onto victoria. He was paying neighbors $500 for there driver license numbers to take to the dealerships for purchases.
I am in Victoria. He can contact me if he needs me to buy some cars lol

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:53 PM   #35
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Damn man... I need to get into this car exporter business...
u dont need to be exporting cars to make money, anything u can get ur hands on that can be exported to china will make money. u just need to pay attention to the trend. a list of items from the past few years include:

cars
cherries and no blueberries
king crabs and geoducks, and now dungeness crabs
i think now maple syrup is starting to become a hit in china
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:03 PM   #36
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,291 Times in 2,507 Posts
LOL~

The difficult thing to pull off is of course the people network. Esp with doing business in China, who you know is 90% of the problem.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2016, 03:22 PM   #37
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:

It's almost like when the dollar was at par to the US some manufacturers in the US forbade their dealers from selling to us Canadians, except this sounds like it's on a much bigger scale.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:28 AM   #38
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I wonder what's an F450 platinum pickup worth in China? Gotta be huge since they won't fit in a container as the f450 are even wider than f350 dually.
marksport is offline   Reply With Quote