REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Which Honda dealership to get TSBs done?

Hey guys, looking to get two things taken care of with my Element that I never knew Honda had TSBs for, as I'm experiencing the exact issues that are being described in these two TSBs.

I'm sure there's at least one service advisor/tech for a local Honda dealership on here who can taken good care of me?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back

Last edited by Akinari; 11-10-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-11-2016, 03:26 PM   #2
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I've always had good service with my Honda warranty in the Abbotsford Automall (forget the exact name of that particular dealership)
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:40 PM   #3
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Due to proximity with work I go to westwood honda, always have a good experience there but there quite busy usually.
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:00 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,104 Times in 974 Posts
Had a TSB taken care of by Middlegate Honda a few years back. Was denied the same TSB by Surrey Honda.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:34 PM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 2,115 Times in 422 Posts
Despite buying the car (05 Civic) from Westwood Honda in Port Moody, when the whole Takata airbag thing broke out - they gave us a bit of a hassle. They did not even call us to bring it in for the TSB! (BUT OH when we were due for an oil change we got mail, phone calls and voice msgs...) and when my grandma showed up to have it fixed (it was her car) they 'hummmed' and 'hawwed' at her... Eventually taking it in when she remained persistent.

and you know what, while we're on the subject of Westwood Honda (Lol) my girlfriend was ready to buy a Civic Coupe a few months ago - and the Sales rep she was with told her "The coupe is not avaliable till 2018 etc.. we should check out a Sedan instead!" as that is clearly all they had in stock...
Meanwhile on our way to Pizza Garden Downtown that same night we passed Burnaby Honda and they had a fleet of coupes outside. Fuck even the website was advertising the coupe LOL.

..But Ronald Type-R is workin there now... and never had issues with their parts dept.

2000 Honda Civic SiR Vogue Silver Metallic [EM1]
2001 Infiniti QX4 Tuscan Beige Metallic[R50]
Scoots
01' Honda Dio 50cc [AF27]

01' Honda Dio 72cc Big Bore [AF27]
89' Honda Elite R 49cc [SE50]
TopsyCrett is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2016, 04:48 PM   #6
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

If I recall correctly I think they mail out a letter to the registered owner of the recalled vehicle and advise them to bring it it? Also there was a long delay for the fixed airbag from takata
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:58 PM   #7

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopsyCrett View Post
while we're on the subject of Westwood Honda (Lol) my girlfriend was ready to buy a Civic Coupe a few months ago - and the Sales rep she was with told her "The coupe is not avaliable till 2018 etc.. we should check out a Sedan instead!" as that is clearly all they had in stock...
Meanwhile on our way to Pizza Garden Downtown that same night we passed Burnaby Honda and they had a fleet of coupes outside. Fuck even the website was advertising the coupe LOL.
Technically he didn't lie to you. They (that dealer) were out of stock and he tried to sell a sedan to you. Could he have dealer traded one for you? Yes. But the thing about year end inventory is that nobody wants to trade if it's limited stock. So that's likely what transpired.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 05:03 PM   #8
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Any Honda dealer can do TSB's, Just find the closest one.
Not a big deal, Hondas are everywhere
Urrtoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 05:31 PM   #9
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Just an FYI, TSBs are not usually covered by warranty unless otherwise stated so if you were looking to get the issue taken care of for no charge, you'd be wasting your time unless you can actually confirm it is covered by some sort of warranty extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2016, 07:01 PM   #10

^ That, they're just covered under the typical 3yr/60k warranty or the 5yr/100k drivetrain warranty. They do extend warranty for some issues, but only if stated so.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:18 PM   #11
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 2,115 Times in 422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Technically he didn't lie to you. They (that dealer) were out of stock and he tried to sell a sedan to you. Could he have dealer traded one for you? Yes. But the thing about year end inventory is that nobody wants to trade if it's limited stock. So that's likely what transpired.
I think you misunderstood... He said that there will not be a Honda Civic Coupe Model until 2018. That is a lie. There is a 2016 coupe model. What he should of said, is that We (The dealer) are currently out of stock. Not 'Honda did not design a coupe for 2016... so here are some nice sedans yall should buy'

2000 Honda Civic SiR Vogue Silver Metallic [EM1]
2001 Infiniti QX4 Tuscan Beige Metallic[R50]
Scoots
01' Honda Dio 50cc [AF27]

01' Honda Dio 72cc Big Bore [AF27]
89' Honda Elite R 49cc [SE50]
TopsyCrett is offline   Reply With Quote