REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #101
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
^ really there is nothing sweeter then seeing your ball go 65 feet dead on where your aiming it :P thats pretty much why i spent the extra on the ego

and also to shut up all the geeks who love to hate on noobs and people just learning the sport who could only dream of having my setup
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #102
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

so does anyone know where the field is?
so-ezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #103

it's on the road going to the ferry's the very last set of lights you take a left

also i think Panther has a speedball field too

Google is your friend
Old 04-30-2008, 10:08 PM   #104
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Google Maps is your friend
fixed .
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #105
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Here's mine.

Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #106

nice i like it, does the A5 use the same loader as X7? looks the same also do u have the cyclone feeder?
Old 05-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #107
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
nice i like it, does the A5 use the same loader as X7? looks the same also do u have the cyclone feeder?
bothe the A5 and the X7 use the cyclone feed, the only difference is that the X7 has a low profile offset hopper and the A5 has the drum style (factory setup) and that the X7 has a more efficent front exhaust port for the feeder making it work slightly better and the internal paddles are softer resulting in less ball breaks in the X7
Eternal_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #108

Quote:
loader as in hopper? If so, yes though I had to buy the "low profile hopper" as an accesory though, wheras with the X7, it comes standard.

And yup, just like the X7, I also have the cyclone feeder. Though from what I hear, the X7's cyclone has a faster bps capability in comparison to the A5's. I haven't owned one yet so I can't confirm it.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #109
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_SiR View Post
let me know how u like it, i've hear good and bad things about it.. but just wanted some user opinions.
It'll be hard for me to give you an accurate review because I've heard the 98 Custom's stock barrel is pretty shitty.

Is there any good loaders you guys recommend that isn't too expensive?
Old 05-02-2008, 07:50 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
It'll be hard for me to give you an accurate review because I've heard the 98 Custom's stock barrel is pretty shitty.

Is there any good loaders you guys recommend that isn't too expensive?

get a cyclone feed with the X7 low profile hopper. I picked mine up for like $70... but i think u can get it even cheaper at PBL Inc . they got for $59.95.. but my suggestion is to get the squishy paddles for the feeder.. its suppose to reduce chances of ball breaks when your hopper runs low.. with a cyclone feeder.. the kickback of the loading mechanism sometimes kicks balls around.. so if it kicks in the wrong position it might crack a ball. So the squishy ones will flex to reduce that chance.

Last edited by Eternal_SiR; 05-02-2008 at 07:56 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:04 AM   #111

Just a little eye candy for the mil-sim fans.

Here's one Tippman owner's armory. (Though I think he may have sold some of these guns already)

Link to thread: http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a...ID=169760&PN=1

I think there's a few close ups of some of those guns in that thread.

In this thread, a tippman owner handbuilds himself an M200 kit out of his Tippman A5. Pictures of his step by step assembly are displayed.

http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a...718&PN=1&TPN=3
Old 05-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #112
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Just a little eye candy for the mil-sim fans.

Here's one Tippman owner's armory. (Though I think he may have sold some of these guns already)

Link to thread: http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a...ID=169760&PN=1
cute doggah!
Old 05-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #113
i like gifs

Quote:
get a cyclone feed with the X7 low profile hopper. I picked mine up for like $70... but i think u can get it even cheaper at PBL Inc . they got for $59.95.. but my suggestion is to get the squishy paddles for the feeder.. its suppose to reduce chances of ball breaks when your hopper runs low.. with a cyclone feeder.. the kickback of the loading mechanism sometimes kicks balls around.. so if it kicks in the wrong position it might crack a ball. So the squishy ones will flex to reduce that chance.
I went to paintballgear.ca's store on Boundary Rd and the guy said the Cyclone won't work with the 98 Custom so I ended up with some cheapo viewloader
Old 05-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #114

Quote:
I went to paintballgear.ca's store on Boundary Rd and the guy said the Cyclone won't work with the 98 Custom so I ended up with some cheapo viewloader
serious? it says right on the box "for 98 Custom and 98 Custom Pro"
Old 05-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #115
B&S Sexy mod

there a different cyclone feed system for the 98 custom, the one off the a5/x7 isnt transferrable to the 98
stevo911_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:48 PM   #116
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo911_ View Post
there a different cyclone feed system for the 98 custom, the one off the a5/x7 isnt transferrable to the 98

ehhh....where can i go to get one that works?

btw do you guys leave your Co2 tanks connected to your gun or do you detach them after use? Is there a proper way of detaching the Co2 tank after it has been connected?

Last edited by Ch28; 05-03-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:38 PM   #117

Quote:
ehhh....where can i go to get one that works?

btw do you guys leave your Co2 tanks connected to your gun or do you detach them after use? Is there a proper way of detaching the Co2 tank after it has been connected?
http://www.buypbl-paintball.com/cgi-...quipement=1570

the location in Surrey has it in stock, i was there yesterday and saw it hanging on the wall.

I always disconnect my tank after use... if not u puts alot of stress on the internals for a long period of time.. on my co2 tank, there is an on/off switch.. so for when i undo mine, i turn it off then screw it off.. if yours doesn't have it then just screw it out.

BTW: did you S/N use to be CH28_Dude?

Last edited by Eternal_SiR; 05-03-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:45 PM   #118
i like gifs

Quote:
http://www.buypbl-paintball.com/cgi-...quipement=1570

the location in Surrey has it in stock, i was there yesterday and saw it hanging on the wall.

I always disconnect my tank after use... if not u puts alot of stress on the internals for a long period of time.. on my co2 tank, there is an on/off switch.. so for when i undo mine, i turn it off then screw it off.. if yours doesn't have it then just screw it out.

BTW: did you S/N use to be CH28_Dude?
My Pure Energy 16oz tank doesn't have an on/off switch so I just unplugged it from the remote coil.

I'm asking because I saw the guy at paintballgear.ca's store today taking it off differently. The gun wasn't using a remote coil so he would unscrew it a bit and fire the gun for 2 seconds (without paintballs) and continue to unscrew. He repeated that until the bottle was fully off so I just wanted to make sure that there isn't any proper technique to doing it.

Nice...buypbl-paintball's burnaby location is 5 minutes from my house

Yeah I use to be ch28 dude. I remember the VLS bbq meet we had at your house years ago

Last edited by Ch28; 05-03-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:16 PM   #119
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
My Pure Energy 16oz tank doesn't have an on/off switch so I just unplugged it from the remote coil.

I'm asking because I saw the guy at paintballgear.ca's store today taking it off differently. The gun wasn't using a remote coil so he would unscrew it a bit and fire the gun for 2 seconds (without paintballs) and continue to unscrew. He repeated that until the bottle was fully off so I just wanted to make sure that there isn't any proper technique to doing it.

Nice...buypbl-paintball's burnaby location is 5 minutes from my house

Yeah I use to be ch28 dude. I remember the VLS bbq meet we had at your house years ago
yeah the reason why he was doing that so when the tank is fully off it doesn't put too much stress on the O-ring on the tank. if you just unscrew it you'll hear a pop but if you dry fire while unscrewing it, it will still pop but just not as loud and it saves you're O-ring for another day.
Jakaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:18 AM   #120
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakaj View Post
yeah the reason why he was doing that so when the tank is fully off it doesn't put too much stress on the O-ring on the tank. if you just unscrew it you'll hear a pop but if you dry fire while unscrewing it, it will still pop but just not as loud and it saves you're O-ring for another day.
so does that mean I should follow that same procedure for taking off my Co2 tank even if I'm using a remote coil?
Old 05-04-2008, 07:04 AM   #121

Quote:
so does that mean I should follow that same procedure for taking off my Co2 tank even if I'm using a remote coil?
well if you have a remote coil, then what you should do isunscrew the push pin on the remote coil, then try fire till the gun is out of air.. then unscrew everything
Old 05-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #122

yea please ppl when on the field and walking off unscrewing your tank, please fire your gun after you've taken off the tank and before walking out of the staging area

i almost took out my buddies eye when i was still using my Ion because it had like 2 shots left of air in it still like 5 minutes after i unscrewed the tank
Old 05-16-2008, 05:03 PM   #123
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Finally got a picture, I ended up getting the Mini.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:18 AM   #124

Just an update.

Marker Mod 1.

Marker Mod 2.

The difference is I'm running 2 different barrels depending on the mod. #1 has the Flatline system. #2 has the 32 Degree Carbon Fibre. Anyways, aesthetically speaking, which do you prefer?

Last edited by Noir; 08-11-2008 at 02:20 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:17 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Just an update.

Marker Mod 1.

Marker Mod 2.

The difference is I'm running 2 different barrels depending on the mod. #1 has the Flatline system. #2 has the 32 Degree Carbon Fibre. Anyways, aesthetically speaking, which do you prefer?
nice.. awsome looking A5.. definately like the carbon barrel or m16 look..
how do you like the flatline vs the carbon barrel?