REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Revscene Spotted (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscene-spotted_189/)
-   -   AJ Racing GTR (pix) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/546656-aj-racing-gtr-pix.html)

shenmecar 02-11-2009 06:17 PM

nice looking lip

GordonTse 02-12-2009 07:55 PM

nice car!

OT: got a ride in one today at work, the tech took me to gas it up.. fucking fast.

ps. tranny is a manual twin clutch transmission. located in the rear of the vehicle. a regular manual tranny will not shift as fast as this car can. shift from one gear to another in 0.2 seconds and this is a fact. why would my co-worker, GTR Tech, lie about it being a manual, when he was trained to work on the GTR??

TOPEC 02-12-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonTse (Post 6278018)
ps. tranny is a manual twin clutch transmission. located in the rear of the vehicle. a regular manual tranny will not shift as fast as this car can. shift from one gear to another in 0.2 seconds and this is a fact. why would my co-worker, GTR Tech, lie about it being a manual, when he was trained to work on the GTR??

uhh no one's doubting it can't shift.

how much abuse can it take is the weak point.

jing 02-12-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonTse (Post 6278018)
nice car!

OT: got a ride in one today at work, the tech took me to gas it up.. fucking fast.

Nice to know that the tech's at your work are ripping customer's cars.

Expresso 02-13-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jing (Post 6278503)

you probably would do the same thing in his position ;)

b-dub 02-13-2009 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX_Renesis (Post 6278101)
uhh no one's doubting it can't shift.

how much abuse can it take is the weak point.

The shifting isn't the problem. It's the launching of the car that's the problem and even then it's an isolated incident where only 1% of the GTR's have had failure in the gearbox. The major problem is that the GTR is a 'replace part' car where if anything was to go wrong, they don't bother looking for the problem, they just replace everything.

Keep in mind that all dual clutch tranny's are prone to damage if you launch the car X amount of times. I have a friend that is a mechanic at BMW and he told M5/6's have been in their with blown trannys from auto x etc where BMW will not warranty the fix.

PS, Nissan says you can launch the car +/- 200 times before it goes.

GordonTse 02-13-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jing (Post 6278503)

make sure it works, ya know? my experience in it, the tranny is really jerky. say you're at a full stop, then slowly start moving, you can feel the tranny jerk into gear.

ps. only 1 tech. is GTR certified.

jing 02-15-2009 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HachiSix (Post 6278652)
you probably would do the same thing in his position ;)

My line of work allows for me to drive many different types of vehicles, fast or slow. Regardless, I treat every vehicle with the same amount of respect regardless of price value.

boostfever 02-15-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jing (Post 6281451)
My line of work allows for me to drive many different types of vehicles, fast or slow. Regardless, I treat every vehicle with the same amount of respect regardless of price value.

http://www.saynotocrack.com/wp-conte...g-it-wrong.jpg

i drive lots of nice cars at work too, but don't treat them all the same. There's a time and place for speeding.