REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-03-2016, 05:27 PM   #1
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
CTV: Tire-slashing suspect caught on camera in Surrey

Great plug for Lorex FLIR!!

Quote:

Tire-slashing suspect caught on camera in Surrey

CTV Vancouver
Published Saturday, December 3, 2016 6:22PM PST

A suspected serial tire-slasher has been captured on video after neighbours set up surveillance cameras on their Surrey street.

Residents of the Fleetwood neighbourhood told CTV News they installed cameras to catch the culprit following months of tire-slashing in their neighbourhood. The security video footage shows a man approaching a vehicle, bending down and slicing the tires and security cameras.

Neighbour Valerie Barker told CTV News her car has been targeted four times.

“This makes no sense because you’re not getting anything out of this,” she said.

More than a dozen of her neighbours have also fallen victim to similar incidents, some forced to spend thousands of dollars on new tires.

“Overall I think we’re about three-and-a-half, $4000 in the hole,” said neighbour Jacek Redlinski.

“We have had our tires slashed seven times,” said resident Lori Mauricio. “We’ve been going through this since September.”

Mauricio said she has suffered weeks of stress and sleepless nights.

“We never know when we’re getting up in the morning how many vehicles are going to be affected,” she said.

Finally this week the surveillance cameras caught the suspect in action. The video received thousands of views when Maurico posted it online.

“It was a relief,” she said. “I mean I wasn't happy that he came back.”

Robin Laird, the manager at Fountain Tire, said business is booming at his shop. On Saturday alone he dealt with eight slashed tires.

“Last month I’ve probably seen 25 to 30 [slashed tires],” he said.

The video footage has been turned over to Surrey RCMP, who did not respond to a request for comment. Neighbours hope the video will prompt the police to step up their investigation, or someone who knows the suspect to come forward.

With a report by CTV Vancouver’s David Molko
Advertisement

Last edited by godwin; 12-03-2016 at 06:51 PM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 05:51 PM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Tomorrow's news, "Tire slashing suspect turns out to be manager of Fountain Tire"
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:31 PM   #3

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
fuck this piece of shit

and fuck people that vandalize other people's cars

fuckin losers
Old 12-03-2016, 06:43 PM   #4
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2016, 08:15 PM   #5
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
I'm waiting for this.... can we all share the source and hope this idiot will see it and stop?

Quote:

Man who killed tire-slashing teen sentenced to 7 years

Published Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:18PM PDT

A 22-year-old Surrey man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for gunning down a teenaged boy who had been slashing tires in his neighbourhood two years ago.
Alleged gang associate Steven Brandon Mulligan-Brum, who copped to a charge of manslaughter, will serve only four years, six months in jail, however, after receiving credit for time already served.

At the sentencing hearing, B.C. Supreme Court Justice Elizabeth Bailey said Mulligan-Brum's apology in court was devoid of emotion and he did not appear sincerely remorseful for killing 17-year-old Adem Aliu in the street.
But the young man's lawyer, Lawrence Myers, denied that characterization and said he believes his client feels deeply sorry for what he's done.
"He considers it truly a tragedy and his heart goes out to the family of the victim, there's no question about that," Myers told reporters outside the courthouse.
Aliu had been drinking and vandalizing cars with his friends in July 2010 when Mulligan-Brum confronted him near 103 Avenue and 142 Street. The teenager, who had come to Canada from Albania about three years earlier, was shot in the back of the head and died at the scene.
One of the damaged vehicles was connected to the accused, who has previous convictions for uttering threats, obstructing a peace officer and possession for the purpose of trafficking. He was initially charged with second-degree murder in Aliu's death.

Myers said his client hasn't decided whether to appeal his sentence. source: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/man-who-killed-...years-1.833651

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2016, 09:29 PM   #6
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Surrey.
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:53 PM   #7
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Or just send the lady Berz's contact info

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
I'm waiting for this.... can we all share the source and hope this idiot will see it and stop?
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 05:09 AM   #8
I don't get it

Have a strange feeling the suspect works at a tire shop.
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 01:16 PM   #9
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,990 Times in 1,900 Posts
That's why ICBC rates are so damn high!
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 01:26 PM   #10
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
That's why ICBC rates are so damn high!
I respectfully disagree.

Most owners aren't going to use their insurance policy for a tire or two.

it's the high end cars in LML that require oodles of cash to repair that drive up the rates.

Also the additional nanny gizmos on these vehicles (cameras in mirrors and bumper sensors in most vehicles). These cost far more to replace than the simple components of older cars.

Prepare for astronomical rate increases. It's only gonna get worse.

Last edited by StanleyR; 12-04-2016 at 07:37 PM.
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2016, 01:43 PM   #11
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
Articles and the "experts" they have saying "I don't get this, the individual gets nothing out of this"

Guess what? People are FUCKED people just want to fuck with others they don't need to see an outcome from it
Old 12-04-2016, 06:40 PM   #12
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Articles and the "experts" they have saying "I don't get this, the individual gets nothing out of this"

Guess what? People are FUCKED people just want to fuck with others they don't need to see an outcome from it

vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote