REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   stone chip repair (https://www.revscene.net/forums/538769-stone-chip-repair.html)

thumper 07-14-2008 02:35 PM

stone chip repair

dammit... my mom got passed by a dump truck on knight st. and took a big stone chip in the roof... right down to the metal :(

i know if i try to touch it up myself it will just look even worse. is there a professional shop that specializes in this sort of repair in the GVRD?

thanks in advance

MG1 09-14-2009 10:35 AM

I just got a chip in the windshield. Where's the best place to have it done?

OK, where's the cheapest place to get it done? It doesn't look too bad and it isn't in a crucial spot.

North Burnaby area or a place that sends a repair guy out to your home would be nice.

Apple Auto Glass quoted me 75 bucks before taxes. OUCH!!

ELITE_TRAYUNZE 09-14-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic (Post 6591858)

OK, where's the cheapest place to get it done? It doesn't look too bad and it isn't in a crucial spot.

North Burnaby area or a place that sends a repair guy out to your home would be nice.

Thread shitter

MG1 09-14-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELITE_TRAYUNZE (Post 6591883)
Thread shitter

What's the problem?

I did a search for stone chip repair and came up with this. Should I have started a new thread?

Who the hell are you anyway?

thumper 09-14-2009 11:04 AM

89blkcivic: when i had a stone chip repair i was told to go to novus which was across from wolfe chevrolet. i know it's not quite north burnaby but it's sort of near there. that was a few years back so i'm not sure if they are still there.

but $75 sounds like what i had paid.

Dragon-88 09-14-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELITE_TRAYUNZE (Post 6591883)
Thread shitter

Did you even read the whole thread before posting???

He searched for a thread and posted in one... Did you notice that the OP post is dated back in 2008...

Anyways... $75 sound right for the price.

shantz 09-15-2009 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic (Post 6591858)

At BOYD Autobody in Surrey they don't charge for windshield chip repair. They did 2 on my car the other day - I went to Tim Hortons and bought em a box of doughnuts :)

MG1 09-15-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shantz (Post 6593234)
At BOYD Autobody in Surrey they don't charge for windshield chip repair. They did 2 on my car the other day - I went to Tim Hortons and bought em a box of doughnuts :)

Holy carp........ thanks, dude.

I will donate money to a charity of their choice if they did that. I'm gonna give them call.

In case Boyd Autobody in Surrey doesn't fix for free, can someone tell me if these guys are any good? Surrey is a little off the beaten path. These guys apparently come out to your house and they only charge 40 bucks, tax in.

http://www.chipfix.ca/?gclid=CIDnxriN9JwCFRBbagodsFzYiw

MG1 09-15-2009 06:45 PM

I ended up getting the windshield chip repaired by chipfix. See link above. The repair was quick, inexpensive, and trouble free. It's a mobile service. The guy's name is Jack Napier. Good guy and most importantly, takes pride in his work. I mentioned Revscene and he said he'd check into it. Would be good to have him as a sponsor, perhaps? 40 bucks, taxes in is awesome. Plus, if you have multiple chips, it's 10 bucks per additional chip as long as it is on the same car. I'm so glad I got the freakin thing fixed before it turned into a big problem.

fliptuner 09-15-2009 10:42 PM

Good to know!!!

BNR32_Coupe 09-16-2009 12:00 AM

Got a chip in your windshield? Chances are, if its smaller than a dime, it can usually be repaired, and remains virtually invisible. At speedyglass, you can trust our profes -- imma let you finish, but beyonce had the best video of all time!

So that basically sums up the technical details regarding this topic.

josel_atr 09-17-2009 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe (Post 6594868)
Got a chip in your windshield? Chances are, if its smaller than a dime, it can usually be repaired, and remains virtually invisible. At speedyglass, you can trust our profes -- imma let you finish, but beyonce had the best video of all time!

So that basically sums up the technical details regarding this topic.

hahaha it was nice of you to throw in the kanye west/taylor swift in your comment there!:thumbsup:

threezero 11-08-2009 04:53 PM

sorry to bump this up but the OP's question was never answer and I happen to have the same question. Where to find professional that can repair stone/rock chip on paint? Will stealership do this consider my infiniti has the self healing paint bullshit on it?