REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 11-26-2008, 09:35 AM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madz View Post
Thanks man. I love the E46. One of my best friends has a red E46 in cali that's stroked and supercharged...600rwhp. (He was on the cover of Eurotuner last year sometime).

I was seriously considering an E92 M3 before I bought my GTR. I went to test drive it, and it felt like it lost a lot of the "rawness" of the older M3's... so I decided against it.

btw yeah the GTR feels really sluggish...boost dies down up top. So I'm getting the ecu upgrade next week, to yield about +70rwhp/70rwtq. Hopefully it'll be more on the top end. Might need a couple new acuators to get it to hold boost to redline though.
I will be getting an E92 M3 in a couple years (rather pay down mrgt in the short term), but I agree with you..when I test drove one, it was an awesome car but if you are use to the rawness of an E46 M3, the new one feels like Cadillac. Still a great car, but it is no subsitute for the E46. I will use the E92 as my daily driver and keep my E46 for weekends!

wow, I was just reading the latest addition of Road & Track and the Mine GTR was like 5 seconds faster than 620hp Tech Art Porsche 911TT (Willow Springs). I can't imagine how awesome your GTR will drive with the ECU upgrade Do you think your current mods yield much hp?
Advertisement
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #52
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
I will be getting an E92 M3 in a couple years (rather pay down mrgt in the short term), but I agree with you..when I test drove one, it was an awesome car but if you are use to the rawness of an E46 M3, the new one feels like Cadillac. Still a great car, but it is no subsitute for the E46. I will use the E92 as my daily driver and keep my E46 for weekends!

wow, I was just reading the latest addition of Road & Track and the Mine GTR was like 5 seconds faster than 620hp Tech Art Porsche 911TT (Willow Springs). I can't imagine how awesome your GTR will drive with the ECU upgrade Do you think your current mods yield much hp?
yeah keep the E46 lol...

just the HKS mid-pipe yields around 20awhp/40awtq...as dynoed by other members on the GTR forums... but that's my only "go fast" mod right now.

The mine's GTR has an ecu upgrade as well btw. Plus intake, exhaust, and mid-pipe.

if you like that article, you should watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlcw3cJywqI

Cobb ecu is what I'm getting. This is the Cobb GTR vs. Techart 911TT.

Last edited by Nitrouz; 11-26-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Nitrouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #53

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
yeah keep the E46 lol...

just the HKS mid-pipe yields around 20awhp/40awtq...as dynoed by other members on the GTR forums... but that's my only "go fast" mod right now.

The mine's GTR has an ecu upgrade as well btw. Plus intake, exhaust, and mid-pipe.

if you like that article, you should watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlcw3cJywqI

Cobb ecu is what I'm getting. This is the Cobb GTR vs. Techart 911TT.
That wasn't even a contest.......8 secs on Willow Springs?...R&T were making excuses about the TechArt Porsche, but what a joke....to all those P-car fanboys....the GTR is the real deal...I can't believe that with less power and more weight, the GTR still tromps the TA 911 in a straight line......once you get the software installed....your beast will be king!....forget about Lambos, Ferraris..even muscle cars......can't wait to see the evolution of your GTR.
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #54
Resident Bullshitter

HKS 570 Kit + Amuse Rom + catless Amuse TI exhaust is the way to go
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #55

^nah...that's the way to go *right now* as the platform is still new.

GT570 kit is way overpriced for what you get. The Cobb ecu performs (and retunes) way better than the amuse/mines. and the Amuse exhaust...besides looking good, it's just a $10K equivalent of titanium straight pipes.

That's nothing...even with 600awhp, it'll still feel slow. Don't follow the hype. Do your own research. Or else you'll end up with a car just like everyone else's.

I'm waiting a year or two before I REALLY start my project...I'm aiming for 4 digit numbers.

Last edited by Nitrouz; 11-26-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #56
Banned (ABWS)

That is going to be insane, you better bring it to the RS meets haha
BrendanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #57
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

make it matte black!!!

van_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:28 PM   #58
Banned (ABWS)

^holy shit, look at the tint
BlitzBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #59
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

The epitome of STEALTH.
SolidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #60
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

That must be fun driving at night if the windshield is limo tinted too haha
greendb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #61

looks like something batman would drive
Old 11-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #62

believe it or not, that car is wrapped in vinyl. All sticker.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:50 PM   #63
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
just saw the red one on granville and nelson like an hour ago,
looks pretty sick in person

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:14 PM   #64

thanks...

yeah I was at Uva having a drink with a friend...
Old 11-27-2008, 12:10 AM   #65
Resident Bullshitter

Quote:
^nah...that's the way to go *right now* as the platform is still new.

GT570 kit is way overpriced for what you get. The Cobb ecu performs (and retunes) way better than the amuse/mines. and the Amuse exhaust...besides looking good, it's just a $10K equivalent of titanium straight pipes.

That's nothing...even with 600awhp, it'll still feel slow. Don't follow the hype. Do your own research. Or else you'll end up with a car just like everyone else's.

I'm waiting a year or two before I REALLY start my project...I'm aiming for 4 digit numbers.
GT570 kit is cheap in hk, same with amuse stuff
not to mention getting Amuse updates is so much easier here. i still like the amuse sound more.

no matter how much power is accessible, the tranny is still too weak. a chipped GTR wont last more then 3 laps in ZIC before the tranny overheats and have shift problems.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:26 AM   #66
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

hey.... any pix of ur ducati though ?
windchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
GT570 kit is cheap in hk, same with amuse stuff
not to mention getting Amuse updates is so much easier here. i still like the amuse sound more.

no matter how much power is accessible, the tranny is still too weak. a chipped GTR wont last more then 3 laps in ZIC before the tranny overheats and have shift problems.
Tranny won't last more than 3 laps? Do you have proof or link to that? Just because you read in a few forums that a couple GTR's had tranny issues due to abuse (launching 20 times a week) makes it weak? Again, like I said, do some of your own research before making claims like that. You're not talking to a little kid here that doesn't know much and will believe anything you say. There are numerous members running high boost taking it to track days, drag strips, etc with NONE of them having tranny issues. So if you do know someone that blew a tranny after 3 laps, I'd love to see that although that may be 1 in 100. Until you can show me the link, it's 0 in 100.

I can probably get the GT570 kit cheaper than most people. But I don't want that kit right now. 570 is simply not enough.

Amuse......they have great quality, but I'm going with ARC.

Last edited by Nitrouz; 11-27-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:16 AM   #68
I STILL don't get it

Alex, I need to check it out next time we have a nissan meet!!!!!! and i'll have to get dave to take me for a rip in alyssa too! never got the chance
G Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #69
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

LOL 4digits... shiet son
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:29 PM   #70
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I saw a grey GTR in coquitlam today
PavelGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #71
I subscribe to Revscene

lol @ the champagne gold R8 at the back.
ew

New Greater Vancouver BMW Forums..

GV///Bimmers
elkayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #72
Resident Bullshitter

Quote:
Tranny won't last more than 3 laps? Do you have proof or link to that? Just because you read in a few forums that a couple GTR's had tranny issues due to abuse (launching 20 times a week) makes it weak? Again, like I said, do some of your own research before making claims like that. You're not talking to a little kid here that doesn't know much and will believe anything you say. There are numerous members running high boost taking it to track days, drag strips, etc with NONE of them having tranny issues. So if you do know someone that blew a tranny after 3 laps, I'd love to see that although that may be 1 in 100. Until you can show me the link, it's 0 in 100.

I can probably get the GT570 kit cheaper than most people. But I don't want that kit right now. 570 is simply not enough.

Amuse......they have great quality, but I'm going with ARC.

I don't know about you, but alot of us here already have the car like a year ago and has been taking it to ZIC. It has been a common problem with the tranny overheating on the chipped R35s and goes into limp mode after a few laps. Top Racing recommended getting a tranny oil cooler at first, but the tranny seems to have greater problem then that. we'll wait and see when someone comes out with tranny upgrade. Mine's, MCR, Amuse, and all respectable tuners has already mention the stock tranny can't take over 600HP.

I should give Top Racing a call and see how many tranny blew already

Last edited by .Renn.Sport; 11-27-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:11 PM   #73
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

wtf hyde u have a gtr too?
lemme guess u have a 9 inch cock?
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:14 PM   #74
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

renn sport = hyde ???

I m still waiting for ducati pix please !!
windchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:14 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I don't know about you, but alot of us here already have the car like a year ago and has been taking it to ZIC. It has been a common problem with the tranny overheating on the chipped R35s and goes into limp mode after a few laps. Top Racing recommended getting a tranny oil cooler at first, but the tranny seems to have greater problem then that. we'll wait and see when someone comes out with tranny upgrade. Mine's, MCR, Amuse, and all respectable tuners has already mention the stock tranny can't take over 600HP.

I should give Top Racing a call and see how many tranny blew already
You're hyde? Just lost all credibility with me then. Even me who has never been on these forums know you're a BS'er. Got flamed off of enough boards yet?

If you're not hyde, that was not meant towards you.

Good that you're reading a lot. Shows you can read. Let me know when you have some first hand experience, then step up and talk to me. If you're hyde, you know who you're talking to.

There's already a few cars in the 750lb/ft of tq range with no troubles. Aftermarkets evolve, and in the beginning, evolve very quickly. Learn the aftermarket. Have some background. Then come and debate with me. Otherwise I got no time for your BS. Thanks.

Last edited by Nitrouz; 11-27-2008 at 11:15 PM.