Some would say that Revscene isn’t the type of community that would come together to commit random acts of kindness on those around them. Well, those people would be wrong.
It began with a post by Revscene’s Operation Rev Nose organizer MG1 who wanted to hear about the members of our online community making a difference, even in a small way, in people’s lives. Revscene delivered in a big way. Here are some of the highlights.
- jeffh, as a Jeep owner, jumpstarts dead cars and has even pulled a van out of a ditch during a snowstorm.
- Peanut Butter Jelly Time tells us why we shouldn’t judge people by their appearances.
- rizo improves some kids’ basketball experience.
- Mindbomber reaches out to someone who seemed alone in a crowd.
- PJ helps someone who is new in town.
- And MG1 shows us how its done.
The entire discussion can be found at the following link:
It has been going on since 2009 and is full of great stories that we didn’t cover in this post. Its definitely worth a read. Hopefully it inspires you to commit your own random act of kindness.
Mindbomber has also challenged Revscene to step up their game in December and show their holiday spirit. He wants to see everyone do one good thing every day for the entire month. We’re over the half way mark and we’ve done some good but the month isn’t over yet.
Come read about it, and participate, here.