REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Review: Hakkasan (https://www.revscene.net/forums/535313-review-hakkasan.html)

Levitron 06-15-2008 11:29 PM

Review: Hakkasan

Place: Hakkasan

Food: Went there for their lunch. Great offerings for lunch specials during the day. They have an "eel burger" special which consists of a really interesting "burger" done with eel and the bun made with Chinese "man tou". I also had a curry pork cutlet rice dish and that once again was really well prepared. The pork was done just right and al dente with the curry sauce complementing the dish really well.

Dessert: Fusion style offerings. Geared more towards traditional Chinese desserts. Very light creme brulee.

Service: Sweet CBC-looking girl served our table. Very nice, and spoke accented Cantonese. Nothing over the top but generally well serviced during the meal.

Atmosphere: Can't say too much about where it's located. I mean, it's on No.5 beside Bridgeport. Inside, however, is totally a different place! You can check out their gallery in the website I posted above.

Overall: I'd highly recommend this place for something different to try out. Their food is well prepared and done in a way that usual Cantonese style cooking does not offer in those big "seafood restaurants". Pricings are close to those places, but I'd much rather pay that price to eat at Hakkasan than to eat at those big "seafood restaurants" (i.e. Sun Sui Wah). They also offer "tasting menus". Will probably head back there one day to try those out.

I'd give this place 3.5/5 stars ;)

gti303 09-18-2008 10:40 AM

I go there quite often for lunch as I work close by, and my Gym is just across the street! :) I've also been there for dinner twice. Great food...good service. If you like different dining experiences give it a shot! Lunch is fairly responsibly priced...dinner is a bit fancier, but still worth a try!

RacePace 09-18-2008 11:29 AM

at dinner, it's a little overpriced for what you get imo, but it's a nice place and the service is good.

6793026 09-19-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6035717)
at dinner, it's a little overpriced for what you get imo, but it's a nice place and the service is good.

dinner is very over priced.
they do have some unique things. i've been there many many times for lunch. it's more on a pricy side but it's still doable. i would rate it 8/10 for lunch.

they are very very nice and professional so it's good to see.
their demographics / target audience are for people like me who have lot of customers aroudn that area but can't take customers to burger king / starbucks.

it's location location location.

RacePace 09-19-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 6037054)

they're still in the middle of no where lol

gti303 09-19-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6037073)

I wouldn't say 'no where' lol...but it is an off spot...the plus here is there is TONs of parking, and is only about a 5 minute drive away from 3rd strip when theres not too heavy traffic. I just came back from having lunch there with 10 other people :)

gti303 09-19-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 6037054)
dinner is very over priced.
they do have some unique things. i've been there many many times for lunch. it's more on a pricy side but it's still doable. i would rate it 8/10 for lunch.

they are very very nice and professional so it's good to see.
their demographics / target audience are for people like me who have lot of customers aroudn that area but can't take customers to burger king / starbucks.

Yea, their service is great...I personally don't think their lunch is over priced one bit. If you go to Boston Pizza...you are looking at around the $20 mark for lunch if you have a entree and drink after tip...here you get a lunch special for $9 with soup and entree...so you still have room to order another dish before coming close to BP price (negating pasta tuesdays lol)

willystyle 09-10-2009 12:34 PM

So, has anyone been there lately?

Planning to take a few close out-of-town relatives there tonight for dinner.

Mugen EvOlutioN 09-10-2009 12:44 PM

EWWWWWWWWWWWW burger?

did the eel make u go EWWWWW???

:D

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/s...ma_-_Ewwww.jpg

gti303 09-10-2009 12:50 PM

Yea...I still go there from time to time. If you are going, make sure to make a reservation and ask to have the coconut soup...its really good... :)

willystyle 09-10-2009 12:52 PM

They are running a special promotion. Planning to check out the 8-course tasting menu.

http://www.hakkasan.ca/Sept09Tasting.jpg

jlo mein 09-10-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitron (Post 5900622)
The pork was done just right and al dente with the curry sauce complementing the dish really well.

I have never heard anyone refer to a meat as al dente lol. Usually only used for pasta, rice, beans, and sometimes vegetables.

sleeves 09-10-2009 02:38 PM

always drive by that area, and always wanted to try it out, probably go there is weekend

6793026 09-10-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6037073)

They picked that location to target anyone that wants to have a decent lunch without having to drive all the way to # 3 road. My customers from # 8road in richmond all the way to # 5 road are so happy to have a decent place to eat that's not catcus club etc.

I have been there 10+ times and lunch is always very good for their lunch combo.

leelu 09-11-2009 07:51 PM

I really enjoyed Hakkasan. Went with my family, we ordered the set menu, and it came with quite a lot of food! The atmosphere was nice and modern, the staff were friendly. And the food was really good! Overall it was a pretty good dinner and it was quite a change from the usual chinese food.

Haven't been back any other time, but probably gonna try the lunch sometime since everyone's raving about it.

Meowjin 09-11-2009 08:50 PM

damn I think ill try it out. I didn't even know there was a reseraunt... my uncle was building fireplaces in that same complex.

JG35 09-22-2009 12:23 AM

thanks for the review sounds like a great place

Jeffield 09-23-2009 08:27 AM

I was just about to post a review of this!!!

I ate the B Dinner Menu with my girlfriend few days ago...

Including a drink each and tips of tax... it came up to $180 for the two of us

The best 2 dishes was the Curried stuffed Whelk.. and the Kobe beef

They were simply amazing! Also the Lava cake was done JUST RIGHT!! It was really good

All together the meal was amazing, but $180 seems really steep but will go back again

also when the bill came, they gave us 2 coupons for Saturday afternoon Lunch good for 10% off

Cheers!

Jermyzy 03-01-2010 12:03 AM

Finally got to try it today. Had the 8 course tasting menu for $39.99/person (have to order one day in advance). Also added the fresh uni fried rice and wok kobe beef. Overall was very impressed with the food and service! Would definitely go again.