REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Photography Lab

Photography Lab THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
A place to display digital masterpieces, enhance photography skills, photoshop, and share photo tips with one another...

Old 07-31-2007, 07:37 AM   #26
I bringith the lowerballerith

what's the "program"?
Advertisement

Other than that, sorry.. we all suck - there are no GOOD photographers here. We just like cameras. kthanksbye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
Personally speaking i would have cum inside her and then eat that pussy till she cums some more and then fucked her more
[HuCk DuCk] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:23 PM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally posted by [HuCk DuCk]
what's the "program"?
i have no idea, that's why i was asking

those bastards are prolly just screwing around with me.

I STILL don't have my camera back, and am calling tomorrow, AS instructed. If it's still not ready, i'm gonna ask to speak to the manager... this is bullshit
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #28
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

My drunk friend dropped my girlfriend's Casio Exilim digicam and it landed so that the extended part of the lens (the "shaft") hit the ground and now it won't go back in straight.

Anyone know roughly how much to fix this? Or should I just start shopping for another camera?
My RS Buy/Sell Feedback
CRiXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #29
Blood tests positive for LOL mod

Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CRiXy
My drunk friend dropped my girlfriend's Casio Exilim digicam and it landed so that the extended part of the lens (the "shaft") hit the ground and now it won't go back in straight.

Anyone know roughly how much to fix this? Or should I just start shopping for another camera?
Call up one of those places first, they could give you a quote right over the phone. If you must, drop it off at the repair shop, wait for a quote, and if it's to high then buy another camera

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Proud member of G.R.A.P.E -- Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
Mananetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #30
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
CAMTEX is getting out of the film camera repair business I heard.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:29 PM   #31
I am on the internets

nope.. no such plans

We're actually thinking of sponsoring RS

Last edited by maxx; 02-11-2008 at 07:32 PM.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:59 PM   #32
HELP ME PLS!!!

i took mine to camtex. he had it fixed for me in about 30mins. i'm actually pretty happy with their service
Old 06-18-2008, 03:22 PM   #33
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebulb View Post
FYI, Camtex has the worse customer service that I've ever experienced in my life. Took them 3 weeks to tell me that my flash need more time to get fixed.
Blah, I have to 2nd this their customer service is horrible!!!! I dropped my flash off 3 weeks ago the guy there told me he would call in 3-4days with my estimate. Fast forward 2 weeks I think damn still haven't heard from them so I give them a ring the person on the phone tells me the service guy is out and he'll call me back when he gets back in. Fast forward another week i'm thinking "Damn 3 weeks for an estimate" so I call again the lady tell me she'll find out what's going on where she proceeds to put the phone on the desk for 10mins while I hear her chatting and doing everything else but checking 2 see what's going on with my flash. I now know why their phone is always busy, apparently this is common practice for them just put the phone on the desk till u hang up. I decided to just pick up my flash from them same day I called but when I got there asking for my flash back she tells me "It's already been fixed" WTF? I said I didn't even get a quote! Luckily it wasn't 2 expensive but I wouldn't have had a say in the matter anyways since they fixed it without confirming it with me. When I questioned her about how I didn't even give the go-ahead she proceeded 2 tell me how when I brought it in the salesman gave me the repair price which was BS how could he know what would need 2 be fixed, she also said to me "When u called earlier I didn't pick the phone back up because I knew u knew how much it would cost" WTF is that supposed 2 mean? utter BS

end vent
Old 08-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #34
I am Hook'd on RS

I need to have my canon digital lens repaired, it just doesn't slide in and out as it once did. Anyone have any suggestions where is the best place to take it that i'm not going to get screwed?? I'd like to find a place local (tri-cities), but i work downtown so if need be i can go there too. thanks for the help.
Rockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #35
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Brought my camera in at the Nikon service center to get the sensor, focusing screen and prism cleaned, service at the counter was great and the first cleaning was free but it came back dirtier than I brought it in, I now have black dust on the prism now, going to bring it back, I believe having a camera cleaned costs about $80.00
ak1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #36
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
Could anyone tell me where i could take my XTi to get fixed? It basically just doesn't turn on. Of course the battery if fully charged. Everything is closed ect. Any other hints? Or a place i could take it to other than sending it into Canon?

thanks!
Old 10-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #37
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostslut View Post
Could anyone tell me where i could take my XTi to get fixed? It basically just doesn't turn on. Of course the battery if fully charged. Everything is closed ect. Any other hints? Or a place i could take it to other than sending it into Canon?

thanks!
I just sent my Lense off to canon a week ago, in less then a week they fixed it for $85 and it should be back in my hands in a couple days. I thought about sending it somewhere local but didm't want to get screwed around with a shady repair place. Canons service center is in Calgary so it's not that far.

Other then that you could try some of the shops listed???
Rockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #38
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Does anyone know if any of these shops fix IS issues? I can't remember where I read this but I had heard that only Canon fixes IS issues and most other shops don't even touch it.

My 17-55 f2.8 is giving the infamous vibrating IS unit problem...was hoping to find someone local because I really want to use it at my friend's wedding...may just have to shoot without IS this weekend and send it in afterwards!

EDIT: DUH! I should read the rest of the thread. A bunch of people mentioned it earlier on. Me fails reading....off to Canon it shall go.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #39
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Has anyone ever sent in anything to Nikon for servicing? My SD-8A flash battery pack just died, only used it 3 times after buying it 3 months ago.

Took it to the Richmond Nikon service center and they only service cameras and everything else is sent back to the head office. And of course they can't give me an ETA.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:02 AM   #40
ddr
Snapping away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwilder View Post
I just sent my Lense off to canon a week ago, in less then a week they fixed it for $85 and it should be back in my hands in a couple days. I thought about sending it somewhere local but didm't want to get screwed around with a shady repair place. Canons service center is in Calgary so it's not that far.

Other then that you could try some of the shops listed???
Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
EDIT: DUH! I should read the rest of the thread. A bunch of people mentioned it earlier on. Me fails reading....off to Canon it shall go.
What mail service did you guys use to send it to Canon in Calgary and how much was it? my 17-55 zoom creeps =(
Old 12-14-2009, 04:35 AM   #41
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

I sent it via fedex ground insured for the replacement value. Don't remember how much it cost though.
Posted via RS Mobile
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:50 AM   #42
ddr
Snapping away

hhhmm.... I'm just debating how fast they can get this done, since xmas is coming up.

anyone want to help me out and evaluate if there's anything wrong with my 17-55 before I send it in so I can request they look at those things? do I just ask for a calibration? maybe I can bring the camera and lens and show one of you when you're free. pm me. tia

Last edited by ddr; 12-14-2009 at 11:28 PM.
ddr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #43
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Hmm, my SD960 canon has something broken in the lens that won't let it move, i'm guessing some sort of motor so it doesn't open anymore... I brought it to future shop where I bought it and they said I have to send it to toronto to do the warranty work. Are there any options to get this fixed locally even if I have to pay?
I think i'll be avoiding canon PS if I have to send it to toronto to get fixed from now on, but I seem to get one every year... :S oh well still have my G7 and 40D hope they don't fail on me...
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #44
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Have any ofyou guys gotten the error5 message on your canons? On my xsi, my pop up flash doesnt seem to pop up anymore for some reason any way to fix this?
Tia!
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #45
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

My Tokina 11-16 has something rattling inside it, are there any local shops that can take a look at it /repair / send it off to Tokina for me?

K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #46
MT
Banned (ABWS)

Any suggestions on where to fix the lens?
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #47
VLS Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dub View Post
My Tokina 11-16 has something rattling inside it, are there any local shops that can take a look at it /repair / send it off to Tokina for me?

We can send it in for you at Beau, but you can also send it in yourself to Daymen in Toronto. Sorry, I didn't see your post until today...hopefully it's not too late.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #48
VLS Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT View Post
Any suggestions on where to fix the lens?
What lens?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #49
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4ever View Post
We can send it in for you at Beau, but you can also send it in yourself to Daymen in Toronto. Sorry, I didn't see your post until today...hopefully it's not too late.
I'll come find you in January. Thanks Senna!
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #50
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
hey guys
my d90 has that common problem where the grip on the back of the camera starts to peel.
googled it and everyone just said to put superglue on it
are there any alternatives or is superglue the only way to go?
are there any steps or advice i should keep in mind?

im selling my camera soon so i cant fuck up on this. losing interest in photography and i spent almost 3 times as much on camera gear than i first expected (started taking photography up as a hobby 2 months ago).