REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Best Deals for Protein Supplements (https://www.revscene.net/forums/547707-best-deals-protein-supplements.html)

Puck Luck 09-03-2010 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabi (Post 6594067)
picked up a couple today, gonna stock up more later in the wk

Any feedback on the Costco isolate stuff? I see it there for $40 4.4 lbs

Conan O'Brien Sex Video 09-03-2010 08:52 AM

i buy their natural/unsweeted version... it's the cheapest i've found for natural/unsweetened. i mix my own flavours into it like peanut butter or coconut milk.

Meowjin 09-03-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthFighter (Post 7086714)
looks like a franchise of fuel nutrition.

no

vitaminG 09-06-2010 08:47 PM

Meowjin 09-07-2010 01:00 AM

hal0g0dv2 09-07-2010 10:13 AM

hey stop advertising k

sabbo 09-07-2010 12:01 PM

www.wheycheap.com

Splmash 09-07-2010 05:59 PM

Just got my order from bodybuilding.com. Once again, I highly recommend this site for its prices, great customer service, and super fast shipping.

I'm making another order next month, if anyone wants to order something off there too, we can work something out so the shipping is a bit cheaper

nns 09-07-2010 07:35 PM

Does anybody use or has used BSN NO-Xplode? I need a PWO shake that doesn't keep me up all night.

silva95teg 09-07-2010 08:17 PM

I just bought from truesupplements.com, I bought isolate though 90 bucks for 10 lbs, i am pretty sure the whey was 70.

ek1 09-20-2010 10:21 AM

just saw at walmart yesterday whey blend 2lb tubs for $10(anniversary sale apparently.) hell of a deal, not sure of the brand though but check it out guys
comes out to like 6$/lb

Puck Luck 09-20-2010 10:25 AM

the Kaizen isolate protein 4.4lbs is on sale at costco for the next 2 weeks. $8 off regular price of $40

DC5-S 09-20-2010 10:47 AM

ive been using the kaizen protein and honestly.. its cheap and all but it tastes like SHIT.. if you have never tried myofusion or ON then you dont know what your missing.. its like dessert drinking those shakes.. kaizen taste is very bland

VeeDubya 09-23-2010 12:32 PM

Just got an e-mail from sndcanada.com

48hr sale on Gaspari MyoFusion 5lb Whey Protein - $49.99 (Online)
Enter Coupon Code: XDM49

Sale ends September 24 at Midnight!

maxxxboost 09-25-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck Luck (Post 7090538)
Any feedback on the Costco isolate stuff? I see it there for $40 4.4 lbs

It's on sale for 31.99 if anyone wants it.

Hurricane 09-26-2010 12:14 AM

Bodybuilding.com store is awesome. I have ordered through them many times. Great prices. I wanted to support the local stores, but the mark-up is just ridiculous. It's a big name place that has been around for a long time, and you can phone them. They often have sales as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7095952)
Does anybody use or has used BSN NO-Xplode? I need a PWO shake that doesn't keep me up all night.

I've used it. Loved it. Great results, great taste. PWO means post workout; if that's the case you'll be using it wrong. Its meant to be used PreWO. If you actually want something post, the product would be BSN Cellmass. If you can, use both, great combination. It was the only NO product that didn't make me feel wierd/jittery after taking it.

Finally just a point to the OP. If your actually taking four shakes a day;

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...ingitwrong.jpg

The only time you should use Whey is right after your workout. And, if you can't get food in you right away, then you could also take a shake as soon as you wake up. Otherwise real food is always preferable. Yes, shakes are convenient. But real food can be too. I suggest visiting the bodybuilding.com forums. You could learn a lot, and it's not just for muscle heads, many MMA guys and other athletes as well. Lots of great information and intelligent people over there. Training is training, whether for strength or athleticism.

The nutrition forum is unmatched. If you were ever curious about whether or not a food was good, type it in there and read away. The serious posters back up their info with studies and the like.

nns 09-26-2010 08:35 AM

Yea, I meant pre-workout.

penner2k 09-26-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricane (Post 7120281)
Bodybuilding.com store is awesome. I have ordered through them many times. Great prices. I wanted to support the local stores, but the mark-up is just ridiculous. It's a big name place that has been around for a long time, and you can phone them. They often have sales as well.

I've used it. Loved it. Great results, great taste. PWO means post workout; if that's the case you'll be using it wrong. Its meant to be used PreWO. If you actually want something post, the product would be BSN Cellmass. If you can, use both, great combination. It was the only NO product that didn't make me feel wierd/jittery after taking it.

Finally just a point to the OP. If your actually taking four shakes a day;

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...ingitwrong.jpg

The only time you should use Whey is right after your workout. And, if you can't get food in you right away, then you could also take a shake as soon as you wake up. Otherwise real food is always preferable. Yes, shakes are convenient. But real food can be too. I suggest visiting the bodybuilding.com forums. You could learn a lot, and it's not just for muscle heads, many MMA guys and other athletes as well. Lots of great information and intelligent people over there. Training is training, whether for strength or athleticism.

The nutrition forum is unmatched. If you were ever curious about whether or not a food was good, type it in there and read away. The serious posters back up their info with studies and the like.

If you are gonna go on the nutrition forum do a search... There is at least one thread per day asking if eggs are bad for you. lol

hal0g0dv2 09-26-2010 06:13 PM

surge recovery is a good post workout shake
love that stuff

Not really racist! 10-02-2010 05:05 PM

anybody try on rocky road / on chocolate malt?

how does it taste

also wondering where i can find single flavor packets of ON.
jsut curious to tsate hte difference between all the chocolate flavors

G 10-02-2010 05:26 PM

Hey, question for all of you, you know those bottles you use to mix the drinks? I am trying to find one but don't know where to go, any suggestions? How much is it usually? I just want to use it to carry my morning shakes.

Not really racist! 10-02-2010 05:52 PM

https://www.svncanada.com/product/23...haker-cup-24oz

^ this one is pretty good...

i suggest u only get it if u order over 100$ tho so shipping is free

VeeDubya 10-02-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 7129129)
Hey, question for all of you, you know those bottles you use to mix the drinks? I am trying to find one but don't know where to go, any suggestions? How much is it usually? I just want to use it to carry my morning shakes.

http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/...4&ProductTab=3

suzuka84 10-02-2010 09:34 PM

you guys know you can negotiate pricing at reflex stores.

just get a few buddies and they'll drop the price by 30-40% with free tshirts and shakers

G 10-02-2010 09:47 PM

I don't have a mixer bottle and I don't need to buy more stuff just to get a free shaker.... So just wondering where I can find cheap mixers...My friend says popeye's gives them out for free?