REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Bismark Collision Facility Review. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/448115-bismark-collision-facility-review.html)

Supafly 01-20-2007 11:31 AM

Bismark Collision Facility Review.

Nothing good to say since.

TypeRNammer 01-20-2007 12:27 PM

That's awsome, now I know where to go for my ICBC repairs.

Thanks for the review David =)

hk20000 01-20-2007 06:36 PM

nice now I need to go up and down hazelbridge and cause c9s to crash into me.

FrozenApple 05-24-2011 12:50 PM

Umm...

Recently I was involved in a accident ( dent on both driver side door) and decided to go Bismark because of this post. Well... lets just say the story is entire different from what the post says... anyways let me tell you guys my story.

May 19th 2011
I arrived at Bismark, was greeted by a guy name Alex Lam, he first examined my car and told me that it would take at least a week or two to repair, and they would provide me with a courtesy car to use while the repair is been done. After examining my car and paperwork he told me that they do not have any courtesy car available at the moment and I would have to reschedule to bring it in next Tuesday.

ok i can totally understand there is no courtesy car at the moment and the service so far has been excellent.

May 24th

9pm

I went back to Bismark, Alex Lam greeted me again to finish the final paperwork for the repair, he then asked me for my car insurance which i gladly provided even though i do not know why, he then told me he cannot lend me a courtesy car because I do not have comprehensive coverage on my insurance, and I have the choice of either paying them $10 /day or I have to add the comprehensive coverage onto my insurance. I find this kind of weird, I mean it is a courtesy car why does it require my insurance to have comprehensive coverage? but i do need a car for work and etc so i agreed to change my insurance and adding the comprehensive coverage.

11pm

I arrived at autoplan to make changes to my insurance, as i explain to them my situation and how i need comprehensive coverage in order to obtain a courtesy car, the lady looks at me and asks how come? isn't it courtesy car? why does it require your insurance? so i explained to her what Bismark told me . "our courtesy car is not ours, its from a leasing company , inorder for us to lend you the car you have to have collision and comprehensive coverage". She then called and asked around told me that this is ridiculous
and that she never heard this before. In the end she was kind enough to point me to a new repair facility where they DON"T REQUIRE your insurance for a courtesy car .

12pm

I went back to Bismark, tried to explain my findings to Alex and he looks at me and ASK me IF I NEEDED A TRANSLATOR? and i was like no, i understand and i would like to take my car elsewhere to repair, he then picks up the phone and said LET ME GET YOU A TRANSLATOR you don't understand me, SO i was thinking WTF is this why does he keep asking me if i needed a translator? just because i'm Chinese doesn't mean i don't understand what the fuck hes saying, SO i end up saying let me put this in a phrase that you do understand i dont want to repair my car here and please give me my repair sheet.

Thats the end of it.

Here's my thought
The place looks nice, but their employee Alex is very unprofessional and very disrespectful and the requirement for their courtesy car is outrageous SO IF YOU DONT HAVE collision and comprehensive coverage don't go there! , and Alex, hope you learn some manners and treat your customer with more respect even if they don't want to repair their car at Bismark.

EmperorIS 05-24-2011 12:57 PM

Your first mistake is talking to ben

dbaz 05-24-2011 01:15 PM

I got my car done there as well. Was not given a courtesy car or even originally offered one. It took about six months or so for them to complete my car, most of which was of course a wait for parts which I fully understood and was fine with. Yet I had to explain to them why they needed to get such parts as they were about to order parts that would not even fit the car properly. In the end I got my car back and the paint looked great. Ill give them credit where they deserve it. Yet the fender that they had used on the side that was damaged was a piece of shit. I had removed my bumper to install something and I got a first hand look. It was rusted to shit to the point that some of it was crumbling. What the fuck is the point if you are going to do something like that. I basically got the feeling from them that because my car isnt worth over 100k it wasnt worth their time.

ilvtofu 05-24-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenApple (Post 7445981)
Recently I was involved in a accident ( dent on both driver side door) and decided to go Bismark because of this post. Well... lets just say the story is entire different from what the post says... anyways let me tell you guys my story.

May 19th 2011
I arrived at Bismark, was greeted by a guy name Alex Lam, he first examined my car and told me that it would take at least a week or two to repair, and they would provide me with a courtesy car to use while the repair is been done. After examining my car and paperwork he told me that they do not have any courtesy car available at the moment and I would have to reschedule to bring it in next Tuesday.

ok i can totally understand there is no courtesy car at the moment and the service so far has been excellent.

May 24th

9pm

I went back to Bismark, Alex Lam greeted me again to finish the final paperwork for the repair, he then asked me for my car insurance which i gladly provided even though i do not know why, he then told me he cannot lend me a courtesy car because I do not have comprehensive coverage on my insurance, and I have the choice of either paying them $10 /day or I have to add the comprehensive coverage onto my insurance. I find this kind of weird, I mean it is a courtesy car why does it require my insurance to have comprehensive coverage? but i do need a car for work and etc so i agreed to change my insurance and adding the comprehensive coverage.

11pm

I arrived at autoplan to make changes to my insurance, as i explain to them my situation and how i need comprehensive coverage in order to obtain a courtesy car, the lady looks at me and asks how come? isn't it courtesy car? why does it require your insurance? so i explained to her what Bismark told me . "our courtesy car is not ours, its from a leasing company , inorder for us to lend you the car you have to have collision and comprehensive coverage". She then called and asked around told me that this is ridiculous
and that she never heard this before. In the end she was kind enough to point me to a new repair facility where they DON"T REQUIRE your insurance for a courtesy car .

12pm

I went back to Bismark, tried to explain my findings to Alex and he looks at me and ASK me IF I NEEDED A TRANSLATOR? and i was like no, i understand and i would like to take my car elsewhere to repair, he then picks up the phone and said LET ME GET YOU A TRANSLATOR you don't understand me, SO i was thinking WTF is this why does he keep asking me if i needed a translator? just because i'm Chinese doesn't mean i don't understand what the fuck hes saying, SO i end up saying let me put this in a phrase that you do understand i dont want to repair my car here and please give me my repair sheet.

Thats the end of it.

Here's my thought
The place looks nice, but their employee Alex is very unprofessional and very disrespectful and the requirement for their courtesy car is outrageous SO IF YOU DONT HAVE collision and comprehensive coverage don't go there! , and Alex, hope you learn some manners and treat your customer with more respect even if they don't want to repair their car at Bismark.

Your problem is time travelling, 9pm and 11pm haven't even happened yet :troll:

k3mps 05-24-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenApple (Post 7445981)

May 19th 2011

May 24th

9pm

11pm

12pm

Thats the end of it.

Here's my thought

FrozenApple
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi there. you new around here? :)

alwaysideways 05-24-2011 03:23 PM

LOL great first post!

toyota86 05-24-2011 04:55 PM

a few years ago i had a mint jdm supra but the only problem was that it had some sun damage and some light scratches. i was contemplating getting a oem lip or something like that painted as well. bismark was highly recommended so i thought i'd get a few panels sprayed and blended. i went down for a quote. i forget who i dealt with but the stuck up chinese guy i dealt with pretty much looked at my car, laughed and told me to go away. they didn't even bother coming up with a quote. my car isn't rusty, hasn't been hit, and all the body parts were oem. it just had bad paint. i told the rep exactly what i wanted done too. i found that odd they don't want to take such an easy job and they way he said it made me feel like my car wasn't good enough for them to work on. the impression they give me is that because i wasn't a sucker with a 100k car, i won't get to bring my car in. i can't speak for their work because well obviously my car was never worked on by them but to me their customer service is pretty poor.

SpuGen 05-24-2011 07:02 PM

^ Probably because it wasn't an ICBC claim, and they couldn't tack on extra hours to get paid.

I had my Civic fixed there though an ICBC claim. Good work. But they missed the Broken tierod from the accident which broke on me a few days after I got the car back. Had to pay out of my own pocket to get it fixed.

Good work? I guess.
Would I go back?
No. At least, not out of my own pocket.

frozen 05-24-2011 07:17 PM

lol, I honestly don't see anything exceptional based on the reviews. Maybe I just have a high standard and think that kind of service should be normal for any businesses that want to retain customers.

hk20000 05-25-2011 09:25 AM

Nah I had my mercedes c220 repaired there through an icbc claim I was less than impressed with the outcome. I don't recommend them at all for any virtues whatsoever.

Weeks later after I sold the car they called me back and asked to use my car for their process of becoming a c.a.r. shop or something with icbc. I laughed and hung up.
Posted via RS Mobile

Leopold Stotch 05-25-2011 12:20 PM

My experience back in 2007 was poor too.

wouldn't go back again.

death_blossom 05-25-2011 11:18 PM

I had a friend who worked there briefly as an apprentice. he said they are quite pretentious and look down on cars that are not high end. if you go there for (non-ICBC) bodywork, they will laugh at you and refuse to work on your car.

Supafly 05-26-2011 06:24 AM

Woah, talk about revisiting an old thread....after that one incident, my brother decided to take his car there....and his experience was completely opposite of mine. After how my brother was treated and how the staff at Bismark did their work, I don't believe I will be going back anytime soon.

There are far better shops with much much greater customer service in vancouver.

They have gone from 5/5 in 2007 to 2.5/5 in 2009. Honestly I think some of the chaps there are really high up on their horse....I wont name names....but we'll leave it at "the son"

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpuGen (Post 7446482)
^ Probably because it wasn't an ICBC claim, and they couldn't tack on extra hours to get paid.

I had my Civic fixed there though an ICBC claim. Good work. But they missed the Broken tierod from the accident which broke on me a few days after I got the car back. Had to pay out of my own pocket to get it fixed.

Good work? I guess.
Would I go back?
No. At least, not out of my own pocket.

Why would you even pay out of your own pocket???....I'd tow my car to their garage and dump it in their bay door and submit my bills to Walter.

SpuGen 05-27-2011 10:24 AM

^
I did.
The call to the adjustor was even made, but they both denied responsibility for it, since at the time that I got the car back, everything was "Fixed" according to Bismark.

I know exactly what you're talking about Supafly, it was a night and day difference between dealing with The Son and Father.

But I guess when one fucks up, you have to cover the other's ass.

ElantraGT 06-30-2013 12:21 PM

Found this on CL the other day. Their website has an insecure directory containing customer info. Check for your name if you had work done there: Index of /customerupdate

Bismark Collision insecure customer information - Forum Vancouver