REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   People whipping out their cameras and recording (https://www.revscene.net/forums/710463-people-whipping-out-their-cameras-recording.html)

NotRevSeen 09-26-2016 12:58 PM

People whipping out their cameras and recording

What a sad state of affairs we are as a society when most people's first reaction is to record someone or something instead of helping out or how about not being a social media camwhore. So many sheeples concerned about the possibility of their videos going viral if they're the first ones to get their TMZ-like videos uploaded to youtube. Gotta get those views and likes hurr durr.

The reason I'm bringing this issue to light is today I was at Tim Horton's getting a coffee. Like usual, its always busy in the morning at Timmy Ho's just a fucking gong show. Some turd decides its ok to cut in line in front of this elderly couple so I call him out and tell him to get in the back of the line or I'll report his ass to the manager. Insults are thrown back and forth and then he decides for no apparent reason to pull out his phone and start recording me. In the end douche stayed put like an ignorant jackass. Wasn't going to start a fist fight over it. Funny thing is I asked for the manager when it was my turn in line to order and he didn't give a flying fuck, guess too busy to care. Will be sending a complaint letter to the corporate head offices of Tim Horton's. This should be good ;)

Only saving grace is I paid for the couple's order. I swear to god everything's going to hell in a hand basket. I blame most of it on social media and the internet. I know phones have their uses but people are fucking zombies w/ pokermon go, instagram, twitter, tinder all this crap that's making society go down the gutter.

snails 09-26-2016 01:04 PM

People are cunts
/thread

But seriously, I honestly think people are useless. If I get the chance to help someone I am the person that actually will. People are on this earth for themselves and if they can do something that they think propels themselves forward they will do that before helping others. When I say people I mean the majority of course. I know there are lots of great people put there but there is an overwhelming amount of greed and self promotion. I can't speak if technology has anything to do with this but I wouldn't doubt it.

MarkyMark 09-26-2016 01:12 PM

People are pricks, I can't even back out of my fucking driveway (busy road) without someone speeding up to get on my ass to show what an inconvenience I've been to them. Its a me first attitude in this city, no one has any patience anymore.

GLOW 09-26-2016 01:23 PM

saw this on RS's home page and it displays the tread title as:
Quote:

People whipping out their...
:lol

cameras are good to track criminal activity later for evidence.

guy was probably thinking it'll scare you, or provoke you in to doing something silly or continue to hurl insults so he can go home and upload it with some caption to tell a different story.

i wouldn't expect much from corporate other than "sorry" or a random PR letter. i think action would be taken by corporate is if the cashier physically got in your face or something.

melloman 09-26-2016 01:26 PM

:lawl:

If you're figuring this out now, unfortunately you've been under a rock for quite some time. Courtesy, respect, and so many other wonderful personal traits are gone to the wind, and what has replaced it? Ignorance, arrogance, and self-righteousness.

The only people I like are old people these days. And by old I mean 70+, they are either very nice, or grumpy old people. (Two typical kinds of old people)

Spoiler!

GLOW 09-26-2016 01:28 PM

inb4 mello spotted playing chess at park royale

unit 09-26-2016 01:38 PM

https://qzprod.files.wordpress.com/2...713.jpg?w=2037

this shit is embarassing. people care more about their social media lives than what's going on in front of them.

GS8 09-26-2016 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 8790962)
this shit is embarassing. people care more about their social media lives than what's going on in front of them.

That's because social media is the modern day crack-cocaine of our society. Not only does it allow people to post a grand illusion of their otherwise broke-ass lives but it also allows people to be the narcissistic, self-centred, neurotic asses they've always wanted to be.

underscore 09-26-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 8790957)
Courtesy, respect, and so many other wonderful personal traits are gone to the wind, and what has replaced it? Ignorance, arrogance, and self-righteousness.

I call bullshit, they never existed in the first place. People have always been pricks, it's just more obvious now thanks to the internet.

MarkyMark 09-26-2016 01:55 PM

Its just big city living. The pricks far outweigh the nice people out here. If you go to a smaller town it seems to be the opposite.

Mr.HappySilp 09-26-2016 02:41 PM

I usually only mind my own business. I mean I love to help others but with the world so fuck up the other party you are arguing with could be some crazy bitch who decides to stab you or do some stupid shit to hospitalize you for the rest of your life.

Nlkko 09-26-2016 02:45 PM

You are blaming the tools. Try blaming the people. Social media or internet are just tools. Some use it appropriately. Some don't. A cunt without his/her smartphone is still a cunt. Social media didn't change that.

radioman 09-26-2016 02:52 PM

The other night there were 3 cop cars outside my apartment building for some reason. Went down to gym and the cops were talking to a young couple and I overheard something about "missing mother" and asking her if she could be anywhere else etc.

A few minutes later I see them outside without the cops and were talking selfies with the cop cars in the backgrounnd. Probably posting it on wechat. It was a :facepalm: moment.

Verdasco 09-26-2016 02:53 PM

I gave up on people, a lot of people in this world are cunts, absolutely cunts.

Armind 09-26-2016 03:26 PM

...and this is why I keep my life offline. I post one pic on IG per a month and it's generic artistic shit.

If it's not online, it didn't happened for some.

carisear 09-26-2016 03:36 PM

:worthless:

Shades 09-26-2016 05:15 PM

Not to derail this thread but what does one without a dash cam do as a victim of road rage?

GLOW 09-26-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verdasco (Post 8790993)
I gave up on people, a lot of people in this world are cunts, absolutely cunts.

urrh 09-26-2016 05:46 PM

a good way to get people to stop reading a rant is to use "sheeple"
i know i did

Djiban 09-26-2016 10:04 PM

If I were you, I would just pretend nothing happened when he pulled out his camera and started recording, not even eye contact just completely ignore his existence. That would make him look like a retard in the clip.

twitchyzero 09-26-2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8790989)
You are blaming the tools. Try blaming the people. Social media or internet are just tools. Some use it appropriately. Some don't. A cunt without his/her smartphone is still a cunt. Social media didn't change that.

it's certainly an enabling factor

our mobile devices allow us to connect to so many things simultaneously. There's literally endless amount of distractions. It can encourage compulsive behaviour.

just another day a colleague brought up a point I never thought of...it allows people these days to be unreliable/flaky as fuck.

Back in the day when you made a plan you stuck to it. You met up at x location at specific time.

now it's common just to shoot a text "running late" etc

mr_chin 09-26-2016 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotRevSeen (Post 8790949)
What a sad state of affairs we are as a society when most people's first reaction is to record someone or something instead of helping out or how about not being a social media camwhore. So many sheeples concerned about the possibility of their videos going viral if they're the first ones to get their TMZ-like videos uploaded to youtube. Gotta get those views and likes hurr durr.

The reason I'm bringing this issue to light is today I was at Tim Horton's getting a coffee. Like usual, its always busy in the morning at Timmy Ho's just a fucking gong show. Some turd decides its ok to cut in line in front of this elderly couple so I call him out and tell him to get in the back of the line or I'll report his ass to the manager. Insults are thrown back and forth and then he decides for no apparent reason to pull out his phone and start recording me. In the end douche stayed put like an ignorant jackass. Wasn't going to start a fist fight over it. Funny thing is I asked for the manager when it was my turn in line to order and he didn't give a flying fuck, guess too busy to care. Will be sending a complaint letter to the corporate head offices of Tim Horton's. This should be good ;)

Only saving grace is I paid for the couple's order. I swear to god everything's going to hell in a hand basket. I blame most of it on social media and the internet. I know phones have their uses but people are fucking zombies w/ pokermon go, instagram, twitter, tinder all this crap that's making society go down the gutter.

I think you're making a small problem into a big one, hence why nobody there gave a rats ass.

It's early in the morning, people just wanna get their coffee and GTFO, not go over some drama with some dude who wants to get his coffee first.

I live by a principle where, if I don't have an immediate solution to a problem on the spot, I usually don't approach to solve it. As for you, chances are, the guy who budged in line won't give up since his intention is to get his coffee/food first. You will only win your/the elderly's dignity and pride back, but you won't solve the problem at hand. Instead, you'll possibly cause more problem than there already is, by holding up the line or whatever.

You just have to understand that, there is always a balance in life. Where a person gain advantage, he will lose some elsewhere in his life. Another way to look at it is, karma. Because he rushed and got his coffee, he could probably get hit by a bus when he's in a hurry to cross the street or whatever. Just an example. Obviously he's not gonna get hit by a bus, it's just an example. But somewhere down the road, something will happen to him because he chose to budge in line because he altered the time and event in his life.

Just something I thought I'd share because from past experiences, anyone who has done something intentionally to me, has gotten what they deserve, as far as I heard from people gossiping or a friend would tell me.

AzNightmare 09-27-2016 12:33 AM

I'm glad you helped out the elderly couple. But I don't understand your post about the issue with people whipping out their phones to record.

In this day and age, everyone has a "camera" in their pocket/purse to record for evidence. Not everyone is necessarily there to make viral videos. In the douchebag's POV, had you assaulted him, you would have been in the wrong and he would have had evidence.

FerrariEnzo 09-27-2016 03:05 AM

So he recorded himself being a prick and going to post it online... :awwyeah:

Just gotta remember when people pull out there phones to record, gotta say what they were doing wrong many times, so its all recorded... otherwise people wont know wtf they are watching...

flagella 09-27-2016 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8790967)
I call bullshit, they never existed in the first place. People have always been pricks, it's just more obvious now thanks to the internet.

Have you been outside of Canada?