REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 01-22-2009, 11:30 PM   #101
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab-norma-l View Post
no no no no no

It is illegal. Plus, it promotes child labor, cheap labor, sweat shops, etc. etc.
child labour >>>>> child sex labour.

Sadly, a lot of these individuals in 3rd world countries are presented with only these options to survive.
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2009, 02:02 AM   #102
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSugary View Post
Ever since I was a kid, I have always been obssessed by Mademoiselle Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel. Her wit, lifestyle, elegance, sophistication and classiness biography always amazes me.

I never had any of her stuffs until I could finally afford it. I refused to buy any fake stuffs of Chanel coz what's the purpose of having it if i cannot afford it.

And while I think the price for Chanels are ridiculous, I would never even buy a fake item from it. Someone told me, "Why should you buy the real ones if the fake ones look identical?"

I said...No they do not!

I guess you can say, I dont mind spending my money on Chanel's stuffs because I am paying her name with respect. It is more like obsession than anything else.

Besides, Chanel is an investment not like other designer stuffs like Gucci, Coach, Prada, etcetera. And, I am also planning to pass my Chanel collection to my daughters.

Right now, I am trying to save money for her 2009 sunglasses collection.

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous"

"THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE AND THE 2ND BEST ARE EXPENSIVE!"

---> 2 quotes from Coco Chanel

worse grammar ever
trduhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #103
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trduhs View Post
worse grammar ever
oh that's good
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #104
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

90% of the people who buy real, are the same as those who buy fake. They don't actually have taste they think that spending $600 on a LV bang flashing off the designer name makes them higher than the lower-middle class that they are. It doesn't.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #105
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trduhs View Post
worse grammar ever

You mean WORST grammar ever?
Dont you know the difference between worst and worse?

Anyways, me no speak English!!

Laterzzz
AppleSugary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #106
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^you know what they say... the key to a girl's heart is chanel
sexyflanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #107
Rs has made me the man i am today!

You can argue about value but at the end of the day the value of any good is relative, inherently subjective and based on perceptions of the individual consumer.

I think the bigger issue is that buying fake goods is essentially theft. It`s intellectual property crime and based on that principal, I would never buy a fake.
micbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #108
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

the problem lies deeper than other people noticing. yes, the idea behind brand names (especially those plastered all over the product) are geared towards appearance and what people think of you, read: status symbol. but lets face it... if you buy a fake, you're fooling yourself into thinking you're someone that you're clearly not.
typically, authentic designer wear is superior in quality alone, next comes trend... and 75% of the reason for its price is driven by its story of build quality and brand history (which knockoffs clearly lack)

the real benefit to buying high fashion is the experience of actually BUYING it. ever bought something from a louis vuitton boutique? it's a lot more gratifying that picking it out of a pile at a night market and passing it off as real... even if your dumb friends can't tell.

the moral of the story is self-honesty. be proud of what you have and live within your means... you'll attract the right kind of people by living an honest life. if you lose out on fucking some whore because you bought an esquire watch instead of a fucking knockoff cartier, consider yourself lucky... people who base their relationship decisions on brand names are even faker than the people wearing them.

if you can't afford it, it wasn't meant for you. deal with it.

-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
she's a whore. you're a loser.
in the garage:
'05 Dodge Ram 2500
'06 BMW 530i
'08 Chevy Equinox LT
the_rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #109
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,562 Times in 204 Posts
i haven't read most of the thread, but all i can say is it's up to the the person buying it.
If you want to buy fake that are so well made that people can't tell the difference, go for it, flaunt it all you want.
It's your decision to buy it, and your decision to flaunt it. If you want to buy real, then buy it and flaunt it.
At the end of the day you know you didn't buy the real thing, but there's no need to justify whether or not it's real or not as long as you're comfortable with it.
I like to buy legit cause it pays for people's salary, the sales person, the designer, the producer, and transporter and it does make me feel good about myself,that i made enough to buy it legit. I will keep on buying the things i like so the designers can make more money so they have the motivation to design new items that i will like.
It's a free country, do what makes you feel good. If you like vintage items at value village go for it. I don't like the old vintage look. If you like to buy the fake stuff, go for it and pretend all you want. However, I like the whole fresh clean look, i like to wear new stuff. You can call me a consumer, materialistic whore, so what? I probably am, as long as i can support that habit in a legal way then it's alright.

It's like the whole downloading music problem right now.
You can download music for free or you can go buy the CD. If you want them to continue to produce good music then buy the good music. If you want people to stop producing music then sure download all you want because soon, there will be no one willing to make music.

Yes, i'm making the an assumption that 99% of people are money driven and will produce because of the monetary increase they will receive.
IfUCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfUCare View Post

Yes, i'm making the an assumption that 99% of people are money driven and will produce because of the monetary increase they will receive.
well then. they're not really making music for the sake of artistic expression and communication then, now are they? then what are they making? aside from a paycheck and poor image?
-Norm Franz
Old 01-30-2009, 11:48 PM   #111
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
well then. they're not really making music for the sake of artistic expression and communication then, now are they? then what are they making?
It's called making a living. Doing it for expression is called a hobby. If you suck @ your hobby and want to turn it into a living, then good luck to you.

I could build a bridge for fun on my free time and it would work, but it's gonna be half-assed. Why... because doing it properly takes extra effort, like 8 hrs/day effort. MOST ppl would rather use that time & effort to pay the bills. Welcome to the pressures of the real world.
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:51 PM   #112
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,562 Times in 204 Posts
well, because since they can money by their artistic expression and communication people would then follow that path.
if you can't make enough to eat/survive darwin will prevail, you die, and there's no incentive to take that route.
there are many artists out there that aren't there to make a quick buck. They make music because they love it, but they still need to eat or feed their family. If they make music that people enjoy and people will buy their CD and them being rich is a by product of them making good music. They get rich by their hard work and good luck.
But if you're looking for a good justification of buying fake goods, don't sweat it man, who cares what people think. Buy it, use it, and chuck it.
IfUCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:38 AM   #113
HELP ME PLS!!!

Ill buy the CD, if i like the artist and the music
Old 02-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #114
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
buy whatever you like.. lol

whocares wat other people think about you?

it's just like walking down the street, holding your gf's hands, knowing that she has a penis in her pants or airbags in her bra. no one will notice since they don't give a shit about you. at the end, it's you that have to deal with the consequences of seeing an extra penis in the bedroom.
EPIC.

yea dont buy fake shit. buying fake shit = faker. unless if you THOUGHT it was real, then it turned out fake, then shitt....
omega_cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by goo3 View Post
It's called making a living. Doing it for expression is called a hobby. If you suck @ your hobby and want to turn it into a living, then good luck to you.

I could build a bridge for fun on my free time and it would work, but it's gonna be half-assed. Why... because doing it properly takes extra effort, like 8 hrs/day effort. MOST ppl would rather use that time & effort to pay the bills. Welcome to the pressures of the real world.
nice how you edited out the last sentence of my statement, by which would have given your reply no validity.
not to mention the irrelevant comparison.
it's actually interesting, and quite telling, that you would liken an art form to big business industry. completely straying it from what it's original centuries old intent was
-Norm Franz
Old 02-06-2009, 02:03 AM   #116
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
well then. they're not really making music for the sake of artistic expression and communication then, now are they? then what are they making? aside from a paycheck and poor image?
you mean that? i took that as a cheap shot u threw in @ some ideology you're against. you're telling me it wasn't?

Quote:
not to mention the irrelevant comparison.
it's actually interesting, and quite telling, that you would liken an art form to big business industry. completely straying it from what it's original centuries old intent was
Who the fuck cares what I liken. I'm just telling you the truth. It's up to you whether or not you can handle it.

We were talking about ppl producing because of monetary incentives. Artists, plumbers, teachers, lawyers, cops, and most of the bell curve of rational PEOPLE are gonna go make a living doing whatever works for them - a balance of what they enjoy vs what they're good at that's in demand - and put effort into doing it well. Bills need to be paid. Lives need to be lived. Chasing dreams of forgone centuries sounds romantic, but it doesn't resolve the fact that you need money to survive in 2009.

If I wanna design bridges but I can't add 2+2 in a world of integration by parts, why would I do that as a living? Instead, I can build spaghetti bridges for fun, let the real bridge builders do their thing, and make a living @ something else. I satisfy my expression and I don't live in the poor house. Sounds like a win-win, validity & relevance up the wazoo to me.
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:16 AM   #117

what can i say? i put my foot in my mouth and you've called me on it. you post a very reasonable argument. i admit defeat, respectfully
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 02-06-2009 at 05:32 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #118
RS Lurker, I don't post!

no way, that is stupid. but i think you are referring to the fake stuff in china not hong kong
leun74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #119
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
question should be:

why pretend to own something that you can't afford to own?

ot: did any one catch simpsons from last night - mapple - myphone - myphonies

+1
homey_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #120
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
I think the only reason you're asking this is cause you wanna get an A++++ fake and you want to see if anybody else does it so you feel less guilty.

Truth?

lol good point
KooPartyEnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:53 PM   #121
Need my Daily Fix of RS

i tried to pass off that "fake phase" for a bit, i just couldnt pull it off
...went legit and buy the real shizzz now
whtazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:50 AM   #122
I is Romanian

I soooo wanna buy a Panerai watch, but can't afford one at the moment.

There are shitloads of homage watches available for $100 USD or less. I won't buy one. fake is a Fake. Period.
avinayyar is offline   Reply With Quote