REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 10-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Due diligence? It's their OBLIGATION lol.

They guessed its the battery without any solid testing, all they had in mind was get this phone back on the market ASAP to minimize $ losses. To this day Samsung engineers still don't know the cause.
That's business bucko. They tried to assess the issue ASAP and limit the amount of money it was going to cost in the process. They thought they knew what the problem was and got it wrong. They gambled and lost big.

To assume their future phones are all tainted and going to explode is stupid. If you don't like their business practices great, don't buy one.
Advertisement
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:00 AM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
That's business bucko. They tried to assess the issue ASAP and limit the amount of money it was going to cost in the process. They thought they knew what the problem was and got it wrong. They gambled and lost big.

To assume their future phones are all tainted and going to explode is stupid. If you don't like their business practices great, don't buy one.
The wise words of MarkyMark; business is gambling.

Their engineers couldn't figure out the problem and still can't -- their incompetent leadership forced their engineers to communicate offline to attempt to resolve the issue

Nobody here has said anything about their future phones exploding, but I wouldn't put it past them to continue having shitty QA practices.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:10 AM   #28

Quote:
The wise words of MarkyMark; business is gambling.

Their engineers couldn't figure out the problem and still can't -- their incompetent leadership forced their engineers to communicate offline to attempt to resolve the issue

Nobody here has said anything about their future phones exploding, but I wouldn't put it past them to continue having shitty QA practices.
Business is trying to minimize your losses. How many phones have "exploded"? A hundred or so out of millions sold. The problem is so few and far between that they can't replicate the problem in house to find out what's going on. They've said that they are going to find out and let everyone know once they do. If that's not enough for you then move on, the rest of us would like to talk about the S8 because it's probably going to be an excellent phone.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2016, 10:34 AM   #29

Quote:
Business is trying to minimize your losses. How many phones have "exploded"? A hundred or so out of millions sold. The problem is so few and far between that they can't replicate the problem in house to find out what's going on. They've said that they are going to find out and let everyone know once they do. If that's not enough for you then move on, the rest of us would like to talk about the S8 because it's probably going to be an excellent phone.
They failed, losses have increased with a second recall.

Enough have exploded to end the product. Which is not far and between.

My original post was about the S8 -- a question to future Samsung customers. You obviously have a lot of brand loyalty to Samsung lol.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:02 AM   #30

Quote:
They failed, losses have increased with a second recall.

Enough have exploded to end the product. Which is not far and between.

My original post was about the S8 -- a question to future Samsung customers. You obviously have a lot of brand loyalty to Samsung lol.
I don't have brand loyalty to anybody. I've had two iPhones, a few Sony's, one Samsung and an LG.

I've already said Samsung messed up, they've admitted it, so what do you want? A lot of people are going to continue to buy Samsung phones after this because they like them. What matters most is how they come back from this.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2016, 12:17 PM   #31
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Toyota sudden acceleration...you know how many people still buy Toyotas?

Yeah. Exactly.

If the S8 has similar specs to the Note7 (minus the boom boom), then I'll get one.

And before you question brand loyalty I've had iphones and my last Samsung phone was a Note 2. To question the entire brand because of the Note7 shitshow is asinine.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:34 PM   #32
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Samsung is just going to release a new S8 to replace the Note line with and most people are going to forget about it.

It'll probably end up looking like this - S8, S8 Edge, S8 Pen (Note)

Next year is going to be rough for Samsung though. The iPhone 8 is rumoured to be a beast next year since it's the phone's 10th year anniversary.

Once the S8 comes out, you'll be able to judge whether or not the Note 8 is going to be good since the Note 8 is just going to be a larger S8 with the S-Pen.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:53 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Toyota sudden acceleration...you know how many people still buy Toyotas?

Yeah. Exactly.

If the S8 has similar specs to the Note7 (minus the boom boom), then I'll get one.

And before you question brand loyalty I've had iphones and my last Samsung phone was a Note 2. To question the entire brand because of the Note7 shitshow is asinine.
Apples to oranges but sure lets have a go at comparing automobile recalls to mobile phones.

Keep in mind I am unaware of any automobile company committing the cardinal sin of crisis management by claiming a problem was fixed when it fact it wasn’t. That would probably destroy any auto company.

Recalls in the automobile industry are common -- anyone in this forum unless delusional can attest to that.

Mobile phone recalls are extremely rare

Driving is dangerous, using a mobile is not which is why the slightest of mechanical defects in a vehicle can trigger a recall. Anyways the point is that comparing auto recalls to this is stupid.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:44 PM   #34
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
come on guys... keep on topic.. if you want to discuss something thats not relevant to the S8, make a new thread
Old 10-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #35
I STILL don't get it

^I agree , this thread was about the Galaxy S8. Anyone with an axe to grind should open up their own thread and go nuts.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:14 PM   #36
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
u kno the weather is getting shittier when threads become pissing contests
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2016, 09:12 AM   #37

WOW.. very interesting.. I hope these features get put into the S8..

Samsung patents fingerprint scanner with swipe functionality

Samsung Display betting on virtual reality panels
Old 10-30-2016, 01:22 PM   #38
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
so do you guys think the S8 will be priced lower than the regular price for galaxy S-series? (to win back customers)
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:30 PM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
no clue. i just want an all black galaxy note style phone with a snapdragon 821 chip. HURRY UP SAMSUNG! im getting impatient.. lol
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #40

Samsung has reportedly enlarged the Galaxy S8′s display to attract former Galaxy Note 7 owners

"It’s believed that the handset will be launched in two models — one with a 5.7-inch and the other with a 6.2-inch panel — when it hits the shelves in H1 of 2017."

Wow.. If the 6.2" is a non edge, I would get it.. After using the s7 Edge.. I would not use another Edge phone.. the idea is great and neat.. but GOOD cases and screen protector are a pain to find...
Old 11-09-2016, 06:57 AM   #41
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Let's not forget a few models of their washing machine have been recall as well. So that doesn't really put them in a good position.

Will I ever buy samsung phone again? Depends on the price. i mean I was going to upgrade to S7 but seeing how much I sitll have to pay after singing for a 2 year contract and with the $250 credit. Is just not worth it. If they really want to make it big the S8 it needs to have killer spec and also a great price point to get people buying their phones again.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:13 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
Samsung has reportedly enlarged the Galaxy S8′s display to attract former Galaxy Note 7 owners

"It’s believed that the handset will be launched in two models — one with a 5.7-inch and the other with a 6.2-inch panel — when it hits the shelves in H1 of 2017."

Wow.. If the 6.2" is a non edge, I would get it.. After using the s7 Edge.. I would not use another Edge phone.. the idea is great and neat.. but GOOD cases and screen protector are a pain to find...
both models are going to be edge phones. sigh.. at this point i just hope they're going to be nice subtle edges like on the note 7.

Samsung is reportedly doing away with flat screens on its upcoming flagships | MobileSyrup.com
Old 11-10-2016, 07:35 AM   #43

Chances are if they actually make a 6.2" option it will have an edge similar to the note.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #44

meh.. if they dnt come out with a flat version, I will just go with another brand.. no biggie... I dnt really find the Edge that useful anyways...
Old 11-10-2016, 11:37 AM   #45

They probably looked at the sales and figured the flat version isn't worth it anymore.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:04 AM   #46

Quote:
The 3.5mm headphone jack has already disappeared from a number of high-end smartphones this year, and it appears that Samsung could be the next manufacturer to follow suit. According to SamMobile’s sources, the Galaxy S8 will not only feature a USB Type-C port for data, just like the Galaxy Note 7, but will also use it exclusively for audio too.
Galaxy S8 tipped for a QHD display and no 3.5mm audio jack

GG.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:18 AM   #47
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gucci Mane View Post
Well if that's true then I will stick to brands who still have the headphone jack such as 1+. I have several headphones that I like to use depending on where/what I am doing and having 3.5mm jack is so much easier.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:48 AM   #48

This is the most courageous thing I've heard in awhile.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #49

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
been a samsung s5 fan forever and been using it for 2 years

will gladly skip the s8 and not buy any future samsung products with the note being banned by the federal government

lost my loyalty

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2016, 09:04 AM   #50
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
ive been using wireless ear buds for when i workout, other than that i still prefer my wired ones, the sound is better and i've only got to worry about the batter life of my phone
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote