REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Moderator Bios (https://www.revscene.net/forums/487709-moderator-bios.html)

skidmark 08-18-2007 11:27 AM

Moderator Bios

zulutango

Thanks for taking the time to see a bit of the new Cop behind the call sign. I'm what was known as a "Career Traffic Man". I worked RCMP Traffic Services on Vancouver Island and have been for over 16 years until I retired in 2009. I've been part of the RCMP since 1980 now, in one form or another. I'm trained in Radar & Laser, Accident Investigation Level 2, RSD, SFST and many other specific Traffic-related skills and I have tendered "expert" evidence (Traffic specific) for Supreme Court trials. The Supreme Court of BC has deemed me an "expert" in the areas of motorcycle operation and safe riding techniques. I am also employed by a Provincial Govt branch as as a SME (subject matter expert) in the field of motorcycle safety and training.

I designed and taught the RCMP Police Motorcycle Operator course as a Senior Instructor, and am the former National Director of Rider Education for an international motorcycle club. In addition,I'm a licensed Class 6 and 8 Driving Instructor and I teach as an Instructor for several well known driving schools. I teach class 5, 7, and GLP with Young Drivers of Canada and I also teach advanced motorcycle courses for my own company.

I have designed and presented safe driving seminars, and instructed, in Canada and the US.
My past exploits include Rallying, Gymkhana, even had a CASC Competition License and circuit raced cars and motorcycles, drag raced both and off road raced MX till I finally admitted how much it hurt when the ground jumped up and bit me one time too many. I actually own one of the founding shares in one of the first car & motorcycle race tracks built in Eastern Canada.

I'm a "Car Guy" and "motorcycle nut" and I enjoyed working with fast cars and motorcycles. I use my experience and training, on and off the job, to help try to train & educate drivers & riders so that less of us end up getting hurt. I heard about Revscene from Skidmark and hope that I can be of assistance as a resource for you.

Spiker

13 yrs with VPD
7 yrs dog handler
Graduate of Bob Bondurant Race School.
Road raced for 6 yrs
1998 Novice of the year SCCBC
3rd Place SCCBC Endurance Championship 1998{Finished every race }
Ran SCCBC Invitational 2001 Nissan 200 sx{finished18th I think}
Ran SCCBC Invitational 2003 G1 Teg {Sponsored by PACER}
Running this year in the West Coast Sport Car Series in the 200 SX again.

A few other trophy,s at Mission road course for podium finishes over the years.
Completed the 6r enduro at Portland in the old 200 sx.

Here are some sites I like to visit
The Sports Car Club of British Columbia Official Website (SCCBC)
Confederation of Autosport Car Clubs
UBCSCC - The University of British Columbia Sports Car Club {crazy fun with these guys}
VCMC Motorsport Club Forums - Sponsored by PDM Racing - Latest {great people to learn with.}
International Conference of Sports Car Clubs I some times race in thier RS class
Sports Car Club of America Forums, SCCA News, SCCA Racing, and Discussion Boards
Rants - Autoextremist.com ~ the bare-knuckled, unvarnished, high octane truth...

Hows that

Oh,.,I just came in from the garage.Im putting in a new Nissan comp header on the 200 sx.

Pacer

Just to give all of you a back ground about me....

I am a member of the RCMP and have been for almost 20 years. I am currently in charge of the Richmond Traffic Services Unit.

I worked in Northern Saskatchewan for 9 yrs before moving to Richmond. I have been in the Richmond Traffic Section for over 12 years. (the longest current serving member)

I am also a Collsion Analyst (not as long as skidmark but I can answer and have training in most of the same areas as he)
I teach several topics, including Radar, Laser, RSD (roadside screening devices), Breathalyzers, and EVO (emergency vehicle operations).

I have training in all of the above noted topics. Plus I am a Comercial Vehicle Inspector, Standard Field Sobriety Tester, and a Police Motor Cycle operator. I have training in and operate several other types of vehicles.

I am and have been an avid car person for years and have owned a few modified vehicles. I am new to the Import scene but I am trying to learn. I became involved in the PACER program several years ago as I saw a need for more education in this area and the PACER program seemed to be a good place to start. (it was already developed and had major sponsors). Since this prgram has since disapeared, I assisted in the creation of RTR (resist the race). I am also trying to develop some training and educational presentations that will be of value to teens and people in the import scene as well.

I will be leaving the majority of the replies to Skidmark and I will try to answer question relating directly to the Lower Mainland and Richmond as best I can.

Thank You.