REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 10-07-2016, 08:27 AM   #1
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Samsung Galaxy S8

Lets start the official thread

Here come the Galaxy S8 rumors: no physical button, “full screen” display, and dual camera

So apparently, the new S line will have the removed physical home button and will have a near edge to edge including top and bottom bezels with the fingerprint reader under the front glass... That would be interesting

Dual Camera is ok.. i guess.. right now its more a gimmicky trick, I dont find it really impressive at the moment...
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2016, 08:50 AM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Looking forward to seeing how this phone turns out. I hope they ditch the home button at least.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 05:22 PM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
haven't had phones with front buttons for half a decade now..i prefer the minimalistic clean looks.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:18 PM   #4
Got MOD?

i actually don't mind the home or capacitive buttons. It makes for a bigger display area without the on screen buttons.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:43 PM   #5

The screen to to size ration on the Samsung phones have been pretty good... home button is close to the bottom. earpiece, camera and sensors are all close to the top...

If Samsung makes the top and bottom of S8 with and edge, I think that would just be award to hold... lol
Old 10-08-2016, 06:48 PM   #6
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
itd be cool if it used this sharp screen

StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2016, 09:08 PM   #7
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
Sharp's Corner R (Round) is probably the coolest concept right now. I wonder where they will locate the camera. I heard LG has developed transparent OLED, could have hidden camera and sensors under the LED pretty soon.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:11 PM   #8

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
I dont know man note 7 is already cause so much trouble, hope they be more careful with the s8

I do love the sharp r, i would totally own one

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
Sharp's Corner R (Round) is probably the coolest concept right now. I wonder where they will locate the camera. I heard LG has developed transparent OLED, could have hidden camera and sensors under the LED pretty soon.
All the sensors, lights and camera were located on the botton on the first version, I would say it would be on the botton on their second attempt, first one didnt sell too well...
Old 10-10-2016, 05:21 AM   #10
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
I dont know man note 7 is already cause so much trouble, hope they be more careful with the s8
I would like assume Samsung knows they cant screw up again like this. People/media are saying the Note brand now has a stigma associated with it and in the eyes of most average consumers the Note name has been damaged beyond repair. They surely wouldn't want their Galaxy line to be associated with that as it is their main sales generator in the premium handset market. With all that being said I will most likely purchase or at least consider a Galaxy S8 when it releases, I am eager to see if they implement a bezel less design.

Last edited by djstyles; 10-10-2016 at 05:27 AM.
djstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:27 AM   #11

If Samsung can make a true Full Screen top to botton, it would be amazing....
But their signature style would be gone... going to onscreen buttons and so on... No Samsung on the front...

Though the Edge is neat.. I would prolly not buy another Edge variant... nice cases are hard to find... i.e. Rhinoshield

Old 10-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #12
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Apple just patented a tech that allows the screen to be used as a finger print sensor. I wounder if Samsung has similar tech.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:56 AM   #13

Xiaomi should have patented it... they came out with it already...
Old 10-13-2016, 08:07 AM   #14

LG is also coming out with a fingerprint sensor under the screen, so that seems to be the way most companies are going now.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:06 AM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

Why would anyone buy another Samsung phone? You're looking at a company who committed the cardinal sin of crisis management by claiming the problem was fixed when it fact it wasn’t. Not just any problem, a problem that risked user safety.

This is a legit question putting aside any incentives they might offer.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:02 AM   #16

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
^ That, and the average consumer doesn't know/care that it's just the Note 7 that is the problem phone.

They just hear 'Samsung' and associate that with phones that catch fire, etc.

Gonna be a rough go for Samsung this next while.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Why would anyone buy another Samsung phone? You're looking at a company who committed the cardinal sin of crisis management by claiming the problem was fixed when it fact it wasn’t. Not just any problem, a problem that risked user safety.

This is a legit question putting aside any incentives they might offer.
So, cars should be worse but people still buy and drive cars even though they had issues LEADING to deaths
Old 10-13-2016, 03:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
So, cars should be worse but people still buy and drive cars even though they had issues LEADING to deaths
Name me one auto company who has recalled a defective vehicle and then re-released the same vehicle with the same defects.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:51 PM   #19
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Name me one auto company who has recalled a defective vehicle and then re-released the same vehicle with the same defects.
You're correct, I can't think of any car manufacturer who did that. Most of them just deny there is any issue until they are forced to do a major recallor just pay people off after getting sued in court.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:56 PM   #20
HELP ME PLS!!!

Am I missing something here, was there a recall, no design change, then release?

As in, it was documented that they continued to supply replacement phones with the same defective battery.

Not the same, but the cardinal sin in business ethics is to assign a dollar value to a human life.

Ford Pinto. Though, they didn't recall and release the same defect.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:41 AM   #21
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
You know what's funny, in parts of Asia, they are having a few minor issues. With that many refunds, they are told to fork out the money first to the client.

Small medium business just doesn't have the cash to fork out $1000 per phone to end users. The turn around time for them is going to be a bitch
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:42 AM   #22

Quote:
Well.. I really dont want to get off-topic nor is it a fight club thread... so lets just drop it and get back to the original.... if you dnt like samsung phones, great, dnt buy.. no need to start nonsense...
Old 10-14-2016, 08:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
Am I missing something here, was there a recall, no design change, then release?

As in, it was documented that they continued to supply replacement phones with the same defective battery.

Not the same, but the cardinal sin in business ethics is to assign a dollar value to a human life.

Ford Pinto. Though, they didn't recall and release the same defect.
Basically they rushed the recall and determined it was their batteries that were defective, so they got the batteries from a different company and sent those out as replacements. Turns out it's not actually the batteries itself that's causing them to burn up but another unknown issue. So while they didn't do their due diligence to fix it properly, they didn't just send out the exact same phones as some big ruse.

Don't get me started on car manufacturers. A lot of the time they won't even admit there's a problem until enough people get together to form a class action lawsuit that gets enough exposure where they think it'll hurt their sales.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:17 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Basically they rushed the recall and determined it was their batteries that were defective, so they got the batteries from a different company and sent those out as replacements. Turns out it's not actually the batteries itself that's causing them to burn up but another unknown issue. So while they didn't do their due diligence to fix it properly, they didn't just send out the exact same phones as some big ruse.

Don't get me started on car manufacturers. A lot of the time they won't even admit there's a problem until enough people get together to form a class action lawsuit that gets enough exposure where they think it'll hurt their sales.
Due diligence? It's their OBLIGATION lol.

They guessed its the battery without any solid testing, all they had in mind was get this phone back on the market ASAP to minimize $ losses. To this day Samsung engineers still don't know the cause.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:42 AM   #25
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,455 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowered_Klass View Post
^ That, and the average consumer doesn't know/care that it's just the Note 7 that is the problem phone.

They just hear 'Samsung' and associate that with phones that catch fire, etc.

Gonna be a rough go for Samsung this next while.
people have short memories
unit is offline   Reply With Quote