REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Sleeping problems

hi, to begin with, it is exam times, but it's not like i haven't had an exam before.... having said that i am BARELY tired when it's time to sleep,as in last night i didn't sleep and stayed up for about 28 hours and not feeling tired, and when i do get to sleep if i do, i am always freezing and then i wake up in a hot sweat every hour. i have a decreased appetite.... no doctors in till monday that i can see... thought i'd post here till then, and before 2 days ago i was completely fine and i generally sleep like a rock...

cliffs:

exam time... anxiety?
not tired, stayed awake for 28 hours
decreased appetite
very cold... wake up in hot sweat every hour
all happening within 2 days or so

It's like when you want to relax after work, and instead of having 1 beer with your girlfriend on a patio, you chug a 40oz of Everclear and strap yourself to the wing of an F-22 Raptor about to take off.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=560682 - My Feedback

Last edited by RSXmiloRSx; 12-04-2008 at 10:19 AM.
RSXmiloRSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

it could even be your bed....how old is it?

a sagging bed can lead to a shitty sleep...flip your mattress?
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #3

well i switched rooms just yesterday... so mattress probably got flipped over... it's new, my bed is really comfy... i sleep really well... not a shitty sleeper... that's why this is bothering me

It's like when you want to relax after work, and instead of having 1 beer with your girlfriend on a patio, you chug a 40oz of Everclear and strap yourself to the wing of an F-22 Raptor about to take off.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

MONO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectious_mononucleosis
Old 12-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #5

you really think it's mono?

doesn't mono make you REALLY tired though?...

Last edited by RSXmiloRSx; 12-04-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #6
Retired moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXmiloRSx View Post
hi, to begin with, it is exam times, but it's not like i haven't had an exam before.... having said that i am BARELY tired when it's time to sleep,as in last night i didn't sleep and stayed up for about 28 hours and not feeling tired, and when i do get to sleep if i do, i am always freezing and then i wake up in a hot sweat every hour. i have a decreased appetite.... no doctors in till monday that i can see... thought i'd post here till then, and before 2 days ago i was completely fine and i generally sleep like a rock...

cliffs:

exam time... anxiety?
not tired, stayed awake for 28 hours
decreased appetite
very cold... wake up in hot sweat every hour
all happening within 2 days or so

So you fall asleep freezing and when you wake up you're all hot and sweaty or you wake up sweaty? I don't think I understand.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #7

wake up hot and sweaty

Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #8
VLS Head Mod

looking for some advice as well. Monday I woke up at 4:30 to go to the bathroom and couldn't get back to sleep. I figured I'd sleep well that night. Went to the gym for an hour and was home by 7 pm. Got some bad news at that time, spent some time bawling my eyes out and finally went to bed about 9ish. Figured I'd sleep completely through the night with the combination of being up so early and the crying but nope I woke up at 5 am. Last night I skipped the gym because I needed to do laundry and wanted to get it done as soon as I got home from work so I could go to bed early. Ended up going to bed just after 8:30 but didn't fall asleep until 9. Woke up at 4 this morning to go to the bathroom and couldn't fall back asleep. I did fall asleep around 5:30/6 for maybe like 15 minutes but it was that type of sleep where you aren't fully asleep and can hear what's going on around you.

I can't keep going on this little sleep and need some suggestions. It can't be my bed because I just got a brand new pillowtop last saturday. tia
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:08 PM   #9

i'd place my bets on stress, turned out that's what it was with me

Old 01-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #10
VLS Head Mod

^^ bah, that's not something I can get rid of anytime soon
Tonight is going to be another try, although I do have an appointment with my trainer for half an hour at either 7:30 or 8
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #11
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXmiloRSx View Post
i'd place my bets on stress, turned out that's what it was with me
Bingo! Once a student, its exactly what it is. I used to take sleeping pills around exam time to help me fall asleep and once exams were over I used fall asleep without any problems....
Revive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #12
God of Unce

Don't take sleeping pills, you will later depend on them to get your rest.

Anyways.. click my signature link