REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #8826
My homepage has been set to RS

On the topic of social media stocks.

I am really really digging the PIE-V acquisition of KEEK.
So from oil, now to social media. Using this site for only 1 minute, I jived with it and liked it. They already have 60 million users.
KeeK is similar to snapchat in that it's video's instead.
I've batted pretty good on LX Ventures 0.29 to .67 now (I sold at .40s.... for disclosure sake), but from using it....Mobioinsider needs some tweaking.
Keek...already looks good. When it comes to trade, I'm definitely buying.

The acquisition of KEEK puts a value of 16 million.................. That's retarded. LX Ventures is at 40ish million on substantially less. I'm calling it now guys, this is going to be a big one. I'll post when it comes to trade.
Advertisement

Last edited by subordinate; 11-22-2013 at 04:51 PM.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #8827
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Gold is holding it's ground.

Thought the lawsuits might still drag but I guess they're meaningless now that the accusations look like it's completely off base.

4000 ozs was initial target and they found 4215 oz's. 1815 tonnes remain to be processed.

I think theirs potential for another rally on Monday, not like today but a few %. I'll probably hold onto it a little while longer. Revised resource est in Dec should be good though.
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #8828

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
Gold is holding it's ground.

Thought the lawsuits might still drag but I guess they're meaningless now that the accusations look like it's completely off base.

4000 ozs was initial target and they found 4215 oz's. 1815 tonnes remain to be processed.

I think theirs potential for another rally on Monday, not like today but a few %. I'll probably hold onto it a little while longer. Revised resource est in Dec should be good though.
Doesn't look good HonestTea...this was what I had in mind as well & after reading a couple of blogs

http://www.northernminer.com/news/st...lt/1002752061/

(That's odd...it was free to view just earlier)

Essentially, to summarize,

Strathcona was already expecting around 4000 from the bulk sample to begin with.
And that they believe the feasibility study is wrong. Strathcona's research does not agree with the Snowden's report of a 22 year mine life at 425,000/yr producing 16g/t, with 16 million tons.

They expect the mine to be smaller and with a shorter life span, but very economical due to high grade via Cleopatra vein. The Cleopatra is a rarity and there isn't enough of it.

What's the key point is that Graham noted "Pretium didn't find it either," talking about Snowden's resource model, when Pretium did all the drilling, modelling, et cetera.

The story isn't over yet, but I could see a drop off....likely to new lows. Smart money will tell.

Hmmm...Re-read the reason for Strathcona quitting, and he states there is no gold resources....now he says a mine can be made but at a much smaller scale?
Quote:
Pretium has already released parts of Strathcona's letter of resignation. It reads: "There are no valid gold mineral resources for the [Valley of Kings] zone, and without mineral resources there can be no mineral reserves, and without mineral reserves there can be no basis for a feasibility study,'' Strathcona said.
Read more at http://www.stockhouse.com/opinion/mo...cd1g9zjEKLq.99
Nvm..... I get it. It's worded well. Graham is simply stating he doesn't believe in the Snowden Model and because it's irrelevant/ not applicable. There is no valid gold minerals report for the project. As such, no basis for further study.

Last edited by subordinate; 11-25-2013 at 06:23 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #8829

People posting over at stockhouse saying he's doing this to CYA, cover his ass.

All in all, it's ultimately up to shareholders to decide which story is more compelling.

#1 - The fact that there's over 4000 oz's already and more to come. And the fact that Zero insiders have sold.

Or #2 - Strathcona was right and Cleopatra values are being thrown in, even though the vein does not support a bulk mine. The fact that there was no buying during the drop off, it was a steal then right? If the insider's knew they had something.

Tough decisions.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #8830

Been reading this guy's blog on his updates on pretium.
He makes a good post today about the company Pretium is sending their sample to. Pretium: Who is Strategic Minerals LLC? | Glenn Chan's Random Notes on Investing

This sort of reminds me of an auditor signing off on documents. Strathcona thought it was material news via skewed data from Cleopatra vein.
So if this is material to Strathcona, and not material in the eyes of Pretium, whose right?
Guess the auditors & lawyers will figure that out.

Last edited by subordinate; 11-25-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #8831

LXV.V @ 0.87 cents

Tried chasing Lxv but went on the losing end a bit. Might jump in again tomorrow before work. This thing is a runaway train. @ .87 cents now.
Slash joins today around 2pm, on his OWN accord from the looks of it, alreaady hits close to 1000 "like" clicks and requests. They really done well on the ad front, to see the picture response of an influencer, you have to view the ad first. Ad block can't circumvent it. I thought this thing was a bust really...but then it reminded me of AMA Reddit and how it attracts 2,000 to 10,000 comments. Now you factor that into comments and likes and visits, and how many people have to click those ads to view the responses.

I know this has already run about over 300%, from my call at .29 to .87 today. (I'm fully out but likely jump in again). But this into perspective, snapchat valued at 4ish Billion. LXV hasn't even closed the PP yet, once closed, a backlog of new signings will appear. It only takes a handful of key stars for this thing to catch on. AMA Reddit is wildly successful - but Mobio monetizes this.

Food for thought.

ZEN.V @ 3.08 cents

R.Estimate is going to be released next week as per A.E at the Graphite Conference in New York.

I put most of the TFSA contributions in this puppy..... thinking I should back off some just in case it's the "sell on news." .....Yolo.

PVG.TO

Pretium...guess the market thinks Farq is full of it.
Honesttea,

Did you notice that literally half of bulk sample 615E consists of the Cleopatra vein?
And if Bob Q states that the sample will be processed from low to high, that means this last 2000 tons or whatever is going to be retardedly high.

Aight..think I FINALLY wrapped my head around this and focused on the key points.

1 - the drill program was started in May 2013 for 10,000 tons in 4 cuts

2- The cleopatra vein is discovered during drilling in July 2013. & Drilling on it is INCLUDED in the Bulk Program....when this vein was completely UNKNOWN when Snowden made the feasibility estimate of 16 mill tons at 13g/t for a life of 22 years at 2,700/day @ Bulk mining methology.

2a - Strathcona states in the recent press release that he believes the Cleopatra Vein cannot be mined in a bulk mining method.

2b - the C.Vein is along 85m in length so far and 50m up and down the 1385m.... The bulk drill program drilling is at 1385m..........

3 - Look at the 10,000 Bulk Drilling map, it looks like 615E, more than half of it consists of the Cleopatra Vein, and the one adjacent to it is near as well. The vein is about 85m in strike and still not fully defined. Could be a scatter of those sister veins.

4 - if we put that in perspective, then of course the 10,000 bulk ton sample will produce well over 4,000. The grab samples from Cleopatra vein were retarded. but if they aren't to be mined in a bulk sample method, then how much does cost rise?

What I'm concluding at is,

How can Snowden's model be correct if they didn't discover the Cleopatra Veins until July 2013. Veins that cannot be bulk mined. The bulk drilling program, if they process all 10,000 tons really means nothing right? It will reach the same conclusion. Well over 4,000.
But what does that prove? It doesn't help reassure us that the feasibility study for the mine is correct. It tells us there's gold, a crap load of it. But current feasibility plan? Yep, that needs to be re-worked to factor in the new cost, lower margins for the Cleo vein.

Where it all goes from here?

The revised Minerals will be increased. If investors still believe in Pretium, we go up to 7-8 dollars, & if spot gold slightly goes up. Then the new feasibility report will likely become the true test. If this stock goes down to new lows or record highs.

If insiders or the 48% of institutions start exiting from now till early Q1, I say it's best to exit as well. Or if Institutions & newsletter writers start the pump job to exit as well, then that's the sign.

- Just an average joe with his two cents.

Last edited by subordinate; 11-26-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #8832

LXV @ .90 cents.
PP is closed, fully subscribed. Look for a lot of news from now until December 1st.
I'm looking at probably 2 signee's in a release just before Market opens.
& when it hits a dollar, that's when some institutions are allowed to buy. So who knows, high risk, high reward :s

On a side note, lucy hale was added today, and she exploded to 3000 "likes". I have no idea who she is, but I can only assume the larger effect when we sign an A-lister. Edit...Oh she's a teen star.

*cross fingers for bieber.

ISD @ .20 cents, released a data deal worth 500k, looks like a catalyst. From the time the news was released the stock jumped from .16 to .20 on decent volume. Look for a continuation into TMR, this stock has been in the .16-.20 long enough.
Looking at this to finally have the momo to hit the financing level at .30 cents.

Last edited by subordinate; 11-27-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #8833

Any one even looking at Mobio lol. Eh..guess not.

If anyone did any research, you would find that when a celebrity responds, it links and there's a link posted on their twitter page as well.

The CEO, Mike Edwards, has past experience, two of note, were a couple billion dollar exits.

- Hate to sound like pumping but I haven't really found anything I don't like about this play. Well maybe for exiting most of my position far too early and the PP at .35.

- Oh yeah, they now have a US Trading Symbol.

- Would be interesting if they decide to link it to Youtube. I.e// Youtube stars/singers would post and link to Mobio or mobio links to youtube. The same setup they have with twitter. Further increasing traffic.

- Now, can there servers handle the launch on Dec.1.

- Interesting how stockhouse, before the risk of LX Ventures, it was down to earth, with good research/feedback. Now a pile of filth and boiler pumpers and bashers. Wonder what these guys look like in real life.

Last edited by subordinate; 11-27-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #8834
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
when it hits a dollar, that's when some institutions are allowed to buy.
Bit of an "Old wives tale" on this point, try to find any list of institutions who won't buy stocks if they have a PPS <$1.

It's just one of those things people put out their to build hype.

Side note... counting down the days to Dec 20th AMRN PDUFA date... god forbid I might actually come out in the green :s
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #8835

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Bit of an "Old wives tale" on this point, try to find any list of institutions who won't buy stocks if they have a PPS <$1.

It's just one of those things people put out their to build hype.

Side note... counting down the days to Dec 20th AMRN PDUFA date... god forbid I might actually come out in the green :s
Good point, I was trying to find out more about it but figured it was an insider thing.

.....as General Ackbar would say, "It's a trap"

Well, hope AMRN works out.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #8836

Bitcoin is the greatest ponzi scam since Avon.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #8837

I use to think that, but the mass adoption of bitcoin is insane.
The only way or process that will slow it down is if the big boys buy so much of bitcoin, then manipulate it down, causing a panic, and higher lows and lower lows, until capitulation.

Then the faith...like all currency will be eradicated and merchants will cease to accept it due to forex losses. Then the acceptance will be over and the big boys laugh over their cuban cigars and cocaine parties.

And the balance is restored, the common people get fucked.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #8838

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
The reason currencies need a government body is because they are one of the biggest buyers and users of that product. So if you have a lot of bitcoin saved up, you can't find a big buyer for it.

Like imagine to cash our $1 million worth of bitcoin. lol
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #8839
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

anyone else receive claims for lawsuit from Sino-Forest and know anything about it? We get proceeds from a settlement it says. Lots of the regulars on here were trading it back in 2011 if i remember correctly.
classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #8840
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
No.. LOL

I think my weighted-average is about 4.55~ but I didn't care about Mr. Money's "insider" information. I wanted to buy PVG for awhile now.
"insider"....stop throwing that shitty term around already,Like i said I've being Investing to Local Company's all over Canada,& since this one was in my Home Town I've decided to Invest into from 1 day since I've being to the Live Public group meetings,The only bad thing I've heard was Gold prices were down 70% after from Last year,Hoping it Picks up...... Strong supporter of Local BC company's,you Guys didn't even know about PVG till now it seems.

Last edited by Mr.Money; 12-08-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #8841
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

What broker do you guys use? Anyone have experience with TD Waterhouse? Any good?
Infinitii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #8842
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitii View Post
What broker do you guys use? Anyone have experience with TD Waterhouse? Any good?
I have to say TD Waterhouse is one of the better ones out there. It's easy to use/understand but I may be biased because I work for them. I do get a lot of client feedback and many of them love it and will never consider switching out. Brokerage fees could be expensive @ $29/trade but as long as you're able to keep $50k then it drops to $9.99/trade.

TD acquired thinkorswim few years back so I would not rule out the possibility of them merging the 2 platforms in some way to further benefit the client.
kluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #8843
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluk View Post
I have to say TD Waterhouse is one of the better ones out there. It's easy to use/understand but I may be biased because I work for them. I do get a lot of client feedback and many of them love it and will never consider switching out. Brokerage fees could be expensive @ $29/trade but as long as you're able to keep $50k then it drops to $9.99/trade.

TD acquired thinkorswim few years back so I would not rule out the possibility of them merging the 2 platforms in some way to further benefit the client.
Is it possible to not have 50g in it but negotiate to have the $9.99/trade?
Infinitii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #8844
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitii View Post
Is it possible to not have 50g in it but negotiate to have the $9.99/trade?

No, unless somehow you can prove that another bank is doing it. The 50k is a household minimum so if you live with your parents / siblings etc then you can pool in your resources and have multiple accounts + all trade for 9.99.
kluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #8845
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
I'm using HSBC Invest Direct and it's $6.88/per trade but I'm a HSBC Premier member.

I haven't used TD's platform but I heard it's pretty good! HSBC's platform isn't the best but at $6.88/per trade, it's hard to beat.
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #8846
Banned (ABWS)

How many people are there in this thread that can actually read financial sheets?
JDM_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #8847

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_03 View Post
How many people are there in this thread that can actually read financial sheets?
Not sure if srs...

I would hope everyone in this thread, they are really quite simple.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #8848

What r financizl $heeeets?
Old 12-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #8849
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Not sure if srs...

I would hope everyone in this thread, they are really quite simple.
Posted via RS Mobile
SRS
JDM_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #8850

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_03 View Post
SRS
Okay... so are you asking for help? Or asking because you think we all make foolish decisions with our investments based on rhe contents of financial statements you've reviewed?

Or are you just a simple person? Cause that's okay. Ask questions, I'm sure we can band together and coddle you through the first stages of losing money on the stock market aka Adult Casino.

If you want investment advice I highly encourage you to remortgage your house and buy AMRN, I have made a small fortune off this stock, you can't go wrong, fully expect 1000% return in >3 months... and that's a worst case scenario.