REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/autobody-lighting-structural-tech_192/)
-   -   paintless dent removal (https://www.revscene.net/forums/218290-paintless-dent-removal.html)

SilverRSXxX 07-03-2004 11:43 PM

paintless dent removal

drove by superstore on NO.3 road today and saw one of the "Paintless Dent Removal" places

is it possible to remove a dent that is on the body line?

im assuming that shops use those dent king devices, but they only work on flat spots

does anyone know if its possible

someone dinged my car and must of been high because it hit the body line...

thanks in advance

felixy69 07-04-2004 08:50 PM

i've heard something call dent docter that fix that ...i am still trying to fine out where i can get it !!!

hamsup 07-07-2004 07:23 AM

hey dude... on clubrsx.... i might start up a group buy for a paintless dent removal thing... seems like alot of us need dents pulled

silver5 07-07-2004 02:31 PM

go to Dents Unlimited in Port Moody, they are the best

SilverRSXxX 07-08-2004 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by hamsup
hey dude... on clubrsx.... i might start up a group buy for a paintless dent removal thing... seems like alot of us need dents pulled
seriously?

sounds good, im in for sure

thanks J

hamsup 07-08-2004 08:35 AM

no problem... seems like so many of us need it.. .i am going to call him later !!!

LethalSR5 07-08-2004 09:49 PM

Go to your local butcher and get some dry ice. Hold it (with tongs) close to the dent and it should pop it out. This doesn't work on seams or thicker gauge steel but will work for most doors, fenders, hoods and trunks.

It is a detaillers secret to take care of door dings on custom paintjobs that would cost too much to touch up.

I slept through physics to explain it better but the temperature of the dry ice causes the atoms of the metal to contract or expand? which forces the dent out. I never believed it till I tried it.

hamsup 07-10-2004 10:43 AM

where can i get a hold of dry ice ????? this is oober interesting !!!!

LethalSR5 07-11-2004 10:24 AM

Quote:

Go to your local butcher and get some dry ice.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AccordEx 07-11-2004 03:18 PM

any place for paintless dent removal in Vancouver area???

crwong 07-25-2004 07:46 PM

u serious about the dry ice things?? It can't cause ne damage can it?

Spidey 08-01-2004 06:24 PM

theres a place on bridgeport i drive down BP and see the signs up "paintless dent removal" its close to G5

Edison_Chen 10-01-2004 12:17 PM

Any updates with the paintless door ding removal??

How much do body shops charge?

dentsunltd 11-14-2007 08:28 AM

Go to our website about paintless dent repair
The stuff you are talking about is hit and miss (more Miss Than Hit)
If Revscene would like to have a gathering at our shop to give us an opportunity to educate anyone interested about what we do in the Paintless dent business, we would love to show you all.
I have seen so many posts that just dont make sence and will never accomplish what you are after
Check out our website
www.dentsunlimited.com and you will find our website is loaded with info
Cheers,
Randy

TomcoPDR 11-14-2007 07:32 PM

Re: paintless dent removal

Quote:

Originally posted by SilverRSXxX

im assuming that shops use those dent king devices, but they only work on flat spots

You'd be surprise how many don't use the "Ding King" brand. Sold mine for $5 to a lucky local (I didn't buy it, got it for Christmas)

That method works on curves and ridges too, pending on the skilled technician removing the dent; and the damage itself.

BNR32_Coupe 11-14-2007 11:13 PM

Does it matter whether the dent is on steel or aluminum?

dentsunltd 11-19-2007 11:59 PM

On a case by case basis every dent is different .
Aluminum is definitly workable
Would have to see the damage to see what the success would be
Location, depth, and customer expectations etc are all factors that will tell us if we can repair any dent .
Cheers
Randy
Dents Unlimited

ASG111 01-06-2008 09:06 PM

Am I able to send some pictures to you to see if it's repairable?

dentsunltd 01-06-2008 09:39 PM

you sure can but its best you send it directly to our email
it is info@dentsunlimited.com

dentsunltd 02-04-2009 05:19 PM

Look for us at the upcoming Vancouver International Auto Show . We would be happy to show you a quick demonstration to give you a basic idea of how we repair minor dents on your car.
Cheers
Randy Manzardo
Dents Unlimited