REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech

Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech This forum is brought to you by The Speed Syndicate (TSS) in Burnaby.
Discussion of maintaining your engine, transmission, differentails, rear ends, and mods associated with "driveline" parts..

Old 10-31-2016, 09:12 PM   #1
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

where to get head machined...d16y8

Commuter honda civic with 280k, stock engine.

Had a blown headgasket, I replaced it and still losing coolant. Compression test still decent at 180-180-190-190 but did a block test today and fluid went from blue to yellow which indicates exhaust gases in the coolant.

So either I installed the gasket incorrectly or my head was warped. I used a level to check when I had it off but it's not a precision piece.

So...any recommendations on where to get the head machined flat if it is warped after I pull it off again?

Thanks
Advertisement
Lyzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:47 AM   #2
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Could even be a cracked head. Make sure you get the shop to inspect it also, not just a resurface.
Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #3
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

First login in a few years. What's up?

Wait what?
TeamMootRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: