REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/autobody-lighting-structural-tech_192/)
-   -   Cracked windshield, where to fix? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/527540-cracked-windshield-where-fix.html)

q0192837465 04-17-2008 07:03 PM

Cracked windshield, where to fix?

So I have big crack in my windshield. Insurance is gonna cover it so I only pay deductible. Can anyone suggest a reputable place to get it replaced? Or should I just go back to Brian Jessel & tell them to fix it.

TIA

XTC_604_DKNY 04-17-2008 08:13 PM

just go back to the dealership if insurance is going to cover it.
might as well get back a oem windshield.

godwin 04-17-2008 08:33 PM

I like Anvil glass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by q0192837465 (Post 5813007)
So I have big crack in my windshield. Insurance is gonna cover it so I only pay deductible. Can anyone suggest a reputable place to get it replaced? Or should I just go back to Brian Jessel & tell them to fix it.

TIA

GhettoRS 04-19-2008 05:46 PM

OEM glass is the best glass for your car as far as I know. I would HATE to end up with a lesser quality windshield. That glass is responsible for a TON of the support for your roof in a situation like a rollover or whatever.

Just wouldn't chance it.

khaltire 04-30-2008 12:25 PM

If I have damage that needs to replace my windshield, dont I have to take it to one of ICBC's glass shops?

I want OEM Honda glass.. so I wanted to take it to the dealership.

Or can I go to say, Speedy or Broco, and tell them I want OEM Honda glass?

godwin 04-30-2008 01:02 PM

AFAIK ICBC only covers a certain amount for glass.. if your OE glass cost more and you want
OE you have to pay the difference.

Places like Anvil etc brings in OE glass.. My X5's windshield chipped and I looked up the replacement cost it was like 1300 because of the sensor.

godwin 04-30-2008 01:04 PM

OEM != OE

OEM Original Equipment Maker.. ie manufacturer that makes parts for the manufacturer but branded as their own.. eg Pagid pads are OEM for BMW.. but they still sell Pagid pads.

OE = Original Equipment.. ie branded as manufacturer's product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhettoRS (Post 5815722)
OEM glass is the best glass for your car as far as I know. I would HATE to end up with a lesser quality windshield. That glass is responsible for a TON of the support for your roof in a situation like a rollover or whatever.

Just wouldn't chance it.

q0192837465 01-28-2009 12:19 PM

is winter a good season to replace the windshield? I'm afraid that the cold weather may cause the glue or wutever they use to not dry properly and cause leaks/rattles later on.