REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Good shoe repair places in the city? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/490429-good-shoe-repair-places-city.html)

Tapioca 09-03-2007 01:20 PM

Good shoe repair places in the city?

Since there are so many shoe repair places around, does anyone have any recommendations of a good place?

I have a pair of thin, leather soled shoes that need some work. I've neglected the heel and it's worn down past the rubber. Also, there's a small spot on the leather sole that's nearly worn down. Since I only paid about 100 bucks for these shoes, will the work required be worth keeping them?

keitaro 09-03-2007 07:20 PM

the guy at grandvew hwy superstore (inside beside the subway) did a pretty good job on work shoes before. I'd go back if i had other shoe problems.

babyshortie 09-03-2007 08:53 PM

if u really love them and can't find another great pair u'd love just as much..then spend the money to fix em up

my dog chewed the leather heel on my favorite pumps and i searched around for quite some time to find another perfect pair but couldn't. i ended up taking it to the shoe repair at oakridge and got a whole new heel made, cost $50 just for that..but at least i have my favorite irreplaceable shoes back

the guy there does a really good job, i have a pair of black leather boots that i wore to death for work...had to get the heel tips replaced and brought them to him also. he changed the heel and on top of that fixed all the peeling leather all over my boots, shined and polished them for me too. i didn't even ask..when i went to pick them up..he showed me..they looked brand new again!

flameboy54 09-04-2007 06:08 PM

theres the shoe repair guy on kingsway and earles, across from the purdys factory. hes been there for ages. my family goes there to get everything done: heels, re-soling workboots, even punching extra holes in my belt.

BaBiE_Bee 05-04-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameboy54 (Post 5423132)
theres the shoe repair guy on kingsway and earles, across from the purdys factory. hes been there for ages. my family goes there to get everything done: heels, re-soling workboots, even punching extra holes in my belt.

Are the prices reasonable there?

What about the place in the Grandview Superstore?

Thanks!

gabbergabber 05-04-2010 03:27 PM

Dayton on hastings is known for their leather boots, I think they do repair too.

CD5 05-04-2010 07:58 PM

Kim's Shoe Repair on 969 Hornby Street by the Earls. He does amazing work. He even does contract work for Louis Vuitton store. (604) 568-5211