REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 11-25-2016, 03:17 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

reformat lenovo ideapad y550

is it posible to reformant it on a lenovo laptop. its run on linux or ubutu something. bought this at free geek. can't remember what they told me. but i do have a windows 7 cd and windows 10 cd
Advertisement
nigguh_frost69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 03:33 PM   #2
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Yes As long as your Windows 7 or Windows 10 CD have their own keys then it is fine. The key that comes with Thinkpad often needs Lenovo's own CDs.

Just download the drivers from Lenovo website on a USB stick.. then install time after you install the Windows you should be golden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigguh_frost69 View Post
is it posible to reformant it on a lenovo laptop. its run on linux or ubutu something. bought this at free geek. can't remember what they told me. but i do have a windows 7 cd and windows 10 cd
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 04:44 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

windows 7. theres was 2 options for it to update. one on its own other was to personal install. cause i think my laptop is encripted with linux ubutu from free geek. so does that mean i can't put windows 7 on it?
nigguh_frost69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #4
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
No as long as you don't need anything from Ubuntu installation then you are free to delete it.

However if you have convert your Windows 7 license to 10, you might have problems activating it again, since Windows 10 license is tied to a machine and is not free floating anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigguh_frost69 View Post
windows 7. theres was 2 options for it to update. one on its own other was to personal install. cause i think my laptop is encripted with linux ubutu from free geek. so does that mean i can't put windows 7 on it?
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote