REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Photography Lab

Photography Lab THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
A place to display digital masterpieces, enhance photography skills, photoshop, and share photo tips with one another...

Old 12-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

New camera Canon T2i

Hey all,

I've had my eyes set on the canon T2i for a while now but i'm wondering if you guys would be able to give me feedbacks on this particular camera. Also, should I just get the starter lens kit with the 18-55mm or the 2 lens kit also including the 55-200 len for 99?
Advertisement
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,191 Times in 481 Posts
http://www.revscene.net/forums/looki...w-t506651.html
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
I'd wait until boxing day and see if best buy or futureshop would have any deals. 2 boxing days ago I lined up for a xsi package which consists of the camera kit, battery grip, extra battery, and a camera bag for 699. The grip and batt alone is $200+ extra if bought seperatly.

As for the lens, the kit lens is a really basic lens, star out with it and then decide what kind of picture u like takin which determins what lens to get, oh and skipp the 55-200 if I were u.
Posted via RS Mobile
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #4

Sorry, I guess I should've posted in the getting a new camera thread. Mods, please feel free to move this.
Thank you for ur input topec. I'm in a little bit of a dilemma as I will be going on a trip before christmas and it would be nice to have a camera. I do realize I'll prob be able to get it cheaper on boxing day. So I guess I should just get the basic lens kit and get a quality telezoom once I get a better idea of what I'm doing?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
I subscribe to Revscene

alternatively, just get the t2i now from futureshop or bestbuy. if i remember right, they have some sort of price protection policy during december, where you can refund cameras up to 30 days.

try to just get the body only. the kit lens is good, but not that good. you're better off with another starter lens, such as the tamron 17-50 f2.8. look for it used online, it should be $400 or so.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
The kit lens is a starter lens to get you started if your new to photography. It gives you a sense of what focal length you enjoy shooting at. Once you get a sense what length you enjoy shooting it, then you can get a better lens in that focal range.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #7

Alright, well I'm gonna drop by bestbuy or futureshop later to see what their price protection policy's like. I'm prob just gonna get the single starter lens kit for now, which is only like 80 bucks more than the body itself so at least I'll have something to work with for the mean time. Any store besides bestbuy/FS u guys would recommend?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #8
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^^ broadway camera or london drugs
you might want to check out costco too since sometimes they have deals there
moky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #9
I am grateful grapefruit

I would think about price matching at Memory Express as well - they match the price -5%, so it's always worth checking it out. They have a good return policy as well.

they also match any online canadian price!
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #10
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
Blacks has the T2i on sale now for $749.99 with the 18-55IS kit lens. $50 cheaper than Futureshop or Broadway Camera. Or you can get Futureshop tp price match if you wana go that way.

http://www.photoprice.ca/product/031...Kit-price.html
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #11

^good price!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #12
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post
alternatively, just get the t2i now from futureshop or bestbuy. if i remember right, they have some sort of price protection policy during december, where you can refund cameras up to 30 days.

try to just get the body only. the kit lens is good, but not that good. you're better off with another starter lens, such as the tamron 17-50 f2.8. look for it used online, it should be $400 or so.
i have a tamron 17-50 f/2.8 for sale, used it on my xsi and it was great, letting go because i went full frame.

and i dont think fs/bb price match boxing day prices, if it was boxing week prices then yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:39 PM   #13

Thanks for the great post with the sale at blacks! I guess i'm gonna check it out tomorrow. I'm also considering the d3100 right now since that was recommended to me at broadway. It's down to those 2 i guess
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-09-2010, 03:26 AM   #14
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne_200 View Post
Thanks for the great post with the sale at blacks! I guess i'm gonna check it out tomorrow. I'm also considering the d3100 right now since that was recommended to me at broadway. It's down to those 2 i guess
Thanks! I hope that it works out for you! Put both camera's in your hands and see what one feels better to you. They are both wonderful camera's that will take beautiful pictures. Good luck, and you can go wrong with either!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #15

Thanks for all your inputs guys. Went out to bb and got the starter kit for 835 tax it with the price match from the sale price from blacks. Thx again to boostslut for the price pointer. Can't wait to get a mc with it and start playing with it
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #16
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Happy shooting! ^^
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #17
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Boy my inner asian tells me to get this

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Product...26285(ME).aspx

Bought the 60D last month from them cause it was cheap :$ ended up flipping the body and still have the lens. >.<
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #18
Got MOD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Boy my inner asian tells me to get this

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Product...26285(ME).aspx

Bought the 60D last month from them cause it was cheap :$ ended up flipping the body and still have the lens. >.<
$399 is pretty good for a camera with good features. Big price drop since these are discontinued models.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote