REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   The Wire (https://www.revscene.net/forums/444192-wire.html)

liu13 04-26-2010 01:57 PM

ever heard of spoiler alerts? damn no more posting pivotal scenes

StylinRed 04-26-2010 03:38 PM

Did you guys download that Documentary about the real Avon Barksdale? (the guy who played him interviews him)

the show even had real gangsters in it, snoop was like just released from prison when she got on the show

Slifer 04-26-2010 06:32 PM

I fell asleep watching the first episode. When does it start getting good?

nns 04-26-2010 07:39 PM

Larry "Donnie" Andrews, the guy who Omar went with to Monk's apartment is who Omar is based off of IRL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slifer (Post 6926246)

The Wire isn't a show that you can appreciate while chatting on MSN, listening to music, and talking to your buddy. It requires a lot of focus. A lot of people watch the seasons over and over just to grasp details they missed the first time around (I did this).

If you're into spoon-fed dramas that basically tell you everything that's going on (EG: CSI), The Wire isn't for you.

StylinRed 04-27-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slifer (Post 6926246)

2nd-3rd season for most ppl who find it boring

but u need to give it a couple episodes (at least for me) and after that it has you glued to your seat wanting to watch every episode asap

i think it took us a week to watch the entire show lol

$_$ 06-16-2014 11:24 PM

Sorry to necro old thread but I just finished beasting through this show. Some parts are hella dark, fuck, but damn this was a good series. I can see how some hail it as best drama of all time.

This scene just might be my favorite TV scene of all time, Snoop is hella OG in every scene she's in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Local (Post 6923361)

sloansabbith 06-17-2014 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $_$ (Post 8488812)
Sorry to necro old thread but I just finished beasting through this show. Some parts are hella dark, fuck, but damn this was a good series. I can see how some hail it as best drama of all time.

This scene just might be my favorite TV scene of all time, Snoop is hella OG in every scene she's in.

I watched this series a couple years back, and to date, it is still one of my favourite shows... quite possibly the favourite.

I've read somewhere that there are universities that teach classes based on The Wire. Which makes sense, considering its socio-political storyline. (Brilliant screenplay. Absolutely Brilliant!) I loved all the dark and raw nuances of the show. (Anyone notice that D'Angelo and Cutty are now on the Walking Dead?! Or Mayor Carcetti in GOT
Spoiler!

To those above ( in the way earlier posts) who've said that The Wire is slow, I agree, but as mentioned, The Wire is like fine wine. You have to give it time, it'll be worth it.

Just for kicks, an amazing (but dated) Lego movie of all the seasons of The Wire.

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett tt"

StylinRed 06-17-2014 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $_$ (Post 8488812)

she's an actual local gangster/thug they casted (there are a few on the show i hear)

Vansterdam 06-17-2014 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloansabbith (Post 8488837)
I watched this series a couple years back, and to date, it is still one of my favourite shows... quite possibly the favourite.

I've read somewhere that there are universities that teach classes based on The Wire. Which makes sense, considering its socio-political storyline. (Brilliant screenplay. Absolutely Brilliant!) I loved all the dark and raw nuances of the show. (Anyone notice that D'Angelo and Cutty are now on the Walking Dead?! Or Mayor Carcetti in GOT
Spoiler!

To those above ( in the way earlier posts) who've said that The Wire is slow, I agree, but as mentioned, The Wire is like fine wine. You have to give it time, it'll be worth it.

Just for kicks, an amazing (but dated) Lego movie of all the seasons of The Wire.

The Wire Lego Style! - YouTube

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett tt"

holy shit totally forgot that Carcetti was Little finger lol MINDBLOWN

sloansabbith 06-17-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansterdam (Post 8488856)
holy shit totally forgot that Carcetti was Little finger lol MINDBLOWN

I know! When I watched season one of GOT when it first came out and saw Carcetti with his whores and his accent...and his moustache! I couldn't believe it haha. Versatility, amirite?!

Ch28 12-27-2014 01:41 PM

The new HD remastered editions are out!!!

nns 12-28-2014 10:28 AM

Yep been watching it since yesterday.

I've watched the short clips on youtube so many times I can probably replay most episodes in my mind.

twitchyzero 12-28-2014 05:39 PM

comparsions here
article says it's not stretched or cropped but I don't see additional objects in the frame...and the comparsion sliders make the 16:9 look worse
http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/28/7...ot-comparisons
i'll rewatch it when Blu-ray drops next summer...I lost interest after season 1 and first few episodes of season 2 but I probably need subtitles to catch all the dialogue