REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Dealing with Tendonitis (https://www.revscene.net/forums/551978-dealing-tendonitis.html)

TekDragon 11-04-2008 10:08 PM

Dealing with Tendonitis

As the title states. I have had tendonitis in both my shoulders for the past few years as a result of dragon boating. I have tried anti inflammatories both prescription and ib profin) as well as physio and laser therapy. Nothing fixes it, though some stuff does seem to help. Does anyone know of other remedies that may be available?

SoulCrusher 11-04-2008 10:32 PM

I've had tendinitis in my elbows as a result of working out. Like you, Ive tried anti-inflams and advil but it still bothers me quite a bit. If you find anything that helps, let me know.

Girl 11-04-2008 11:36 PM

i have tendonitis in both my thumb/wrists. Couldnt even move it the last 2 days. It's been 5 months, I'm ready to scream! Nothing is helping. Waking up is a surprise everyday, either i can't move it, or it's bearable dull pain or just dull pain. Never painless.

Heat packs work but never for long.

SkinnyPupp 11-05-2008 01:18 AM

All you can do is rest it and take anti-inflammatories. You should megadose fish oil too (like 6 caps a day of the good stuff, or 20 caps a day of the normal stuff)

waddy41 11-05-2008 07:41 PM

i get it too from running

just have give it some rest..
if u must dragon boat...then i guess just ice it after to help reduce inflammation

Obsideon 11-06-2008 07:51 PM

I had tendonitis in my right shoulder and wrist from years of Volleyball. I just put up with it until it got excruciating painful (especially when I jog) so my Grandma recommended me to this chinese massage guy that she uses for he Migranes(?) ... I was sketched out at first .. but I went with it anyway ... and DAMN DID IT HURT LIKE HELL ... extreme towel biting burning pain for 30minutes as he worked away at my arm and shoulder blade area... after he was done it was all red and swollen for a few days, gave me a herbal patch that I tied around my arm.. rinse, repeat 2 weeks later. After 2 sessions I a LOT better, I can't say it's 100% but I think it's at least 80% normal now.

SR604 11-12-2008 03:26 AM

If its only been a little while having this problem your best bet is probably don't do anything for like a month or two thats the only way i got rid of the pain

Girl 11-12-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 6109810)
I had tendonitis in my right shoulder and wrist from years of Volleyball. I just put up with it until it got excruciating painful (especially when I jog) so my Grandma recommended me to this chinese massage guy that she uses for he Migranes(?) ... I was sketched out at first .. but I went with it anyway ... and DAMN DID IT HURT LIKE HELL ... extreme towel biting burning pain for 30minutes as he worked away at my arm and shoulder blade area... after he was done it was all red and swollen for a few days, gave me a herbal patch that I tied around my arm.. rinse, repeat 2 weeks later. After 2 sessions I a LOT better, I can't say it's 100% but I think it's at least 80% normal now.

I cracked my ribs a few years ago and I occasionally get pain. I tried everything, inflammatories, physio, and nothing worked A family member suggested I went to see a guy who worked on me for 15 minutes. HOLY SHIT i was wincing and tearing up in pain, he even used suction cups then some herbal patch that stank. Went a few times and just like you, 80% better.

So I saw a physio last week because my right hand got so bad that I couldn't move it for 2 days. Anyways he suggested that I do the cold pack and heat pack. heat then slowly stretch the inflamed muscles to get mobility back. He suggested I tried elector therapy or acupuncture.

The physio I saw is a total western doctor who isn't into alternative methods of healing, but he has taken courses in acupuncture and even he thinks it would be good. He actually took 2 needles on me and I was relieved and had mobility back.

TekDragon 03-03-2009 08:48 PM

bump. tendons still hurt. had some physio, but its gotten worse since my last post here. Doctor keeps on pushing anti inflams like they're going out of style. Anyone have suggestions? I'm up for trying just about anything at this point. And if there might be a place people can recommend. Thanks a lot.

chinesespareribs 03-03-2009 09:08 PM

go the the hand clinic in vancouver... best place in town! you will need to book at least 1-2 weeks in advance

www.westsidephysio.com