REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 08-16-2022, 10:46 AM   #4026
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
To Lugaro's credit, they did say what I wanted simply wasn't avaialble and with no end in sight as to when they will get my specific config. I was not interested in an Oyster Perpetual, or a diamond encrusted or Roman numeral model in 41mm hence why they steered me in another direction.
Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 10:50 AM   #4027
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
To Lugaro's credit, they did say what I wanted simply wasn't avaialble and with no end in sight as to when they will get my specific config. I was not interested in an Oyster Perpetual, or a diamond encrusted or Roman numeral model in 41mm hence why they steered me in another direction.
Yeah, we were told that they just get whatever configuration they get from Rolex at this point, and the match that with the customer.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 08:08 PM   #4028
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,420 Times in 5,101 Posts
I am totally not cultured when it comes to watches, the most expensive watch I have ever owned is probably a Citizen or a titanium Seiko… I mostly buy G-Shock square faces for fashion… I’m smart (?) enough to have realized fairly quickly that I think Breitlings are not worth anywhere near what they’re priced at and Omega is a nice middle brand…

I have a question though, I see everyone talking about certain Rolex models but I looked at their website and I never heard anyone talking about the model that caught my eye right away — the Air King… I don’t even like the look of the traditional Rollies… am I just not cultured or what’s the story?

Teach me daddies.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 09:54 PM   #4029
RS Veteran

The Air King (among many other models) are hidden jewels of Rolex offerings and simply overseen by many.

The lineup has been in their catalogue since forever and (personally) one of the nicest and most versatile pilot/aviator style watches. They don't hit the used market very often simply because those who buy them keep them in a safe or keep them forever and get passed on to family.

I have only seen one in the wild and that was, coincidentally, at the Rolex Historic Race and Werks Reunion at Laguna Seca worn by a former pilot.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2022, 10:22 PM   #4030
Performance Moderator

It’s somewhat reasonably priced as far as Rolexes go… like $8500cdn? Is it impossible to get or something?
Old 08-17-2022, 06:12 AM   #4031
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,667 Times in 3,115 Posts
i dont think the Air King is as popular as the traditional Rolexseseses so theres a much higher chance you'll be getting one sooner than later.

I think its a beautiful watch and quite different from the rest of their lineup.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2022, 07:50 AM   #4032
Performance Moderator

Quote:

I have only seen one in the wild and that was, coincidentally, at the Rolex Historic Race and Werks Reunion at Laguna Seca worn by a former pilot.
That flex tho
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2022, 07:58 AM   #4033
RS Veteran

Old 08-17-2022, 08:03 AM   #4034
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
i dont think the Air King is as popular as the traditional Rolexseseses so theres a much higher chance you'll be getting one sooner than later.

I think its a beautiful watch and quite different from the rest of their lineup.
Airking doesn't get enough love and often overshadowed by their louder counterparts (no offense lowside67) like the Daytona and Submariner. If it's on your list and you find one at a dealer's inventory, I say get it. Great value for the watch itself.

Seeing as we're talking about Rolexes, check out my Batman/BLNR!
Spoiler!

Happy watch collecting!

This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2022, 08:48 AM   #4035

O shit!! Snoopbatman !!!!

How much is that ? My buddy bought a snoop marlin for 200+ usd
Old 08-17-2022, 09:13 AM   #4036
RS Veteran

I got it last year for $339 CAD before taxes. The had followed it for a while and bought it the day it was released.

I also have the Q Reissue Peanuts / Snoopy Pepsi watch.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2022, 09:33 AM   #4037
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Here's the collection now. Yes, I know I have the wrong dates set on every watch lol.

Spoiler!
buhdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2022, 09:41 AM   #4038
RS Veteran

Nice Longine! A colleague of mine had the same one and it always caught my eye. Does it get much wrist time?

Old 08-17-2022, 10:24 AM   #4039
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Nice Longine! A colleague of mine had the same one and it always caught my eye. Does it get much wrist time?
Unfortunately not... I used to work in management consulting so I wore suits pretty often but I left during COVID and joined a tech company so I no longer wear suits nor even go into the office anymore lol. Also, all the complications are a huuuuuge pain in the ass to set up again when the watch stops.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2022, 10:27 AM   #4040
Performance Moderator

Yah that Longines is nice, much like
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2022, 11:25 AM   #4041
RS Veteran

Was just speaking to sales rep at Lugaro and said the DJ I wanted is at a store. I call the Rolex reps at Park Royal and they now tell me no such watch exists in their inventory. What a tease!

Old 08-18-2022, 08:11 AM   #4042

Quote:
Originally Posted by buhdeh View Post
Here's the collection now. Yes, I know I have the wrong dates set on every watch lol.

Spoiler!
beautiful collection!
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2022, 01:17 PM   #4043
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
I was at Ann Louise yesterday looking at that Longines master moonphase chrono except with a blue dial. So much bang for the buck at 3K esp if you're a watch guy. Considering it as gift to myself from my cut of helping a watch collector/hoarder restore and sell off his "junk" pile of 150+ watches

Spoiler!
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 01:22 PM   #4044
Performance Moderator

Wow that's amazing! Where did you sell most of them?
Old 08-18-2022, 02:36 PM   #4045
rb
Network Admin Team

thanks. Sold most on fb, cl and ebay. Met some regulars that would msg to see the which pieces I had finished restoring which helped immensely in getting rid of everything
Old 08-18-2022, 02:52 PM   #4046
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Let me know if there’s a vintage omega constellation or sea master in there lol.
Old 08-18-2022, 02:55 PM   #4047
Performance Moderator

I see a tonne of Seiko's when I blew the photo up... pretty cool!!

I would take a picture of my watch collection, but it's all funky G-Shocks and a few other random brands lol
Old 08-18-2022, 10:21 PM   #4048
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Was looking for a GMT that wasn't a Rolex. Longines Zulu Time GMT. Quick release bracelet so I can put it on a NATO.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2022, 04:27 AM   #4049
rb
Network Admin Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post

I would take a picture of my watch collection, but it's all funky G-Shocks and a few other random brands lol
You should Post em' up. As with cars, every watch collector started somewhere and there was always a g-shock and random brands in the mix.

My doctors, chiro and rehab therapists all have 50K+ watch collections but they also love their g-shocks and talking g-shocks. Even repaired a few for them so they wouldn't scratch up their nicer pieces working on a peasant like me lol
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2022, 04:37 AM   #4050
rb
Network Admin Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I received a wooden watch as a gift and I need to have a couple links removed from it for it to fit properly. It looks like the pins just get gently tapped out but there's no directional marking. Is that something that's safe to DIY or is that a bad idea?
Post a pic. Even without a directional marking, a link pin remover (or even a sim card tray tool) should push and reveal enough of the pin to see the type. There's the typical pin and sometimes, there's a straight rod like type with a collar on the link itself. Both are very doable DIY even with a set of pliers, flat surface and a thumb tack

If you're ever in Coquitlam/Port Moody, I can do it for you but I see that you're in the Okanagan
This post thanked by: