REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Throwing dog poop in someone else's dumpster

Been doing this for forever, and i've been dumping my dog's bagged crap on this dumpster for a couple of years now as its on my walking route.

Anyway, some old coot on a corner unit of the building who I guess owns the dumpster basically told me to stop doing this yesterday. Told him it's none of his concern cus i'm doing nothing wrong. He said something along the lines of "we'll see about that" which i took as a threat. Kinda annoyed me cus:

a) it's not a big deal
b) you should be fucking thankful i pick up my dog's shit and throw it in an actual dumpster/trash container
c) your dumpster is unlocked with the lid propped open in an alley with no other impediments to it

for reference, my building's dumpster is behind lock and key and tucked away behind a gate.

Am I in the wrong here? I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who passes by that dumpster and throws their dog shit there.
Advertisement
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2016, 10:39 AM   #2
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,760 Times in 902 Posts
I always bring the crap home to dump in my own bin. Sure, I think in the grand scheme of things it isn't a big deal but what I think is not a big deal doesn't mean someone else feels the same way. I know for a fact lots of people don't like it and I respect their thoughts on it, plus it ain't my garbage can so I have no right to use it. I don't buy the whole their garbage can is sitting out in the lane unlocked so it's open season for me to throw shit in. Heck their lid was probably propped open because some other idiot came by and dumped shit in there then left the lid open.

Plus where do we draw the line? So crap is ok but what if I came over with a whole bag of garbage? What about a large bag of dog crap I've accumulated for a week?

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2016, 10:46 AM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
You are technically in the wrong because that dumpster belongs to another strata corporation.

In the past, it probably wouldn't have been a big deal because Metro Vancouver didn't have stringent guidelines on waste. You are throwing dog shit into a garbage bin which is still allowed in Metro, but what if you were throwing something like food waste that is now illegal? That strata corporation would have to pay fines for behaviour from someone else who does not live on he property.

They should lock the bin to be safe, but I can understand why that old coot gave you a hard time.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2016, 10:52 AM   #4
NNT
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Then Strata should lock it and don't leave it outside where public have access to it. my building's garbage bin are be hide locked door, it got pull outside the morning just before the truck come pick it up and got pull it back into the building before noon.
NNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:53 AM   #5
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
I wouldn't care and I would still do it, if they were that concerned they should lock it up. At least you are being a responsible dog owner and cleaning up after him.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:08 PM   #6

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
b) you should be fucking thankful i pick up my dog's shit and throw it in an actual dumpster/trash container
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
At least you are being a responsible dog owner and cleaning up after him.
I'm sorry?

Picking up after your animal is not "being responsible". It is being a law abiding citizen, a quick search shows that: burnaby, nvan, west van, vancouver, richmond and coquitlam, all have municipal bylaws in place that involve a fine for not picking up after your pets.

Like someone else said, you are definitely in the wrong, regardless of if it is a minor issue, someone obviously cared enough to say something to you, so just respect their wishes and don't throw your crap in there.

We had an issue with one of our properties trash bin being used by neighboring restaurants for all their garbage, and it started to cost a lot because we had to pay for more frequent pickups. It was a hassle to lock the bin because then I have to give all the tenants keys, and make sure they always lock it after they are done (which we do now). But it would be a non-issue if the world was a respectful place and people didn't just dump their crap wherever they feel entitled to.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:16 PM   #7

You'd be surprised how many people don't pick up after their pets. We've had an outburst of it over the summer...it's goddamned impossible to enforce.

Just pointing it out that I could easily be one of those. I could also be one of the assholes who bag it and then throw it where they see fit. But nope, if i see an open dumpster on a residential alley. I'm tossing it in there. If its closed, i'm holding onto it til i get home.

It's that simple. We're not talking about me going out of my way to abuse a situation. I'm not gonna take my home's trash and my furnitures to that dumpster. I'm talking about an open dumpster on my dog walking route. You'd be hard-pressed to find people who WOULDN'T do the same thing.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2016, 12:17 PM   #8
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
i swear RS is cutting off titles to create them as click bait

Quote:
"Throwing dog poop in someone..."
i was expecting this

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2016, 12:18 PM   #9
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
For a different viewpoint...

My neighbor leaves the garbage bins at the end of his driveway every day, I have called and complained to the city many many times, yet he still does it. So everyone that passes by throws their dog shit bags into his garbage. In the summer the odour is absolutely unbearable.

Well, instead of putting the bins at the side of his house like he is suppose to, he will dump his garbage on the ground and leave it (yes, in the middle of the street/sidewalk) so the shit bags sit all over. Yes I have complained to the city about these actions too.

So I am an innocent bystander in this. They are not my bins nor do I own a dog. But I have to deal with these shit sacks being tossed around my car and my girlfriends car.

Throw the bags away in a city owned trash can (which line most parks and paths) or take it home. You do not have the right to use other people's garbage receptacles, even if they are being total WANKERS about it
Old 10-31-2016, 12:34 PM   #10

alright, before this turns into a moral high ground argument

i'm genuinely curious as to what the exact wording is of the bylaw that governs this.
quick google search is yielding nothing for me

edit:

for reference this is the alley and dumpster in question
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alley.jpg (56.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by 6o4__boi; 10-31-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:13 PM   #11
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
If someone asked you not to throw crap into their garbage, you shouldn't throw crap into their garbage..

edit: this has nothing to do with moral high ground.. you don't own the garbage, it's not a city garbage. The owners of the garbage asked you not to do it. don't do it.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:25 PM   #12
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
i probably would have done the same thing too, but if the owners asked me to stop, i'd stop and throw it elsewhere.

also you're right that a lot of people don't pick up after their dogs, but to argue with someone and say they should be thankful that you do it at all is just silly.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2016, 01:33 PM   #13

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
Quote:

i'm genuinely curious as to what the exact wording is of the bylaw that governs this.

edit:

It looks like that dumpster is on private land. If there's no city bylaws on the closure of private garbage bins, then as long as the dumpster is on private land, they can leave it in whatever state they want.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:43 PM   #14
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,214 Posts
3/10 thread - would not read again.

Thread title would be more interesting if it started with "taking a poop in someone else's dumpster"

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:46 PM   #15

I guess i could've gone with

"Throwing my shit in someone else's dumpster."

But that would just trigger RS.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:51 PM   #16
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,725 Times in 950 Posts
How would you like if if i took a dump in your garbage bin, op?
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-31-2016, 01:52 PM   #17
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Take your shit somewhere else.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:57 PM   #18
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
3/10 thread - would not read again.

Thread title would be more interesting if it started with "taking a poop in someone else's dumpster"
wait wait wait...or "Taking a dump in someone else's poopster"

It's Monday

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
How would you like if if i took a dump in your garbage bin, op?
I'm cool with it
Only if you give me consent to post the vid after
Old 10-31-2016, 02:39 PM   #20

Quote:

edit:

I don't understand the question. There are no bylaws which govern this, that is a private dumpster located on private property. Although it is not securely located on their property, it is still their property.

The strata of that building rents that dumpster from WM or whoever their provider is, and pays to have it emptied a number of times every week.

Just because the bin is open and readily accessible, this doesn't give you any right to put stuff in it. The same as if you were to walk up my drive way and throw your shit in my garbage can located under my car port.

Quote:
You'd be hard-pressed to find people who WOULDN'T do the same thing.
I don't disagree, there are a lot of inconsiderate assholes everywhere, in this instance i'd implore you not to be one of them. Someone has asked you not to do something related to their private property, I'd respect their wishes regardless of if you think they are ridiculous or not.

Like you say, it's not hard for you to hold onto the bag until you get home.

Last edited by meme405; 10-31-2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
The same as if you were to walk up my drive way and throw your shit in my garbage can located under my car port.
Not really, that'd be trespassing. Like I said, I wouldn't go out of my way to open the dumpster if it's closed. And I definitely wouldn't step into someone's property to throw something.

But all fair points about it being someone else's garbage.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:42 PM   #22
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Who gives a shit?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2016, 03:54 PM   #23
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,214 Posts
Since they asked you to stop i'd comply, but people making it seem like you're doing some horrible act by tossing a tiny bag of shit in an open dumpster as you walk by need to relax. It's not like you walked into their complex, seeked out their dumpster and used it, it's literally something you can walk by and toss it in without skipping a beat.

Like I said since they asked you not to I'd stop doing it, but perhaps they should take some initiative and at least close that damn lid, I'm sure that would help keep smell down in the summer too.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2016, 04:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Since they asked you to stop i'd comply, but people making it seem like you're doing some horrible act by tossing a tiny bag of shit in an open dumpster as you walk by need to relax. It's not like you walked into their complex, seeked out their dumpster and used it, it's literally something you can walk by and toss it in without skipping a beat.

Like I said since they asked you not to I'd stop doing it, but perhaps they should take some initiative and at least close that damn lid, I'm sure that would help keep smell down in the summer too.
It's not a horrible act, but its also such a minor thing, that once requested why the hell wouldn't you just stop?

There is actually a sign on the bin that tells the people who use them to always lower the lid to keep out animals, and for safety so it doesn't fall on a child or something. But just like OP doesn't follow the rules about dumping on other people's property, people in that strata obviously aren't following their rules and putting down the lid after they load their garbage.

If everyone just followed the little rules, the world would be a better place...

This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2016, 04:22 PM   #25
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Such an exploding thread, for such a simple matter.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: