REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #551
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
BMW Airheads!

I was looking into getting a /6 but realized they are way too tall for me. That and it won't fit into my garage so I had to nix the idea altogether.
This bike is ridiculously tall. It actually sits higher that my Dads 07 Harley Ultra Classic. But for touring, it’s a great bike for 6 hour + rides. The faring is huge, but protects so well I have gotten away with dry jeans in a rain storm before.

My biggest complaint, power and weight. Of course more power would be nice, and weight in that it’s almost too light in wind because of the faring size. Ride through some good side wind, that faring just turns the thing into a kite, pushes you all over the damn place to the point of it getting a little hairy.

Looking into a new seat now as the OEM one is a bit too hard. Some other touch ups that I’m hoping to get to over the winter.

Im drooling over the Yamaha pics lol.
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2011, 02:35 PM   #552
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
There was a nice cafe conversion on a /5 on Craigslist this past summer.

Asking price was high $6K and I don't think the guy was going to budge. A little over priced in my opinion, especially for a /5 when for the same price, you get much more with a /6. Well maintained at Shail's too but too bad these guys were sitting on their laurels.

So far, I'm happy with my purchase.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 11-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #553

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
There was a nice cafe conversion on a /5 on Craigslist this past summer.

Asking price was high $6K and I don't think the guy was going to budge. A little over priced in my opinion, especially for a /5 when for the same price, you get much more with a /6. Well maintained at Shail's too but too bad these guys were sitting on their laurels.

So far, I'm happy with my purchase.
I actually saw it, was priced too high i think as well. REALLY nice looking though, would have loved to have owned it. The white one, right? A friend up North was thinking about buying it, dont think he did though.

Shails is awsome. I love being able to buy brand new parts from BMW for my 25 year old bike. I cant find brand new parts for my 10 year old Hondas.

I just read through your build thread. How the hell did you get a collector plate for that? My BMW is BONE stock, and I had to apply TWICE, was denied the first time. WTF??? Im was considering moving to the S faring for the front, but only havent done it becouse of the collector plate.

It really must just depend on who gets your file. I couldnt belive it when mine was turned down the first time. The bike is damn near mint.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #554
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91civicZC View Post
I actually saw it, was priced too high i think as well. REALLY nice looking though, would have loved to have owned it. The white one, right? A friend up North was thinking about buying it, dont think he did though.

Shails is awsome. I love being able to buy brand new parts from BMW for my 25 year old bike. I cant find brand new parts for my 10 year old Hondas.

I just read through your build thread. How the hell did you get a collector plate for that? My BMW is BONE stock, and I had to apply TWICE, was denied the first time. WTF??? Im was considering moving to the S faring for the front, but only havent done it becouse of the collector plate.

It really must just depend on who gets your file. I couldnt belive it when mine was turned down the first time. The bike is damn near mint.
I can't remember if it was white. I'm pretty sure it was black. The photos of the bike were in the guy's garage or workshop for sure.

That's one thing I like about BMW. They still make parts for their cars and bikes even when they're way beyond the product life cycle.

What did they deny you on for the bike? I was very careful applying as I've been through the process far too many times after being denied time after time after time.

You have to make sure everything matches. One bad decal/sticker, missing a bracket of some sort, or whatever - you're instantly denied. They pick on the dumbest of details.

I managed to qualify because everything on the bike was model and era specific. I had all the proof and details to back up the bike conforming to ICBC's approved Collector Plate upgrade list. There are certain things you are allowed to upgrade pending they fall within the same era and model of the bike such as the shocks - this is allowed. The seat was SR500 specific and made during the same year as the bike's production. Again, I had all the proof to show ICBC.

To avoid disappointment, I made photocopies of all the receipts of my bike (I love the previous owners for this) and included them in my application. I also left a note in the application to call Dave and Darcy @ Cypress Motorbike for references as they helped me do the restoration and to verify the parts were all correct.

It's a pain in the ass. I've dealt with the Specialty Plates Team for almost 6 years. I know what they look for and what kind of silly tricks they've got up their sleeve. I had to be VERY careful with this application. For what it's worth, that team has I believe only 6 or 8 people. One thing I learned over the years and this is the one that pisses me off the most - they are extremely picky with cosmetics.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 11-22-2011, 06:19 AM   #555

They actually denied it because they wrote down “scratches to paint” and circled the front fender and the faring.

The only problem was that in the picture, there was no way you could have made out any scratches if there was any.

I called the person up and asked about it, he basically told me “just resend it, it will probably pass” which translated to me as “we just wanted to waste your time and ours, because we won’t be making much money off you”. I wasn’t happy, but sent in two new pictures, didn’t change a thing. I didnt even wash it this time, and it passed.

No big deal, I have it now, not going to worry about it. Looking forward to spring!
Old 11-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #556
RS Veteran

^
Yes!

They love pulling that card. I've had that pulled on me several times with my Alfa Romeo Spider and one of my Vespa scooters.

Regardless, you got the plate so that's all that matters. I know there are a few guys on this forum who have a classic bikes (Alphamale and doboy come to mind.)

Can't wait still the new year!

Old 11-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #557
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

085.jpg

my bikes ... but they are hibernating
Old 11-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #558
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by fT-z33wor View Post
No homie, its just stock cover, but I've been looking at the exposed ones
"exposed" ones...must be new to ducati ..haha
"open clutch cover" is what you are looking for.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #559
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,273 Times in 275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlowSS View Post
"exposed" ones...must be new to ducati ..haha
"open clutch cover" is what you are looking for.
that's what I meant oops
Old 11-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #560
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-EK View Post
Attachment 9079

my bikes ... but they are hibernating
nice ruck lets ride next season!
Old 11-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaemc View Post
nice ruck lets ride next season!
thx! what do ya ride?
Old 11-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #562

ive got a stock ruck with a polini variator. i need some help with my ruck for the next season the speeds been dipping slowly.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #563

ohhh i dont have too much on mine either ... i got pc20 carb, posh cdi and yoshi exhaust ... goes about 75ish on flats
Old 11-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #564

LOL before i was doing 65 on flats now its dipped down to about 55. I need help with "rejetting" it or smth like that.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #565
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
run a touch of seafoam thru it, if it needs cleaning at all that would be a symptom and this'll help clear it out.

worked wonders on my '78 GS400

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Old 11-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #566
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
i hear some people put 125 motors in those things? must be pretty fun to ride with extra oomph
Old 11-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #567

^ Hehe I was considering doing that. I guess I should get my bike lisence first and then decide.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #568

just insured today. couldn't stand the riders withdrawal anymore LOL
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #569
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,756 Times in 278 Posts
^ warrior

still got snows on my car

I won't be insuring my bike until may

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion
Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #570
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
im waiting till the sun comes out to play

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 01-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #571

Insured til Feb14th, probably will renew on that day hahahahah.

Went out for a ride in -12 on that one cold night last week, I think Wednesday.. swear I lost some sensitivity in my fingers after that one
Old 01-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #572

LOL beeeeeast

edit: just got home in the freezing rain. im soaked to shits but i have the biggest grin on my face from hearing my exhaust

Last edited by CharlieH; 01-25-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #573

^Spotted CharlieH!!!

Going eastbound on Broadway between Willow & Heather

I was in a blue civic coupe, rolled down my windows to hear that exhaust and u did not disappoint. Then u started tailgating a police cruiser. Rock on man hahah.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #574

^

LOLLLL i noticed the civic! rode around everywhere to run errands today, had soooo much fun hahaha.

was super nice out today
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #575
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

^ Did you happen to go by aberdeen around 4ish today? Cause I think I saw a blue gsxr
Closed Thread