REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 12-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #51
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
for clothing never. I've said it before and i'll say it again, the only fake shiet I buy are the occasional fake dvds from chinese stores
hahha yeeeeees
Advertisement
bomberben69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:02 PM   #52
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushimi View Post
Oh yawn. Welfare, that was my opinion. Flame me as much as you want. Like I've said before, AAA quality is still fake. If one buys one, one cannot lie to oneself.
so if it's AAA quality, and exactly the same from every aspect possible, what makes it fake? aside from the price, that is
i know it seems like i am defending fakes, but as i'd stated previously in this thread, that's not the case. i'm just curious to see if anybody has a logical explanation to the BS
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #53
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
so if it's AAA quality, and exactly the same from every aspect possible, what makes it fake? aside from the price, that is
i know it seems like i am defending fakes, but as i'd stated previously in this thread, that's not the case. i'm just curious to see if anybody has a logical explanation to the BS
because the authentic LV bag that cakefaced bitch with fake titties is carrying was stitched together by 5 year old LGs from a fucking sweatshop in china while the fake LV carried by that old asian lady was manufactured by huge factories which fund terrorism that later bomb our fuckin asses.

Last edited by bomberben69; 12-14-2008 at 07:57 PM.
bomberben69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:21 PM   #54
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
What makes it fake is the fact that it was not manufatured by the rightful trademark/copyright holder. Hence the price will reflect that.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:45 PM   #55
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
i don't like to buy fake shit, it feels embarassing. in my opinion i think someone who buys fake shit and tells people it's real is being fake because to me it's like they are being someone their not because they might not be able to afford the real thing..
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #56
F3
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
If this is the case then you didn't buy a fake, you bought something that was on sale.
F3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:06 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameboy54 View Post
What makes it fake is the fact that it was not manufatured by the rightful trademark/copyright holder. Hence the price will reflect that.
i meant aside from the obvious BS that enables a company to charge a ridiculous mark up from what the product is actually worth in materials/labor/advertising.
i mean the difference of the actual product
-Norm Franz
Old 12-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #58
Banned (BBM)

i cant believe this topic can actually be debatable.

Fake shit = .....fake shit

Just like all the china cars are fake ass shit and copy other manufacture cars.

Fake shit = 14 dollar wonna be high roller

enough said, case closed

who the fuck would rock fake shit? cant afford the real deal? GTFO

cant take the heat in the kitchen? :IDL

same shit different day
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #59
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
i meant aside from the obvious BS that enables a company to charge a ridiculous mark up from what the product is actually worth in materials/labor/advertising.
i mean the difference of the actual product
Well, with that said, I would probably say materials and details. I've never compared a LV AAA vs the real deal, and I have no interest to but I'm sure there has to be a difference, be it the way it wears day-to-day (durability), or the how it's stitched, etc. etc. Unless, of course, it's the factory workers sneaking merchandise out and selling it as replicas.

Last edited by flameboy54; 12-15-2008 at 12:59 PM.
flameboy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:51 PM   #60

well then, the content of your well articulated argument has definitely convinced me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
i cant believe this topic can actually be debatable.

Fake shit = .....fake shit

Just like all the china cars are fake ass shit and copy other manufacture cars.

Fake shit = 14 dollar wonna be high roller

enough said, case closed

who the fuck would rock fake shit? cant afford the real deal? GTFO

cant take the heat in the kitchen? :IDL

same shit different day
-Norm Franz
Old 12-15-2008, 07:37 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameboy54 View Post
Well, with that said, I would probably say materials and details. I've never compared a LV AAA vs the real deal, and I have no interest to but I'm sure there has to be a difference, be it the way it wears day-to-day (durability), or the how it's stitched, etc. etc. Unless, of course, it's the factory workers sneaking merchandise out and selling it as replicas.

you can probably figure out the point that i'm driving at here
however, i realize this is becoming quite the dead horse, so i'll leave with this:
no one is going to know the difference between an extremely well made, unauthentic garment that costs roughly half the price of the authentic one, and the "real" article. it's all in the head of the buyer. you can lie to yourself all you want, but it won't change the truth. the authentic articles main area of cost is with the advertising, not the actual garment. and is still nowhere near the cost of retail. it is obviously, at least in my mind, reasonable to believe that they could be duplicated to exact specification for half the retail price and still be profitable. some people in this thread act as if these authentic goods are made by gods and not in the sweat shop next door to the one producing the fakes. to be honest, i used to buy into the whole versace, D&G, hugo boss garbage, but now i actually see things for what they are. the world is plagued with so much deceit, and the name brand is probably one of the simplest forms. in closing, i wouldn't be caught dead wearing a fake item, for fear that somebody may mistake it as being real
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 12-15-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #62
I am Hook'd on RS

i rather invest my money in the real thing, besides its better quality.
superdanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #63
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

i would never buy fake/wear fake things
id just feel like im trying to be someone im not
alicewang0109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #64
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdanish View Post
i rather invest my money in the real thing, besides its better quality.
sure you could look at it that way. and it would be true in most cases. but what about the items where high end doesn't necessarily equal higher quality. a super pricey t-shirt really isn't that much better constructed than a much less expensive one. the majority of 'designer' shoes are terrible quality, mainly glue jobs.
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:53 AM   #65
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Even if you wear the real thing and you look like a douche bag, people assume you are wearing something fake because you look like a douche bag. so there's really no difference haha

its the man that makes the clothes, not the clothes that make the man.
ZhangFei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:55 AM   #66
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

the reason why they were so expensive in the first place as because only the WORTHY are supposed to wear them.

but you have people rocking on clothing with a ghetto grimey swag, who are they lying to anyways?
ZhangFei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 AM   #67
I bringith the lowerballerith

welfare you are a good man.

Last edited by chr1s; 01-04-2009 at 05:12 AM.
chr1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #68

well, you know i try to use my brain as often as possible to cut through the bullshit. maybe others will understand it the way i do and follow suit one day.
don't get me wrong, i'm probably just as concerned with my appearance, if not more, than half of the ones posting. after all, the way we dress is made to be a representation of ourselves. i like quality clothes, and am able differentiate a quality item without paying a ridiculous bill to somehow make believe that it justifies it. i used to buy into the high end label garbage, but realized that i don't want to project the image that i think i'm deserving of 300$ jeans or that i think i'm better than others because i wear an expensive label. basically, that's the label you're giving yourself. i mean really, who are we trying to impress? i don't care for the ones it would impress, i'll tell you that much.
i started going to places like winners and other marked down outlets, but soon realized i could find clothes that i liked for way cheaper. now i shop at places like sally ann and value village. though value village is getting ridiculous with their prices lately as well.
some of the pros that i've found to buying at these thrift stores:
price. obviously
originality. you won't some guy walking down the street with your 40+ year old cardigan on
the re-use of old items. the cornerstone of efficiency.
most of the profits are turned over to charities such as canadian diabetes, salvation army, and so on.
i don't buy all that many clothes though, but the ones i do buy i make sure i am 100% satisfied that it fits me exactly how i want and i like the look of it. besides, the more clothes you have, the more energy you have to waste on deciding what to wear.
when you go to these places, all you need is a keen eye. i think that's one of the reasons people buy high end labels. blind faith. they're putting there trust into that label believing that the price is justified by the quality. i'll tell you now, no level quality justifies the prices of the items you see at high end boutiques. just a blatant scam in my eyes
-Norm Franz
Old 01-05-2009, 07:22 AM   #69
Banned (ABWS)

^ I think your just making up stuff to back up your "cheapness"

Personally I like high end brands because of quality and look not just because of the brand. You try to find a nice winter jacket that looks nice feels nice keeps you warm and will last you for ages at Value Village
trdees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdees View Post
^ I think your just making up stuff to back up your "cheapness"
what is it that i've said that seems unbelievable to you? i think that any logical person would see that it all makes perfect sense.
i spend money on things that i see to be justifiably priced, if i have the choice. it's called being efficient. don't try and dirty that title with a word like "cheapness"
Quote:
Personally I like high end brands because of quality and look not just because of the brand. You try to find a nice winter jacket that looks nice feels nice keeps you warm and will last you for ages at Value Village
about 3 weeks ago, at the salvation army, i found a crazy dope jacket. fits like a glove. gore-tex, so i could stand in the shower with it and not get wet. bright red, one of my favorite colors. i love the style, like an old school ski jacket. looks like brand new too. i pay attention to the detail and quality, and believe me, this jacket will last for ages. understand i rummaged for two years before i found that, so you know i was ecstatic when i did. definitely worth my 12$. especially when that money went to charity
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 01-05-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #71
Peanut Butter Jelly with a Baseball Bat!

too bad your logic falls on deaf ears. a lot of people on this board most likely have the disposable income to 'invest' in their appearance. and they most likely see it as just that, an investment in returns for things that are perhaps not so tangible. some say quality of the item some say for the 'cool' factor

some people invest their money in clothes, others in cars, others in things like real estate. to each their own right?

as for fake things though, i wouldn't by fake either. why spend the money for a fake when i can spend the same amount of money on something that won't have the stigma of being a 'fake' but works the same functionally anyways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
this aint mcdonalds, smiles aren't free.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:24 AM   #72
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
what is it that i've said that seems unbelievable to you? i think that any logical person would see that it all makes perfect sense.
i spend money on things that i see to be justifiably priced, if i have the choice. it's called being efficient. don't try and dirty that title with a word like "cheapness"

about 3 weeks ago, at the salvation army, i found a crazy dope jacket. fits like a glove. gore-tex, so i could stand in the shower with it and not get wet. bright red, one of my favorite colors. i love the style, like an old school ski jacket. looks like brand new too. i pay attention to the detail and quality, and believe me, this jacket will last for ages. understand i rummaged for two years before i found that, so you know i was ecstatic when i did. definitely worth my 12$. especially when that money went to charity
You've made some excellent points regarding average consumers understanding of quality, but I think you're underestimating the importance of style and trend. You hint at some reasons why you've decided to forgo modern luxury brands, but its a bit patronizing to assume that some people don't experience true joy from owning luxury goods.

Whilst you might believe that you've have ascended to a higher-plane where materialism/consumerism aren't so important, to some people luxury and fashion are the source of all beauty in this world. As Oscar Wilde said, "All art is quite useless," and I completely agree -- things that provide the most satisfaction and fulfillment are often without real use -- I love watches, and am fascinated by their design and movement, but could easily wear a Casio to tell time.

I think your issue is that you believe most people are stupid, and thus don't respect their decisions. Living in Vancouver, you see most people going out and buying the same LV bag, etc., for status, and I can see how this would distort your assumptions of people as a whole. Leave Vancouver, go to somewhere with real culture, and the trend isn't so much about status as it is about expression.
brokentelephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #73

hopefully i didn't project a notion of self righteousness.
i don't think most people are stupid, as that would be placing myself above others and that's definitely not a healthy deliberation.
to each their own indeed.
-Norm Franz
Old 01-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
ive seen $17HKD shirts at uniqlo, so thats a brand name $2 shirt thats legit!!
+1

if you want brand name that badly, wait for sales. ive bought a 300 dollar CD bag @ HR when it was 50% off.. happens. buy burberry and coach @ the outlet. don't buy fakes

or buy lower end of the same brand name - if you're in hk/japan, get burberry black/pink/blue labels. these are super stylish but cost you way less. i got a burberry blue label bag in tokyo for 200 and a black label wallet for my brother for 200.
how about vivienne westwood? not too pricey but has some pretty good products.. last time i went back to hk it was still pretty popular.. pretty good quality

you can even buy used. some people go overboard and buy something too expensive and regret later. some take really good care of the bags so it's not much difference between buying new apart from the reduced price tag and no taxes.

you just need to know how to shop brand names if you're on a budget. or, if you want to look baller/cool or something, go get street brands that cost less, like head porter or whatever.

why buy fake when you can get real for a bit more? you're just cheating yourself...

Last edited by yiujun; 01-10-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: typo
yiujun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfetched View Post
sure you could look at it that way. and it would be true in most cases. but what about the items where high end doesn't necessarily equal higher quality. a super pricey t-shirt really isn't that much better constructed than a much less expensive one. the majority of 'designer' shoes are terrible quality, mainly glue jobs.
+1

i have an LV bag where the gold link parts rusted or the paint faded away or something. i went back to LV to inquire abt it and she scoffed, "well what do you expect, that it's made out of gold? of course it won't last forever!"

and the other damier bag i have.. i don't even use it because its so non-functional.. the zipper scratches my hand (and i have very small handS) everytime i reach in to get something.. and there is only one inner flap in the bag and one huge compartment... very stupid for such a big bag.. if you keep a lot of stuff in it you just keep scratching your hand while you're hunting for your lipstick or wallet everytime cuz its so big in there with no small compartments.
yiujun is offline   Reply With Quote