REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Top Chef (https://www.revscene.net/forums/535059-top-chef.html)

enosun 06-13-2008 11:39 PM

Top Chef

well season 4 was quite a disappointment, the finale was horrible. I wonder if theres gonna be a season 5 now...

Grandmaster TSE 02-20-2009 12:41 AM

anyone else watching season 5????

i know there might not be a lot of people watching it seeing how most of you guys seem to prefer hell's kitchen

but top chef is great!!!!

Spoon 02-20-2009 05:16 AM

Though Season 4 was a tad dissapointing at the end (cuz Richard chocked!), Season 5 has been great.

In the Part1-Finale, I loved how they threw Jeff back in. The guy cooked his heart out and it also made the other chefs raise their game. In the end, it seemed like Stephan should've gone home instead of Fabio though. Have a feeling they kept him on cause it wouldn't be much of a final without him; and I would have to agree.

Right now I'm routing for Carla. Not cause I think Stephan couldn't take it, but it would be so much fun to see his reaction when he loses. I especially love the competitiveness between Stephana and Hosea, it made the whole show so much better this season.

Grandmaster TSE 02-20-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 6291221)
Though Season 4 was a tad dissapointing at the end (cuz Richard chocked!), Season 5 has been great.

In the Part1-Finale, I loved how they threw Jeff back in. The guy cooked his heart out and it also made the other chefs raise their game. In the end, it seemed like Stephan should've gone home instead of Fabio though. Have a feeling they kept him on cause it wouldn't be much of a final without him; and I would have to agree.

Right now I'm routing for Carla. Not cause I think Stephan couldn't take it, but it would be so much fun to see his reaction when he loses. I especially love the competitiveness between Stephana and Hosea, it made the whole show so much better this season.

yeah, i thought that was a nice little touch bringing back jeff, made it really interesting

i thought hosea was gonna win the challenging

the finale is gonna be good, i'm routing for hosea

winson604 02-20-2009 10:21 PM

This is the first season I've watched and I'm digging it more than Hells Kitchen. About a few eps ago I finally realized that I could not underestimate Karla anymore and I have a feeling she might come out on top.

LanEvoMR 02-20-2009 10:59 PM

Carla is hella ugly

Expresso 02-23-2009 11:32 AM

haha yea no kidding, they actually have people that can cook!
Quote:

Originally Posted by winson604 (Post 6292438)
This is the first season I've watched and I'm digging it more than Hells Kitchen. About a few eps ago I finally realized that I could not underestimate Karla anymore and I have a feeling she might come out on top.

rofl, its not america's top model!
Quote:

Originally Posted by LanEvoMR (Post 6292477)
Carla is hella ugly

Grandmaster TSE 02-23-2009 12:22 PM

thats what i love about top chef, that these guys know what the fuck they're doing

for hell's kitchen, its always risottos and wellingtons
but top chef, they do their own spin on stuff and make it unique
especially with the molecular gastronomy, its fucking insane!

Grandmaster TSE 02-23-2009 02:07 PM

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/blog...ig-not-so-easy

q0192837465 02-26-2009 01:03 PM

nooooooooo, I was rooting for Carla. She got owned by her stupid bitch sous chef. But she can't blame anyone tho, she's the chef and she's suppose to make ur own decisions.

I never knew ppl in New Orleans eat alligator, that's sooooo cool, I wanna try some alligator dish.

winson604 02-26-2009 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=HachiSix;6296328]haha yea no kidding, they actually have people that can cook!

QUOTE]

Werd. I used to dig Hells Kitchen for a bit because of all the swearing and stuff but that gets boring quickly. I can't believe how those cooks can mess things up like making spaghetti and just basic kitchen skills and these people are supposed to run a place on their own? Gimme a break Top Chef owns!

Grandmaster TSE 02-26-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by q0192837465 (Post 6302380)
nooooooooo, I was rooting for Carla. She got owned by her stupid bitch sous chef. But she can't blame anyone tho, she's the chef and she's suppose to make ur own decisions.

I never knew ppl in New Orleans eat alligator, that's sooooo cool, I wanna try some alligator dish.

yeah, come on, you're listening to your sous chef
god damn woman, you're not gonna be top chef when you can't think for yourself and rely on someone else to think for you

Expresso 02-27-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandmaster TSE (Post 6302518)
yeah, come on, you're listening to your sous chef
god damn woman, you're not gonna be top chef when you can't think for yourself and rely on someone else to think for you

no kidding theres a reason why casey didn't win!

Grandmaster TSE 08-22-2009 03:07 PM

anybody watching the new season

loving all the twists and turns with the challenges
plus all the contestants are pretty good, exec chefs and a bunch of james beard nominees

winson604 08-22-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandmaster TSE (Post 6559104)
anybody watching the new season

loving all the twists and turns with the challenges
plus all the contestants are pretty good, exec chefs and a bunch of james beard nominees

Yea been watching Top Chef Masters. Pretty good shiet so far. LOL you see the preview for next ep? This asian guy goes nuts on one of the chefs haha

Laundry 08-24-2009 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winson604 (Post 6559212)
Yea been watching Top Chef Masters. Pretty good shiet so far. LOL you see the preview for next ep? This asian guy goes nuts on one of the chefs haha

I think you're missing out, Top Chef Masters already finished, Top Chef Season 6 episode 1 is out now...

winson604 08-25-2009 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laundry (Post 6560922)
I think you're missing out, Top Chef Masters already finished, Top Chef Season 6 episode 1 is out now...

lol shiet your right. I've been following via download and for whatever reason TC Masters came out sooooo damn slow unlike any other show.

Expresso 08-25-2009 08:16 AM

How is Masters? Is it worth watching?

Wonder if Food Canada will pick it up.

winson604 08-25-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HachiSix (Post 6562498)
How is Masters? Is it worth watching?

Wonder if Food Canada will pick it up.

Yea it's worth watching. If you've ever watched the normal Top Chef it's the same except the chefs are all established chefs plus it's not in the same format. In the beginning each episode they have 4 chefs and 1 winner, that winner moves on tot he elimination round and then all the winners meet and they get down to the final 3 I believe then dual it out. Plus they win money for their charity.