REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vacations and World Travel (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vacations-world-travel_246/)
-   -   going to Korea, end of the month (https://www.revscene.net/forums/552746-going-korea-end-month.html)

tool001 11-11-2008 10:19 AM

going to Korea, end of the month

So im goin to Korea, but thinking about buying currency. Should i buy currency in korea or canada.

Also i have some US $ , US $ being so high, guess it would be better to by in US or Korea using USD

thoughts?

RFlush 11-11-2008 12:46 PM

If you have USD, use USD as your currency exchange. They can give you good rates in Korea, but it depends. Maybe go to VBCE and exchange half here and then the remaining half in Korea. Make sure you print out the preferred coupon for a bit of a better rate. Lucky now that the Korean won has dropped a lot since I went to Korea. Enjoy :)

oh btw: Hit up Hongdae for clubbing and Myeongdong for shopping.

Graeme S 05-28-2009 03:10 PM

Better to bump than post a new thread...

Heading to Korea in July, wondering what kind of interrogation I'm gonna get at the customs. I know I don't need a visa for stays of less than six months, and I'm going to be couch surfing with former students.

Some of my students coming here require bank balances and whatnot (I always assumed it was to make sure they weren't going to try and run away and illegally immigrate), and I'm curious what kind of papers other than my passport and my trip plans I should bring.

flawless 05-28-2009 03:24 PM

I went to Korea last April and I only brought my passport with me. I think that should be sufficient if you're going for pleasure/vacation.

imiaKe 05-30-2009 07:44 AM

Customs dont really care as long as your out before your 6 month visa expires

Dont need to bring any extra papers

*the currency exchange in the airport right after customs but not "outside" yet has a pretty good exchange rate

dna82 06-04-2009 04:41 PM

find out where the closest Citibank is, as domestic korean banks will not take foreign ATM cards.

willystyle 06-04-2009 06:16 PM

How much would it cost roughly to travel to Seoul? Assuming I'm staying for 2 weeks, eating average food, and staying at an average hotel/hostel..

tool001 07-19-2009 11:46 PM

food is cheap,, $5-10 decent meal.. subway is pretty cheap also,, $1 for short distances...
shopping is cheap. drinking is cheap.... fuck damn canada!!!!

hotel can't tell, i stayed with my korean friend... hotel in seoul might be more exp. $50-60 onwards..

thats said, im going again ,,,Aug 19th ;)

edit: 2 weeks in seoul is too much,, 1 week and u can see everything....

guten 08-11-2009 02:37 AM

Use US dollars for your conversion as the rate is the best from canadian as of now.
very easy to convert in Korea.

genesis195 08-10-2010 07:43 PM

Sorry for bring up an old thread, but i kinda need to know some currency information. I'm going to Korea in about 1 week time. With the change in currency and other what not, and the fact that it is my first time to Korea. About how much money would i need for 10 days? Cash wise.
This is meant to cover my food expenses and also my puchases. ( i'm only going to buy some clothes, gifts, random stuff nothing major) i'm not the type that shops tell i drop :P.

Hotels and what not i'll be using my visa. And I'll be commuting either by bus or the trains, so i'm guessing cash for that.