REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:51 PM   #51
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
Stop reproducing faster than vermins for one.
Advertisement

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 04:20 PM   #52
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Have you look at the process of how electric is produce VS regular car. The process to produce an electric vehicle could cause more pollution than a regular so you aren't doing the planet much for a favor. What about the charging stations do they need more pollution when building them VS gas station. How about when electric vehicle when they need their battery replace how's the recyeling process? Will the battery cause more harm?

I think these are all questions needs to be answer first before everyone said electric car are better for our planet and is clean energy.
Yeah this shit has been proven many times over a long time ago. You can google it up. It came down to the extreme effieciency and economy of scale of the way the grid generate and deliver power compare to the puny engine of an ICE car. Skinny actually posted it a few posts back. Batteries are always recycled.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 04:50 PM   #53
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
Natural gas may be clean burning when it gets to the end user but the top polluters in the province are gas plants that remove the nasties. Largest expense in most oil production facilities is clean burning natural gas. So we are using clean burning energy to extract dirty burning energy.

This is equivalent to making a car run on poo instead of apples. Rather than just run on apples humans have to eat the apples and digest them to poo, rather than just making the car run on apples in the first place.

2016 Prius now has 1500lb towing capacity
sdubfid is offline   Reply With Quote