REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Muscle Memory (https://www.revscene.net/forums/549961-muscle-memory.html)

6thGear. 02-01-2009 04:34 PM

6'3 215 isn't overweight, especially if your hitting the gym.

6'0 190 isn't skinny as hell. Well, unless you have heavy bones or something. most hockey players that are 6'0 is usually 190 - 200 lbs.

Berzerker 02-01-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharkBite (Post 6257613)
BMI cannot measure lean muscle mass so you cannot assume someone is overweight.

Exactly what I was trying to say :D

Berz out.

Berzerker 02-20-2009 08:38 PM

Another update.... I weighed 213lbs today and pressed 100lb dumbells for a set on the bench. That's almost where I was when I got in my car accident 2 years ago. 4 months is coming up I will post up all my max's then for a comparison :D

Berz out.

Berzerker 04-27-2009 09:54 AM

Dunno of this will work but...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...b&id=522510553

Thats where I'm at right now.

Berz out.

RacePace 04-27-2009 10:28 AM

you are pretty damn big, you should work on your traps because your shoulders look very level. if you pumped up your traps you'd look monsterous

Berzerker 04-27-2009 11:53 AM

Funny you should mention that... I don't work my traps... ever.. I mean ever. Lol I don't want to look like Batista. I should throw some in though so I get a little bit more of a neck... I've been meaning to I just forget :(

Berz out.

hal0g0dv2 04-27-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6399647)
Funny you should mention that... I don't work my traps... ever.. I mean ever. Lol I don't want to look like Batista. I should throw some in though so I get a little bit more of a neck... I've been meaning to I just forget :(

Berz out.

barbell shrugs man those are money
my traps touch my ears lol

BlackV62K2 04-27-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogodv2 (Post 6400298)
barbell shrugs man those are money
my traps touch my ears lol

That's gross man lol. I'm like Berz, I hardly ever work my traps.

Meowjin 04-27-2009 09:28 PM

i have a big chest and big traps and wide shoulders but small arms :(

hal0g0dv2 04-27-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinHurricane (Post 6400399)
i have a big chest and big traps and wide shoulders but small arms :(

kill the tricep

Meowjin 04-27-2009 11:56 PM

nah im cutting calories right now and shedding fat.

Berzerker 04-28-2009 07:31 AM

Did traps yesterday on my shoulder day... now I hurt lol. Was shrugging 2 plates a side for 12 reps figure I'll ease my way into working them.

Whenever I see a clown at the gym it just keeps me more motivated to work out and do it properly. Gotta love those guys that see you working out and try to look cool by putting to much weight on and doing quarter reps lol. Next time I see him I'm gonna say something like "Who are trying to impress? Why not drop the weight enough that you can actully do a full complete rep bud?" Wonder what he will say haha.

Berz out.

hal0g0dv2 04-28-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6400906)
Did traps yesterday on my shoulder day... now I hurt lol. Was shrugging 2 plates a side for 12 reps figure I'll ease my way into working them.

Whenever I see a clown at the gym it just keeps me more motivated to work out and do it properly. Gotta love those guys that see you working out and try to look cool by putting to much weight on and doing quarter reps lol. Next time I see him I'm gonna say something like "Who are trying to impress? Why not drop the weight enough that you can actully do a full complete rep bud?" Wonder what he will say haha.

Berz out.

ya those guys are clowns man, not to mention u look like a god dam fool

hal0g0dv2 04-28-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinHurricane (Post 6400654)
nah im cutting calories right now and shedding fat.

u said u have small arms? building your triceps will make then a lot bigger

SizzleChest 04-28-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6400906)

Berz out.

you've basically described every high school boy at any gym right there.

Meowjin 04-28-2009 12:24 PM

I have to agree its one thing I hate about going to the gym, and usually I don't critique someone elses workout but you usually have the younger guys come in and using one of those machines with a shit load of weight and doing a quarter rep and making funny noises.

hal0g0dv2 04-28-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinHurricane (Post 6401164)
I have to agree its one thing I hate about going to the gym, and usually I don't critique someone elses workout but you usually have the younger guys come in and using one of those machines with a shit load of weight and doing a quarter rep and making funny noises.

ya man, i don't even bother asking if they are done, i just take it. they just sit there on the i phone or black berry like come on

Berzerker 04-28-2009 12:51 PM

There was a youngin (18-20) at the gym today you can tell he just started. He was benching 25lb dumbells using great form and I was keeping an eye on him.. he was getting tired so I jumped in and gave him a spot. After I told him he was using great form and that you don't usually see young guys like him doing full reps and proper technique. He said thanks and seemed happy with the compliment. Hopefully that set the seed to do things right from here on out.

Sometimes those douchebags make it hard to work out as they are such a rediculous distraction.

Berz out.

hal0g0dv2 04-28-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6401194)
There was a youngin (18-20) at the gym today you can tell he just started. He was benching 25lb dumbells using great form and I was keeping an eye on him.. he was getting tired so I jumped in and gave him a spot. After I told him he was using great form and that you don't usually see young guys like him doing full reps and proper technique. He said thanks and seemed happy with the compliment. Hopefully that set the seed to do things right from here on out.

Sometimes those douchebags make it hard to work out as they are such a rediculous distraction.

Berz out.

nice man, down the road u prob helped him out lots, sometimes i will go up to kids that have shitty technique just cause i am being nice and all. but i mean we all started somewhere right

Berzerker 04-28-2009 01:16 PM

Yea exactly it helped that he wasn't with a group of friends having a whosthebiggerdouche contest. I guess its the way you approach things its hard not to sound like a know-it-all when trying to give advice.

Berz out.

BlackV62K2 04-28-2009 03:05 PM

Fuck I hate guys that work out in huge groups (3+ ppl). They take forever with machines and then stand around and chat inbetween sets. Also hate fucks that dont re-rack their weights. Then you have to hunt around for the DBs.

Berzerker 06-03-2009 09:29 PM

Just an update as I haven't in awhile.

Now weighing 215lbs. I wasn't doing barbell on the bench but have since started in the last month and have been impressed with my weight I lift (repping 2 plates 5 times no spot) My dumbell bench is at 100-105lbs depending on energy level. Shoulder Pressing 70-80lbs depending on energy level (throwing some shrugs in there too for good measure)Unfortunatly I think I have reached my potential with the diet ( I use that word loosely) I am on as I don't eat nearly as well as I need to. I don't get to the gym as often as need to work as many muscles as I would like (legs and and I skip back when I have to choose) so I need to figure out something if I want to grow. I'm "trying" to figure out how I can eat better but a lack of a kitchen sucks ass.

Keep on Liftin' guys.

Berz out.

Berzerker 07-02-2009 11:24 AM

Fucking hell.... Still at 215lbs lifting the same weights for about 3 weeks now. I've started mixing up the workouts trying to confuse the muscles but meh seems like nothing is working. This is def. a plateau I need to break. Gonna pick up some weight gainer and see if that can help kick start me again. I don't wanna get water retention right now though as summer is here but we will see how it goes.

Berz out.

RacePace 07-02-2009 11:43 AM

are you increasing the amount of real food you eat as well?

Berzerker 07-03-2009 07:00 AM

Yea I actually starting eating healthy... staying away from Junk food like McPukes and instead eating Subway and deli foods as much as possible. Thats why I think a gainer might do me some good... just get some more calories into me more often.

Berz out.