REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #7926
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
You don't do that to your Benz. It's like dressing it up with different colour clothes. Yea it looks pretty sick, sick enough to be on car shows, but not sick enough to be clean and original.
Oh for fucks sake, why does every Mercedes have to be "clean"? Are we such fucking snobs that we don't dare mod a Mercedes?

Its funny, "clean" is the predominant attitude in the C-class forums, yet if you hit the SL-class forums they appreciate people who go all out. I like to think of it as those with money realize its just fun, while those in entry level cars are posers.
Advertisement
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #7927
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff89 View Post
it's a.......

!!!!!!
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #7928
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,164 Times in 201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1 S2 View Post
Add on fenders and quarter panels
looool crx badge too XD

89' Skyline GTS-T - Big Turbo Widebody
1990 FC RX7 - Tap Walls, Bang Limiters

1998 Integra - RIP
1992 Celica GT -
SOLD
1985 Trans Am Firebird - SOLD
DiiCii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #7929
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
that ep3 has wings west kit ...

if done proper it's not bad
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #7930
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
IMO any car looks ugly with a Matte black or cf vinyl hood. Only very few cars can pull it off. But of course cars with the whole body wrapped in vinyl is an exception. Patterened vinyl is a different story however. Cf vinyl only looks good on trim pieces and dashboard parts. Lets use - kT's car for example. He makes good use cf vinyl and makes his car look BETTER and not WORSE than stock. Look at how he doesn't use vinyl to make his car scream for attention which is probably what mm design is probably trying to achieve.. The mm design guy cut the edges of the vinyl so they are on the lines of the car and that's such a fugly way to show off the lines.. The car looks better without the vinyl. Not only did the vinyl cost alot but it looks fucking tacky.. Lol spending money to make your car look uglier.. @Taylor Going all out you say? Lol I guess putting a huge sheet of sticker on your car is going all out if you state it that way.. I don't know how so many of you think that there's nothing wrong with that c63.. But I shouldn't judge since this is ricescene
Posted via RS Mobile
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2011, 12:26 AM   #7931
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Oh for fucks sake, why does every Mercedes have to be "clean"? Are we such fucking snobs that we don't dare mod a Mercedes?

Its funny, "clean" is the predominant attitude in the C-class forums, yet if you hit the SL-class forums they appreciate people who go all out. I like to think of it as those with money realize its just fun, while those in entry level cars are posers.
Well if you go all out with an SL with mods that make your car better then sure, but same thing goes for handing it over to MM design. Still turn out red, black, white vinyl wrap all over it.

I'm not saying they're not trying to achieve some sort of creative status, but sometimes if you overdo it and plaster your designs all over the city, its too much.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #7932
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,466 Times in 190 Posts

:IDL
FRStan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #7933
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
^looks good in a cartoony sort of way
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #7934
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:

I agree with what you're saying but bone stock car with huge stickers isn't all out modification IMO....
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #7935
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...340820101.html

Surprising that it doesn't have SOME CHROME RIMZ BRO
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #7936
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
^thats normal for Surrey
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #7937
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Indeed it is but that tribal sticker just completes the icing of the douchebag cake.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #7938
THEY HATE US CUZ THEY AIN'T US

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeone
exhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #7939
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhil View Post
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeone
REN MEN BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
PDKGD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #7940
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,102 Times in 243 Posts
lol So easy to spot ricers on CL; just type in "tastefully modded".
Datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #7941
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737! View Post
Look at how he doesn't use vinyl to make his car scream for attention which is probably what mm design is probably trying to achieve.
This to me is the definition of "clean". Why are people so afraid of attention? Personally I didn't mod my car to fit in with the rest, its done to stand out.

Quote:
The mm design guy cut the edges of the vinyl so they are on the lines of the car and that's such a fugly way to show off the lines.
You gotta be kidding me. Ever seen a pinstripe on a muscle car? You know where it usually is? On a body line. Why is it on the body line? To give it MORE definition.

Quote:
The car looks better without the vinyl. Not only did the vinyl cost alot but it looks fucking tacky.. Lol spending money to make your car look uglier..
Vinyl is cheap, if you think it is expensive you need a better job. Paint is expensive, and its hard to try things and redo them like with vinyl. I wish I had gone vinyl (wasn't popular when I painted my car) cause as style changes I could just change the look.

What vinyl is on the MB? Roof and hood. No-one criticizes those who vinyl the roof, so you must mean the hood. Here's a widebody MB with the skunk stripe hood, I think it looks great. Its real CF, not matte vinyl, yet they are both going for the same look.

Quote:
@Taylor Going all out you say? Lol I guess putting a huge sheet of sticker on your car is going all out if you state it that way.. I don't know how so many of you think that there's nothing wrong with that c63.. But I shouldn't judge since this is ricescene
By "all out" I mean take a risk to stand out. "Clean" == boring.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #7942
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
I like to think of it as those with money realize its just fun, while those in entry level cars are posers.
Your saying that when someone with a high end car rices it out its okay because its “Fun”, while if someone rices out a Civic that makes them a “poser”?

Am I just not understanding what your saying, or is the above correct?
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #7943
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
cuz this is totally not rice as its stands out from the crowd & its " fun"

so its just like white ppl that only believe in muscle cars & when they see tuner imports with big wing, they laugh at it cuz its a big stupid wing but its ok for a cuda or challenger to have a big wing cuz thats alright hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #7944
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91civicZC View Post
Your saying that when someone with a high end car rices it out its okay because its “Fun”, while if someone rices out a Civic that makes them a “poser”?

Am I just not understanding what your saying, or is the above correct?
No, that is not correct.

I'm saying someone in an entry-level luxury car will want to keep it "clean" cause they brought the luxury brand for the name and won't risk ruining the brand image with crazy mods - ie a poser.

Someone who buys a high end luxury car usually has money to burn, same with someone who buys a Civic rather than stretch themselves into an entry-level luxury car. They'll spend the money on modding their car cause it is fun, rather than try to stay true to the brand for status reasons.

"Clean" no longer means "tastefully modded", it means "don't let the mods distract you from the 3-pointed star on the hood"
Old 05-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #7945
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
so its just like white ppl that only believe in muscle cars & when they see tuner imports with big wing, they laugh at it cuz its a big stupid wing but its ok for a cuda or challenger to have a big wing cuz thats alright hey
Absolutely!

This is one of my favourite cars, my brother owned one and I learned to drive in it. The wing is absolutely ridiculous, actually the whole car is ridiculous, yet that's part of the fun!

Anyways we're getting OT, back to awful cars.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #7946
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Absolutely!

This is one of my favourite cars, my brother owned one and I learned to drive in it. The wing is absolutely ridiculous, actually the whole car is ridiculous, yet that's part of the fun!

Anyways we're getting OT, back to awful cars.
yes but the problem is those ppl like MM Designs make it so ugly as its doesn't blend with the car while -kt makes its it look good as it blends in with the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #7947
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #7948
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
Quote:
This to me is the definition of "clean". Why are people so afraid of attention? Personally I didn't mod my car to fit in with the rest, its done to stand out.
not everyone is afraid of attention. heatbags wearing dussalt want attention. ricers want attention. politicians and activists want attention, etc. its just if youre doing it right or wrong. ive seen your car around the west side quite a bit. in fact i waved at you on friday @ around 3:30 in the trafalgar area but i dont think you saw me lol.
your car sure does grab attention but its not fail like how the mm design guys do it. your car, the black paint actually looks like it belongs there. whereas the di-noc looks really out of place on the c63.

Quote:
You gotta be kidding me. Ever seen a pinstripe on a muscle car? You know where it usually is? On a body line. Why is it on the body line? To give it MORE definition.
like you said, PINSTRIPE, not a huge fucking sheet of cf vinyl slapped on the hood bro. pinstripes actually suit muscle cars because their lines are straight and the body is more square than curvy. put pinstripes on a toyota camry, toyota sienna, or even a fucking reventon.. will it suit the car? NO. it really depends what car pinstripes are on IMO. lets use carbon fibre hoods for example. cf hoods look sick on jdm front end itr's.
Spoiler!

but on mini's? NO. it really depends on what mod goes on what car.
Spoiler!

Quote:
What vinyl is on the MB? Roof and hood. No-one criticizes those who vinyl the roof, so you must mean the hood. Here's a widebody MB with the skunk stripe hood, I think it looks great. Its real CF, not matte vinyl, yet they are both going for the same look.
cause putting vinyl on the roof makes the car flow. its nice and subtle. black roofs even comes OEM for benz's, bmw's, etc. but do black hoods come oem on non black cars? not many.
the one you posted actually looks decent. however i still think the di-noc on the c63 looks out of place.

Last edited by insomniac; 05-09-2011 at 10:44 PM.
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2011, 11:46 PM   #7949
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
just a stock g37... but looks like the owner put the wrong size tires on the front

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...365324507.html
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2011, 01:12 AM   #7950
Blood tests positive for LOL mod

Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
I haven't seen a whole lot of bad cars lately. One just yesterday, white honda w/ Canucks stickers all over it, green/blue steelies, flag in each window and to top it off green/blue stripes from hood to backside

*shakes head*

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Proud member of G.R.A.P.E -- Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
Mananetwork is offline   Reply With Quote