REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 01-27-2004, 11:51 PM   #3651
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally posted by SpooSports
Heh, Hows the Accord treating you big.

Fuck i hate being sick, anyone got any cures for a sore throat.
This might sound fucked but, my gran always made me down a big spoon full
of honey(NASTY) when I had a sore throat......seems to work, for a while anyway. I donno.....I hate sore throats.
Advertisement
-Man standing on toilet is said to be high on pot.
-He who goes to bed with itchy ass, wakes up with smelly finger.
WRX PIC
NEW WRX PIC
WRX2
RiPTiDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 11:51 PM   #3652
TC-13*

Funniest BuySell thread ever:
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=179751
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_TEG View Post
fat chicks dont have feelings.
RedCeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 11:54 PM   #3653
Need to Seek Professional Help

HA! yeah I saw that yesterday!!
-Man standing on toilet is said to be high on pot.
-He who goes to bed with itchy ass, wakes up with smelly finger.
WRX PIC
NEW WRX PIC
WRX2
RiPTiDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 12:18 AM   #3654
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

well the accords doing good,

were like 200m from the southridge development so we had cras and ppl coming and going to help out, we ended up doing sum logging to get him out, lol. it wasnt even all that bad of a stuck, we were just putting around and he stopped cuz if u know him u know this, watkins is a fucktard sumtimes anyways he stopped goign up just a lil hill, but in 3 feet of snow u dont go anywhere, so we just slid sideways into a grove of tree, i might add that we had only been 4xing for about 6 minutes when this happened, lol. anyways about an hour he left my place and called 2 minutes later cuz he got a flat, so me and a few buddies went down to give him a hand, well his spare didnt fit and it took 30min to pump it up with my buddys air compressor, anywyas we thouyghjt it would b fine but he just called and said it was flat again, so i dunno, the kids fucked, lol
Old 01-28-2004, 02:01 AM   #3655
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

hahaha and i love how a couple weeks ago he was telling everyone that he BOUGHT that dodge ram he even told us how much he paid for it.. it's a good thing very few people actually believed him
Canadian Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 09:13 AM   #3656
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

he did buy the ram jackass, lol. he just sold it back to his buddy when the jimmy got fixed, thats all. lol. now jason ur going to ask me how i k ow, ive seen the insurance papers and talked to half the westside firefighters about it, lol
Old 01-28-2004, 09:56 AM   #3657
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

yepp, at school again...hehe. 4 hours of sleep is not sweet, thank god 4 coffee
Old 01-28-2004, 10:05 AM   #3658
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

aggghhh im booored school is so boring... specially when i dont have a car to leave campus.... AND specially wen i get stranded at thompson park mall for 25 mins cuz the bus changed roots and booted me off.... grrr... i got to hear a joke from some crazie dude tho ^_^ hah... silly ppl that hang out at thompson park mall.. i tell ya
RSVC #9

Thats a really nice story... but does it come in interesting?

'02 3.0L Ford Ranger Edge

'85 3.8L V6 Mustang (Gone :()

Support Your Rev Scene Artists, visit or post your own work on the Import Personal Art Forum! Click Here!
Festus351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:13 AM   #3659

Quote:
Originally posted by big_sexy_chevy
he did buy the ram jackass, lol. he just sold it back to his buddy when the jimmy got fixed, thats all. lol. now jason ur going to ask me how i k ow, ive seen the insurance papers and talked to half the westside firefighters about it, lol
lol wtf now im getting different stories from everybody!!!!.... well i guess i gotta believe you if you've seen insurance papers..
Old 01-28-2004, 11:07 AM   #3660
TC-13*

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadian Rider
lol wtf now im getting different stories from everybody!!!!.... well i guess i gotta believe you if you've seen insurance papers..
Does it really matter?
Quote:
Old 01-28-2004, 12:01 PM   #3661
RS controls my life!

this site really sux in the winter......*vent*
Old 01-28-2004, 02:41 PM   #3662
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderKat
this site really sux in the winter......*vent*
I think its way more active in the winter actually, in the summer i have better things to do then cruise revscene reading gay threads and watching pointless arguments. also in the winter it is a great way to procrastinate on doing my homework
Old 01-28-2004, 03:02 PM   #3663

Quote:
Originally posted by RedCeli
Does it really matter?

ummmm not for the most part
Old 01-28-2004, 03:21 PM   #3664
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

fuck i hate it when someone calls for tech support right before the end of the day and then you end up staying an extra half hour (or more) talking to some asshole who has no idea what he's talking about, but thinks he does. yeah i'm talking to one right now... and he's really pissing me off. i don't see this conversation ending any time soon.

ok, *end of venting* (for now)
Old 01-28-2004, 03:42 PM   #3665
TC-13*

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunn
fuck i hate it when someone calls for tech support right before the end of the day and then you end up staying an extra half hour (or more) talking to some asshole who has no idea what he's talking about, but thinks he does. yeah i'm talking to one right now... and he's really pissing me off. i don't see this conversation ending any time soon.

ok, *end of venting* (for now)
Just hang up on him. He'll think he got accidentally disconnected and have to call back...then you're in the clear. Or do they frown on that kind of thing?
Quote:
Old 01-28-2004, 04:06 PM   #3666
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunn
just pretend you're higher up on the support ladder (or not on the support ladder at all) so they're meek. whenever there's a support call that i need to deal with, my co-workers go "hrm, sounds serious.... i guess... you'll need to talk to our... system administrator...". then leave them on hold for *minimum* 1 minute. this way they'll think they're getting their call passed way up the line and will be really intimidated. then, never say "how can i help you?" "thank you for holding", etc. when they explain the problem, go "hrm, lemme look at the mailbox/logs/files/whatever..." and type furiously for about 30 seconds, making sure to not say a word, or explain any of what you're doing. when fixed, go "ok, found it. should be working now." and offer no closing remarks. usually they won't even ask what the problem was and will actually be grateful.

hard to believe i get paid a decent wage to do the above. i don't do it to good customers though. just ones who call excessively and/or are arrogant. if you're too nice they'll feel like you OWE it to them to help them, for free, even if it's their problem is their own fault.
hampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 05:55 PM   #3667
My homepage has been set to RS

hey Spoo, how much km do you get out of a tank of gas
AzN_ignite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 06:51 PM   #3668
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Haha, I used to do that at convergy's, before I got in trouble for it. Call monitor is not my friend. In the call center business generally we have to say "Thank you for holding" "Anything else I can do for you?" " How MAY I ASSIST you today?" and other various forms of shit speech out there. If I don't say "Anything else I can do" 3 times, I'm fired, how's that for Convergy's eh? I know how you feel Gunn, I work at the same type of place, some moron constantly saying "Do WHAT now??!?" when you ask him/her to click on the start button. if someone pisses me off enough, I just release, or dick them around. For example, some lady called in, got me, she had a problem with billing (not my department).

I wasen't an ass and was getting ready to send her on the way, yet she calls me a fucker, but she didn't know I was still on the line, so I told her the bill was 500 dollars because of extra downloading of explict movie files...she went off yet again, so off to the billing department she went. Damn Hampton, give me a job, your sounds sweet
Old 01-28-2004, 07:03 PM   #3669
I bringith the lowerballerith

hey guys and girls!! freezing ur bums off? hehe its like 10 here today blue skies and sunny! monday is gonna be 12!! john mayer was here last night but i never made it out. i havent been out at all yet.. woohoo!
accent_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 07:11 PM   #3670

Quote:
Originally posted by hampton
just pretend you're higher up on the support ladder (or not on the support ladder at all) so they're meek. whenever there's a support call that i need to deal with, my co-workers go "hrm, sounds serious.... i guess... you'll need to talk to our... system administrator...". then leave them on hold for *minimum* 1 minute. this way they'll think they're getting their call passed way up the line and will be really intimidated. then, never say "how can i help you?" "thank you for holding", etc. when they explain the problem, go "hrm, lemme look at the mailbox/logs/files/whatever..." and type furiously for about 30 seconds, making sure to not say a word, or explain any of what you're doing. when fixed, go "ok, found it. should be working now." and offer no closing remarks. usually they won't even ask what the problem was and will actually be grateful.
Yeah, unfortunetly this guy was asking questions on how to do certain things. Without going into detail he was asking about having a certain figure show up on a print out. Basically, the entire programming for the system would have to re-configured for this to work. So it just cannot happen. I talked to him for 45 minutes basically just saying "no it can't be done" about a hundred times. Then I helped him configure a sales report... like this is easy easy stuff... he's just a total dumbass. So I couldn't really tell him he's fixed cause there was no way that woulda worked. What I usually do though, is figure out a way to have them print something and tell them to fax it to me so I can look at it, and then call me back. Well, I don't answer the phones after 4:00, so I just deal with it the next day

Quote:
Originally posted by hampton

hard to believe i get paid a decent wage to do the above. i don't do it to good customers though. just ones who call excessively and/or are arrogant. if you're too nice they'll feel like you OWE it to them to help them, for free, even if it's their problem is their own fault.
yeah I get paid pretty decent, as well. The people I hate the most are the ones that phone, are angry as hell that something isn't working for them, but admit they screwed something up. They phone and say "(certain program) isn't working! I did something wrong and screwed it up and it won't work. Fix it!" And if I don't give them a one sentance answer to fix it, they're angry. Fuck that pisses me off. Usually I just say I have to check on something, I'll call you back... then wait a couple hrs to call them back. You be an ass to me, you go to the end of the "to-do" list.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:17 PM   #3671

Quote:
Originally posted by Danch
In the call center business generally we have to say "Thank you for holding" "Anything else I can do for you?" " How MAY I ASSIST you today?" and other various forms of shit speech out there. If I don't say "Anything else I can do" 3 times, I'm fired, how's that for Convergy's eh?
Yeah, luckily we're a smaller company. There's two of us doing support for our program, which over 400 companies in Canada use. We have complete control over the calls and support (we do sales, not telemarketing though... people call us, and other things as well). We're our own bosses basically... our boss doesn't monitor what we do... but I still don't treat people badly unless they treat me like shit first. Our boss always backs us up on any problems, so it's all good.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:22 PM   #3672
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

im took lazy to read...
i seen an ambulance with its lights on mad bent on the hwy..correcting and everything...big smile on his face when he passed..was pretty funny
Old 01-28-2004, 09:48 PM   #3673
Okanagan Mod Team

Quote:
Originally posted by AzN_ignite
hey Spoo, how much km do you get out of a tank of gas
220km on 20 bucks of 94.

I always put my gas in 20s.

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:01 PM   #3674
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

SPOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo....Andy mnews abvout teh lips? they were supopsed to be here sooooon!!
racer__X__33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:09 PM   #3675
Okanagan Mod Team

NO WORD MAN, HOPEFULLY TOMORRRRRRRROW

R.I.P :1994 Dodge 2500
Sold :1993 Prelude SR-V
SpooSports is offline   Reply With Quote