REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 12-01-2016, 04:47 PM   #1
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Silverfish

Recently noticed more and more silverfish appearing in my washroom, and transitioning into the living room. (at least 1 a day).

Any ideas on how to get rid of these? They're just getting annoying. It hasn't really shown up until half a year ago..
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2016, 04:51 PM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Has been happening to me too! Just started half a year ago as well.
axxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:57 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,420 Times in 917 Posts
I have like always two or three that pops up on the ceiling in the washroom every week.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:58 PM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
At my old house (built 1980s), I always saw them. Kept killing them, which somewhat helped reduce the number of sighting.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-01-2016, 05:32 PM   #5
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I'm just worried that they're laying many eggs around. I tried cleaning the washroom walls and ceilings (except the skylight, can't get up there at the moment). Doesn't seem to be too moist in the bathroom too.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:57 PM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Cedar Oil seemed to help with my situation, and my place smells amazing. Google it.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:31 PM   #7
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by see.lai View Post
Recently noticed more and more silverfish appearing in my washroom, and transitioning into the living room. (at least 1 a day).

Any ideas on how to get rid of these? They're just getting annoying. It hasn't really shown up until half a year ago..
Silverfish, ants and bugs can be "killed" with Diatomaceous Earth.
WTF is Diatomaceous Earth, YUP, I had the same reaction.

TLDR; it's a powder that will cause insects to die because the powder will dry their body (dehydrate).

Get a brush; small one; like a calligraphy brush and just spread it. (Has to be at a dry place; and BTW, it's human / pets friendly)
It does NOT kill the bug INSTANTLY, it has to be in contact with the bug, and it'll dry it slowly. You want it to be killed instantly, you're looking at RAID.

Sprinkle a bit; spread with brush around all corners and floor boards, they will go away in a few days. Repeat every few days if needed.

Where to get it? Home hardwave, they have different types, they ALL do the same shit. Get the bottle that says silver fish (blue in color)
and you're fine.

YOU DO NOT NEED 4 lbs of it. That 200 g bottle is more than enough.
200g Insectigone Bedbug and Flea Killer Powder

Home Hardware - 200g Insectigone Bedbug and Flea Killer Powder
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2016, 09:25 AM   #8
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Heard of making traps out of glass jars with bread inside, supposed to tape the outside with masking/hockey tape so they can climb up because they are attracted to the smell of bread and will end up stuck inside because they cant climb glass.
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote