REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-30-2008, 10:35 AM   #51
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

makes me want one.
honda jazz
yamaha bws?
kind of want a 2 seater, pick up girls
Advertisement
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #52
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
The Yamaha BWS, I believe, is a 2-seater. Even my old Vino was big enough to be able to have somebody on the back seat. I met up with Acuracura over the weekend and his lady friend jumped on the back of his BWS fine. 68style and Acuracura can better answer this than I can. The Jazz, however, is only good for one person.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank

Last edited by bcrdukes; 06-30-2008 at 10:39 AM.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #53
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
We need to line 'em up and race, my 2-stroke will pwn you!!!!
After going on a ride with Acuracura, it's a given that your 2-stroke BWS will pWn my Jazz.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 06-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #54
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDick View Post
Holy... it's really $2900 after fees and taxes? What kind of fees?
I got mine 2005 Jazz from Craiglist for $1800 with 80km on it. The only thing is I need to change the battery.

I thought $1999 at Carter Honda is good deal, but after you said $2900 after everything.. i think i got a better deal.
Your standard freight & PDI charges, I guess. Sounds like you got a good deal for your's... but I don't think deals like that are always available though. Besides, my GF only wanted the Pink Hibiscus colour scheme... probably would be tough to find one used at this point.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #55
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
man scooters are such a rip off here. for that price in asia i can get a sweet yamaha or suzuki 125CC, with a little money left over to mod it.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #56
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
Nice Scoot Mike! I know...I rode it

Where did you get the helmet? How much is insurance? What kind of license do you need? J/K....I actually read the posts unlike some people.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:57 PM   #57
RS Veteran

Thanks!

And best accessory trade - eVar!

Old 07-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #58
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
There's Urban Scootin' but they're not a local forum. There's also a local forum, I can't remember the name, something like Vancouver Scooters or something but the admin is a total Nazi and his forum sucks. Your best bet is to post here. There are some knowledgeable scooter owners here on RS. NiteRaven comes to mind.

ooh honorable mention. Thanks.

Actually, I sold mine last year (but kicking myself in the arse for it because of gas prices; Murphie's law).

The local scooter shop that I've always dealt with moved to Richmond since they outgrew their old Granville Island facility. www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/

Let's do a little information recap :
  1. Class 5 to operate 49cc + CVT equipped
  2. Class 6 to operate 49cc + manual trans. ie. Vespa
  3. Class 6 to operate 49cc CVT/manual while carrying passenger
  4. insurance average $500 per annum.
  5. 2 stroke > 4 stroke in terms of performance and tuning.
  6. 4 stroke > 2 stroke in terms of fuel efficiency and pollution control.
  7. Popular brands = Yamaha, Honda, Vespa.
  8. Average top speed : 60km/r, good enough for city travel.
  9. Access to bridges : Oak, Burrard, Granville, Arthur Laing.
  10. parking : one can fit about 7~8 scooters into one normal parking spot, can literally park it anywhere.
  11. Dangers : drivers in general that cannot see miniscule scooter. Reflective gear (at night) highly recommended. Otherwise, try to be visible when riding and pick your positions wisely....or you can get a super loud exhaust for it.

..there are plenty more but .. well.. I can't think at the moment still sleepy.

lol here are some pics of rides from last year (we do one annually haha) and I riced mine out a bit...

Last edited by ?NR; 07-01-2008 at 10:49 AM. Reason: added picture
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:17 AM   #59
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by !NiteRaven View Post
[*]Access to bridges : Oak, Burrard, Granville, Arthur Laing.
The guy at Carter Honda said that it was allowed on the Knight St. Bridge. I thought that it was a 60kmph zone all the way until after the Bridgeport exit, but just today while I was driving in to work, I noticed that the Knight St. Bridge itself is in fact a 80kmph zone, so I guess it's off limits.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #60
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
The guy at Carter Honda said that it was allowed on the Knight St. Bridge. I thought that it was a 60kmph zone all the way until after the Bridgeport exit, but just today while I was driving in to work, I noticed that the Knight St. Bridge itself is in fact a 80kmph zone, so I guess it's off limits.
lol, yeah Knight is off limits. Even if the scoot can do 80kph, I would steer clear of that bridge for safety reasons. There are enough accidents on there on a daily basis, wouldn't wanna be in one especially on a scooter nor a bike.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #61
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by !NiteRaven View Post
lol, yeah Knight is off limits. Even if the scoot can do 80kph, I would steer clear of that bridge for safety reasons. There are enough accidents on there on a daily basis, wouldn't wanna be in one especially on a scooter nor a bike.
Actually, I just tried to do a little research on this, but it wasn't easy to find information about scooter laws. Are you sure scooters aren't allowed on the Knight Street Bridge? The only mention in the BC MVA I found is the following:

Quote:
Schedule 1 highways restrictions
19.07 (1) Except as authorized by a permit issued by the Minister of Transportation and Highways, and except for crossing a highway at an intersection, use of any highway named in Schedule 1 by the following is prohibited at all times:

(a) vehicles drawn by animals;

(b) livestock, as defined in the Livestock Act;

(c) farm implements and farm machinery, whether self-propelled or towed;

(d) pedestrians, unless attending a disabled vehicle;

(e) vehicles incapable of maintaining a minimum speed of 60 km/h on level road, except construction or maintenance equipment owned or hired by the Ministry of Transportation and Highways while working on or travelling to or from a worksite located on a highway named in Schedule 1.

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to pedestrians and to operators of pedal cycles and limited speed motorcycles using footpaths constructed adjacent to the travel portion of the highway or the shoulder on the travel portion of the highway where the minister causes signs to be erected designating the footpath or shoulder for such permitted use.

[en. B.C. Reg. 68/71, s. 5; am. B.C. Regs. 343/77; 171/85, s. 1; 112/86, s. 1; 133/89, s. 2.]

Schedule 1 — Highways

(1) Trans-Canada Highway #1 from the ferry terminal at Horseshoe Bay to the north approach to the Ironworkers Memorial Second Narrows Bridge; from its intersection with Rupert Street to its junction with Route #3 in Hope; from its junction with the Coquihalla Highway (Afton Interchange) on the west approach to Kamloops to its junction with the Yellowhead Highway on the east approach to Kamloops.

(2) Hope-Princeton Highway #3 from its junction with the Trans-Canada Highway in Hope to its junction with the Coquihalla Highway, 7.7 km east.

(3) Coquihalla Highway #5 from its junction with the Hope-Princeton Highway, 7.7 km east of Hope to its junction with the Trans-Canada Highway (Afton Interchange) on the west approach to Kamloops.

(4) Annacis Highway #91 from its interchange with the Vancouver-Blaine Highway to the south approach to the Annacis Bridge; from the north approach to the Annacis Bridge to the south approach to the East Channel Bridge; from the north approach to the East Channel Bridge to the Richmond Connector.

(5) Annacis Highway #91A from the Richmond Connector to the south approach to the Queensborough Bridge.

(6) Vancouver-Blaine Highway #99 from 1st Avenue in Surrey to the south approach of the Oak Street Bridge.

(7) Okanagan Connector Highway #97C from its junction with Highway 5A to its junction with Okanagan Highway 97, a total distance of approximately 84 kilometres.

(8) The Inland Island Highway 19 from Craigs Crossing south of Parksville to its intersection with Highway 19A at Willow/Tamarac in Campbell River.

(9) Highway 19 from its North Cedar Road intersection with Trans-Canada Highway 1, south of Nanaimo, to its intersection with Highway 19A north of Nanaimo.

[en. B.C. Reg. 112/86, s. 2; am. B.C. Regs. 429/87; 468/90; 268/96, s. 1; 294/96; 270/2001, s. (a).]
Assuming that the scooter can maintain a speed of 60kmph on level ground, doesn't that mean a scooter can legally go ANYWHERE? I mean, you probably don't want to based on safety issues, but legally you can?

And if the scooter can't maintain a speed of 60kmph on level ground, doesn't it mean it's restricted from only those few highways listed above?

Last edited by InvisibleSoul; 07-02-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #62
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Actually, I just tried to do a little research on this, but it wasn't easy to find information about scooter laws. Are you sure scooters aren't allowed on the Knight Street Bridge? The only mention in the BC MVA I found is the following:

Assuming that the scooter can maintain a speed of 60kmph on level ground, doesn't that mean a scooter can legally go ANYWHERE? I mean, you probably don't want to based on safety issues, but legally you can?

And if the scooter can't maintain a speed of 60kmph on level ground, doesn't it mean it's restricted from only those few highways listed above?

There has been quite a few threads on scooter/laws in the police forum

http://www.revscene.net/forums/searc...earchid=228718

If not factoring in safety issues per say, technically, if you can maintain a 60km/h speed, you should be able to ride across Knight Street Bridge. To enter freeways, a vehicle must be able to do and mainstain a minimum of 60km/h. I crossed Knight Street everyday on my scooter before for around 1 year, lots of times I don't even hit 50 because of traffic. There are quite a few grey areas I suppose when it comes to MVA and 50cc scooters, maybe a RS police liason can enlighten us with some info I hope.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #63
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
From what I hear you can ride on any bridge - even 2nd narrows and Port Mann but you MUST take the last exit to go onto the highway (bridge) and the first exit after the bridge.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:39 PM   #64
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_hac View Post
hehe nice and love the helmet, also what camera do you use? the pictures are awesome!
it was shot with just a pinsky nikon d50 using a mix of the 50mm 1.8 and the sigma 10-20mm
GFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:27 PM   #65
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Here is my 05 Honda Jazz Scooter

McDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:42 PM   #66
RS Veteran

Sweet ride and another Jazz owner!

Old 07-15-2008, 12:48 AM   #67
Need to Seek Professional Help

Yeaaahhh.... I think 'Charlie' would have been more appropriate.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #68
degenerate extraordinaire

ahaha I actually really like the colour of mcdick's jazz
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:23 PM   #69
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
it doesn't have an electric starter!? haha

ask preludacris/johnny tran what happens when you use the kickstart over the electric... too many times.
Yeah, u were there for the ghetto fix wern't you?

Quote:
man scooters are such a rip off here. for that price in asia i can get a sweet yamaha or suzuki 125CC, with a little money left over to mod it.
Werd, I miss my ride, Is it possible to import or buy a Yamaha Cygnus X here?

And The #1 Thing To Say To Your Ex G/F When You See Her Out In Public Is. . .
Quote:
Originally posted by Ulic Qel-Droma
"remember that time i cummed all over your face and it got into your eye? and it stung real bad.. and you ran into the door thinking it was open? haha that was pretty funny"

say that real loud. then give her two thumbs up.
:lol
JOHNNY_TRAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #70
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Haha yea! When I told my friend in TW how much scooters run over here he thought I was joking!
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:42 PM   #71
Banned (ABWS)

All the Honda Jazz' looks great! more pics please!
ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #72
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Is it possible to import scooters here?
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:46 PM   #73
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
Haha yea! When I told my friend in TW how much scooters run over here he thought I was joking!
But then, you can always get cheap-looking (made in China) scooter for about $1000-1500.
Is your life on the road, spend few extra bucks to ensure your scooter doesn't fell apart when you reach 60km/hr.
McDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #74
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

scoots got character man, nice pick-up !
littlesid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:31 PM   #75
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDick View Post
But then, you can always get cheap-looking (made in China) scooter for about $1000-1500.
Is your life on the road, spend few extra bucks to ensure your scooter doesn't fell apart when you reach 60km/hr.
TW scooters are like bricks, most of them on the road have been on the road for the past 20 or more years, I would trust a TW scooter over a China scooter anyday, I wanna get my Cygnus to Canada

And The #1 Thing To Say To Your Ex G/F When You See Her Out In Public Is. . .
Quote:
Originally posted by Ulic Qel-Droma
"remember that time i cummed all over your face and it got into your eye? and it stung real bad.. and you ran into the door thinking it was open? haha that was pretty funny"

say that real loud. then give her two thumbs up.
:lol
JOHNNY_TRAN is offline   Reply With Quote